Stafford Q

jess live die

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there's a gene that could be identified :laugh:

Just keep clinging to the dream Jackie .... if you build it, they will come :laugh:

And now, after reading your second post, I think I've just proved how spethal brindle owners are as well :laugh:

Edited by SoL

I'm sure there's a gene that could be identified :laugh:

MMM, well there is one gene that will produce pitch black in Staffords, but not sure you actually want the pretty little tan fringes that come with it :laugh:

I was talking about the "stupidity gene" and brindles :laugh:

You take that back!!! :laugh:

There was an add on DOL a while back where it had 'blues and blacks' out of the same litter. They advertised them both as rare and blue's were $2500 and black's were $2000.

Another way of looking at it in my opinion is the ethical breeders breed for the betterment of the breed and the unethical breeders breed to make money :laugh: .

I do know some so called breeders that will price puppies accordingly to cover costs or/and to make a profit :laugh: .

Every dog is special in their own way but brindles are extra spethal :laugh:

From when I first sent Koda over to Brew, I'd told Finola that I didn't want brindle and refused point blank to keep one out of the litter. My own personal theory being that the amount of naughtiness in a brindle directly corresponds with the number of stripes.

Of course, Finola keeps reminding me with great glee and a lot of :laugh: that the puppy which chose me has stripes! :laugh:

Mr Ellz thinks that this photo is very appropriate....brindle being put in its place.

post-864-1269300255_thumb.jpg

Edited for spellink.

Edited by ellz

Ummm - does brindle breed spethal in other breeds? I have a lovely big brindle Ridgey/Dane cross pup here... he likes carrying around a security blanky... errr!

IMG_2370.jpg

... or his skanky (grotty teddy bear)...

IMG_2424.jpg

Then again, one of the other rescues I have had at my place was a very smart little thing... ever seen a brindle Mini Foxie?

04-03-2010_foxie_pups036.jpg

Now you have... *grin*

T.

I was talking about the "stupidity gene" and brindles :thumbsup:

No stupidity gene in brindles - around here the blacker the dog the dumber it is :cheer:

:whee: :D my new little man is brindle and white so im siding with the brindle lovers :)

Edited by jess live die