A Very Difficult Request

fiery_di

HI

A Little point on strata law for town houses and flats in regards to pets , if the animal is not taken on to shared areas it is allowed , this is a legal one that will hold , regardless of the strata members vote , this has been proven in court before but as you are only renting the town house the owner would need to present the matter .

If the dogs are subject to complaint then they may require the animals removed but they can not in fact enforce a no to them living on the property at all

if the animal needs to cross common property to gain entrance and exit to the property this can be an issue but with small dogs they can be carried

hope this helps as a lot of people have issues with strata bodies and pets but there are proven cases and allowances within the act that mean that a strata body cannot rule that no pets are allowed at all

hope this helps a little

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI

A Little point on strata law for town houses and flats in regards to pets , if the animal is not taken on to shared areas it is allowed , this is a legal one that will hold , regardless of the strata members vote , this has been proven in court before but as you are only renting the town house the owner would need to present the matter .

If the dogs are subject to complaint then they may require the animals removed but they can not in fact enforce a no to them living on the property at all

if the animal needs to cross common property to gain entrance and exit to the property this can be an issue but with small dogs they can be carried

hope this helps as a lot of people have issues with strata bodies and pets but there are proven cases and allowances within the act that mean that a strata body cannot rule that no pets are allowed at all

hope this helps a little

Can you provide a reference for this - is certainly contrary to what I have read re by-laws/ strata so am interested in reading more.

HI

hope this helps a little

Can you provide a reference for this - is certainly contrary to what I have read re by-laws/ strata so am interested in reading more.

Hi all, I was intending my first post for another thread but re this topic I found a link to an on-line strata brochure about keeping pets in NSW. It seems to depend on what option the body corporate chose re pet keeping.

http://www.lawsociety.com.au/idc/groups/pu...yers/027213.pdf

Hmm, Danois, I agree with you. Maybe the instances the poster knows of were under the options where pets are allowed, or at least not dis-allowed.

Whatever option applies though, imo responsibility falls back on the agent who should be aware of things.

• 2 weeks later...