Uk Judge Banned For 12 Months For Misconduct

ellz

Opinions???

I know nothing about this case so can't comment on it specifically.

Speaking generally as someone involved in show admin, it's nice to see a KC taking this kind of thing seriously. It happens here, and while most judges are ballsy enough to deal with post-show bullshit, it still needs to be dealt with firmly by the controls providing they have sufficient evidence to go on. Someone who tries to bully a judge isn't going to hesitate to attempt to bully a fellow exhibitor, club official or administrator.

Being a secretary I often see what happens after a show. There is bugger all point going up to a judge after the fact and being pushy about the fact that they dumped Gr Ch Kafoops Foobar or whatever. Firstly, the judge gets a catalogue, and secondly, get over it.

:o agree

(stop posting what I am thinking SSM, or I will become one of those people who only ever posts "me too" :rofl: )

Interesting though that the KC didnt manage to discuss the case until just after Crufts had finished .... Friends in high places maybe? Or an amazingly lucky co-incidence.

Love too that he knew already that he was going to win BIS (if he got through breed and group). I wonder if the General Specials judge was investigated too?

They brought the Giant out of retirement to win BIS at Crufts because they knew he would win (breed, group and BIs judges having all given him a BIS prior) I'm sure the amount of shows Yogi has been to, his owners will pretty much know who will pput him up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I congratulate everyone that posts a great win, if I am online that day or the next. I do not for one minute expect people to be as excited as Vizsla people are, plus the fact they don't really see the greatness of this dog having not owned bred shown Vizslas. Ok I accept that there weren't many congrats for all number of reasons.....doesn't matter now

Seriously, you are starting to appear a bit silly now.

They are two completely different threads.

Yogi's win - great, fantastic. I saw it on a news post and thought, "Nice to see a HV win", nope didn't post in the congrats thread... I also don't post on birthday threads, on 'what is my dog' thread and hmm...about 5 million other threads that are on DOL.

The co-owner making a tool of himself and being reprimanded. Yep, it happens to lots of people and should happen more often too. He is being discussed simply because he's "high profile" for now. Nobody in this thread said a single thing about the dog or the breed, merely that he's a co-owner then suddenly you're in here telling people off because they didn't offer congratulations to Australian connections but they will have on opinion on something other than the dog's win??

Go back to the start and read your posts. You almost look a little unhinged telling people off about having an opinion that they are entitled to have.

and no, it doesn't take away from Yogi's win. I'm another who thinks the dog is a very nice dog but if the owner did indeed do as the article says, he most certainly is a bit of a twit and people will naturally discuss it.

Ashanali get in and give me a serve too :o

Who did I tell off? Don't need to read my posts I know what I have said

What did I say that has caught your interest?

I'm unhinged...thanks..I didn't tell anyone off. He is not an owner or even a co-owner! I am not defending this man!!! (for the 100th time)

Why do you all come on and say what a tool he is and then have a go at me? we have established that he did wrong, I just mentioned in passing there were not a lot of congrats.......no big deal, the point that captured the Vizsla people were the one or two posts where the Judge of BIS at Crufts 2010 integrity was bought into question which was very unfair on her and Yogi's win, nothing else matters

Yogi won, he deserved his win

Mr Armstrong did wrong he deserved his suspension

I spoke up because a couple of people questioned the Crufts BIS judges' integrity and thats where Yogi was linked to it all, not fair

I didn't see any mention of the integrity of the BIS Crufts judge, there were some comments in regard to the expectations of Moray from the judges at a prior show when he was expecting to get BIS with yogi.

Opinions???

Speaking generally as someone involved in show admin, it's nice to see a KC taking this kind of thing seriously. It happens here, and while most judges are ballsy enough to deal with post-show bullshit, it still needs to be dealt with firmly by the controls providing they have sufficient evidence to go on. Someone who tries to bully a judge isn't going to hesitate to attempt to bully a fellow exhibitor, club official or administrator.

Being a secretary I often see what happens after a show. There is bugger all point going up to a judge after the fact and being pushy about the fact that they dumped Gr Ch Kafoops Foobar or whatever. Firstly, the judge gets a catalogue, and secondly, get over it.

(stop posting what I am thinking SSM, or I will become one of those people who only ever posts "me too" :rofl: )

Interesting though that the KC didnt manage to discuss the case until just after Crufts had finished .... Friends in high places maybe? Or an amazingly lucky co-incidence.

Love too that he knew already that he was going to win BIS (if he got through breed and group). I wonder if the General Specials judge was investigated too?

They brought the Giant out of retirement to win BIS at Crufts because they knew he would win (breed, group and BIs judges having all given him a BIS prior) I'm sure the amount of shows Yogi has been to, his owners will pretty much know who will pput him up.

Does that make him an unworthy winner? .......He wasn't retired at all, had just won a BIS a couple of weeks ago

I congratulate everyone that posts a great win, if I am online that day or the next. I do not for one minute expect people to be as excited as Vizsla people are, plus the fact they don't really see the greatness of this dog having not owned bred shown Vizslas. Ok I accept that there weren't many congrats for all number of reasons.....doesn't matter now

Yogi's win - great, fantastic. I saw it on a news post and thought, "Nice to see a HV win", nope didn't post in the congrats thread... I also don't post on birthday threads, on 'what is my dog' thread and hmm...about 5 million other threads that are on DOL.

