Stafford Q

jess live die

I'll agree that a rich mahogany brindle is stunning. We rehomed a lovely little brindle Staffy girl at the rescue yesterday, she was stunning! We have a white girl at the rescue too...

We do see a lot of brindle dogs in rescue, and I'm finding myself liking the colour. It's amazing how many different shades of brindle there are...

T.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something special about the "rare blue ". It's called skin conditions and dilution apolecia.

Is it a fact that they have more problems with their skin? I just ask because there is a 6 month old blue pup at the local park and she was telling me that her pup has a skin condition already.

The vast majority are bred from poor quality dogs and bitches, many with skin condtions and allergies, which in turn go on to produce more of the same.

Everyone needs a black :D

00pinkday1-1.jpg

00pinkday19.jpg

:coffee::o

I can't imagine a dog in any other colour they are just not real for me :eek:

I met a blue the other day at the beach had had 12 months of skin problems and was 18 months old. The breeder had told them the bitch would grow out of it at 2. I thought that's a new one.

This owner in Perth was not very happy as the breeder assured them that their dogs have no allergies, she went to a special puppy class for staffy's (didn't know there was one) and found several of the litter mates there, all with skin problems. :love:

It is a shame because it really is a cute pup. I must ask her if it is registered. If it is should she report it to the kennel club? Better still, I'll tell her to join dogzonline.

Love the tutu :eek:

i love little black bricks, kegs on legs :eek:

ot, but when i got my first bt years ago, you paid more if they had a black patch over the eye, don't know if thats still the case?

choc labs seem to fetch way more too than goldens or blacks :love:

Every breeder ive come across so far have been registered breeders and dont breed just to produce the colour.

Im sorry but IMHO if they were ethical breeders thy wouldnt be breeding blue at all,

I think you should sit down and have a real good think about weather you want a quality stafford or a pretty colour

Im sorry but IMHO if they were ethical breeders thy wouldnt be breeding blue at all,

So Valglo(UK) and Koendidda(Aust) Crossguns (Aust) to name a few are unethical breeders? They have all bred blues.

Breeding for blue is unethical, the actual breeding of a blue is not a hanging offence.

Oh yes, done it myself too a few times too.............sorry about that. In one instance daddy was a pied Cradbury from the UK, mummy was a red Australian & New Zealand Champion double grand daughter of Aust Ch Toptaurus Cincinnati (sire of 25+ champions).

Blue Staffords can turn up in the best of kennels and from the best pedigrees, it is what the breeder does with them that dictates whether they are ethical or not.

And btw, for those who say they love a jet black Stafford...you are of course aware that genetically, in Staffords, there is actually no such thing! :laugh:

So Valglo(UK) and Koendidda(Aust) Crossguns (Aust) to name a few are unethical breeders? They have all bred blues.

Breeding for blue is unethical, the actual breeding of a blue is not a hanging offence. this is what i ment

Oh yes, done it myself too a few times too.............sorry about that. In one instance daddy was a pied Cradbury from the UK, mummy was a red Australian & New Zealand Champion double grand daughter of Aust Ch Toptaurus Cincinnati (sire of 25+ champions).

Sorry im not very articulate so my words dont come out right sometimes, i think the people who breed for any colour is wrong when people should breed to make staffords better,

i know a little about genetics and realise that things can just pop up out of seemingly nowhere, that is nobodys fault

Edited by SBT303

Blue Staffords can turn up in the best of kennels and from the best pedigrees, it is what the breeder does with them that dictates whether they are ethical or not.

And btw, for those who say they love a jet black Stafford...you are of course aware that genetically, in Staffords, there is actually no such thing! :laugh:

But we can pretend can't we? :laugh:

We all know that is why Warley takes her pics in black and white :laugh::laugh: