Stafford Q

jess live die

I know this has been asked before but i cant seem to find it.

Why are the blue staffordshires selling for more then any other colours?

*just incase you think dont get one no im not my breeder isnt a blue breeder this is just somthing i couldnt finger out*

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because they are con artists who have managed to find the niche market of people unwilling to research the breed properly and are wanting to believe they are buying something 'rare'.

Funnily enough, the blue colour on a Stafford looks pretty - add that to the advertising saying that they are "rare" (as rocks nowadays) - and the average person on the street will actually pay ridiculous amounts of money to have one...

Personally, I think a jet black Stafford is a thing of true beauty... *grin*

T.

Because buyers are dumb enough to pay it.

Same reason some "breeders" charge more for chocolate, merle, lilac and red Border Collies. Because these colours are rare in the better quality show lines they con the buyers into thinking they are getting something special. What most in fact are doing is breeding from inferior stock just to get the colour and charge a fortune for them to a gullible public.

No matter what breed, different colours should not be different prices. Certain colours only become desirable to pet buyers when breeders charge more for them, thus making Joe Public think there is something special about the colour.

Funnily enough, the blue colour on a Stafford looks pretty - add that to the advertising saying that they are "rare" (as rocks nowadays) - and the average person on the street will actually pay ridiculous amounts of money to have one...

T.

Yep. Not at all bias :laugh: but so do I. :laugh:

T.

:laugh: I don't think you've lived until you've been touched by brindle :laugh:

T.

:laugh: I don't think you've lived until you've been touched by brindle :laugh:

my soon to be boy is brindle :)

OH and I are looking for blue coloured staffies atm, mainly becasue he loves the colour. Every breeder ive come across so far have been registered breeders and dont breed just to produce the colour. I woudlnt buy a pup from a breeder that only trying to produce a certain colour....

But its the same with other dog breeds too, i found an add today for so called "rare chocolate labs' hmm yes because its unlikly that pretty much every second lab in the show ring is chocolate....

Edited by Dee_al

Because people are stupid enough to be taken in by the hype that they are "rare", check out the litters on DOL alone & they outnumber every other colour. :rolleyes:

Pity the colour doesn't fit the standard as well, it is impossible to have the right pigmentation on a dilute (and that is all a blue is ...... a dilute black/brindle, same as fawn is dilute red). :o

(Not biased or anything) So says somebody sitting here with 2 brindles & 2 very dark red sitting at her feet. :(

There is something special about the "rare blue ". It's called skin conditions and dilution apolecia.

Is it a fact that they have more problems with their skin? I just ask because there is a 6 month old blue pup at the local park and she was telling me that her pup has a skin condition already.