The co-owner making a tool of himself and being reprimanded. Yep, it happens to lots of people and should happen more often too. He is being discussed simply because he's "high profile" for now. Nobody in this thread said a single thing about the dog or the breed, merely that he's a co-owner then suddenly you're in here telling people off because they didn't offer congratulations to Australian connections but they will have on opinion on something other than the dog's win??

Go back to the start and read your posts. You almost look a little unhinged telling people off about having an opinion that they are entitled to have.

and no, it doesn't take away from Yogi's win. I'm another who thinks the dog is a very nice dog but if the owner did indeed do as the article says, he most certainly is a bit of a twit and people will naturally discuss it.

Ashanali get in and give me a serve too :o

I'm unhinged...thanks..I didn't tell anyone off. He is not an owner or even a co-owner! I am not defending this man!!! (for the 100th time)

Why do you all come on and say what a tool he is and then have a go at me? we have established that he did wrong, I just mentioned in passing there were not a lot of congrats.......no big deal, the point that captured the Vizsla people were the one or two posts where the Judge of BIS at Crufts 2010 integrity was bought into question which was very unfair on her and Yogi's win, nothing else matters

I spoke up because a couple of people questioned the Crufts BIS judges' integrity and thats where Yogi was linked to it all, not fair

I didn't see any mention of the integrity of the BIS Crufts judge, there were some comments in regard to the expectations of Moray from the judges at a prior show when he was expecting to get BIS with yogi.

The Crufts BIS judges integrity was questioned during this thread, that is the reason I joined the discussion

Does that make him an unworthy winner? .......He wasn't retired at all, had just won a BIS a couple of weeks ago

I think becks was talking about the 2008? BIS winner.

You really are taking this too much to heart.

Opinions???

Hello!! I said GIANT as in Giant Schnauzer, Ch Jafrak Phillip Olivier who won Crufts a couple of years ago, I mentioned him as it was a similar scenario to the one mentioned about Moray expecting to get a BIS the day he won the RCC instead.

I made no comment on whether I think either dog is a worthy winner or not, I have seen both in the flesh but have never been hands on.

:confused: don't think so, I'm not a mind reader, thought she was referring to Yogi :o

:confused: don't think so, I'm not a mind reader, thought she was referring to Yogi :o

I think so!! That's why i said GIANT in my post :D

was referring to the patronising "you are taking it to heart" comment not to "Giant" Becks

never come across so many people with a view on my feelings.....people should stick to the topic

You said you thought I was refering to Yogi, I was just correcting that assumption. :confused:

was referring to the patronising "you are taking it to heart" comment not to "Giant" Becks

never come across so many people with a view on my feelings.....people should stick to the topic

I wasn't being patronising just commenting that you seem to be taking things personally.

Your first post in this thread was # 10 and you came on the defensive when there had only been one post that may have questioned things. No one is denying that the dog is a great one or deserved his win.

Did any of you read Troys post????????????????????????????????????????????????

This started as a valid topic...........

I would have participated, but not now it is so far off the rails I don't want to be struck by any stray bullets

Edited by nynka

It doesn't matter how good your dog is, what it's won or what you think it should win. No one has the right to mouth off at a judge when they don't get what they want and certainly shouldn't be saying things like " you cost me BIS ".

A dog is only as good as the judge thinks on the day and on that day it wasn't the judges choice, it's something that you just have to suck up and move on from.

Interesting though that the KC didnt manage to discuss the case until just after Crufts had finished ....

Friends in high places maybe? Or an amazingly lucky co-incidence.

BittyMooBeep did not question the Crufts BIS judge of this year 2010.

The article says, You cost me a BIS said at the Welsh Kennel Club last year to the judge at the time.

BittyMooBeep was asking if the BIS judge last year was also investigated, as the co-handler assumed he would get the BIS

if he got through.

If i read between the lines, BittyMoobeep was implying that the BIS judge last year was going to give Vogi the BIS

because it was already worked out. - please correct me if im wrong.

Agreed. So posters stop responding to you and replying regarding congratulations or not and get back to what the topic was. A competitor intimidating a judge and being penalised for it.

Getting back on topic - it is great to see that there is a judge that is strong enough to make a complaint when they are intimidated and equally, it is terrific that the organisation has supported them and acted on the complaint.

Getting back to the original topic Am I understanding this right? A person who is a judge (but not actually judging at the time of offence) has been banned for intimidating and threatening another judge who was judging at the time.

Thats how it reads to me but just want to make sure I am understanding it properly.

Ashanali get in and give me a serve too :coffee:

The Crufts BIS judges integrity was questioned during this thread, that is the reason I joined the discussion

You are reading everything in this thread deliberately as an attack on this dog's win, when no-one but you has mentioned the dog. Likewise I did not question the judges credibility - I said I wonder if he was investigated (seeing as this exhibitor publicly claimed that he would get BIS before it had been judged, and therefore by his own comments brought doubt as to the judges integrity)

ETA: I didnt mention the Crufts BIS judge - only the judge who the exhibitor claimed was going to give him BIS at a show last year

Edited by BittyMooPeeb

If i read between the lines, BittyMoobeep was implying that the BIS judge last year was going to give Vogi the BIS because it was already worked out. - please correct me if im wrong.

OOps just read this. Sort of - I was wondering if the judge was investigated as a result of the exhibitors comments which implied the result had already been worked out.