Uk Judge Banned For 12 Months For Misconduct

ellz

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/11-breaking

MORAY Armstrong, co-handler of Crufts BIS, the Hungarian Vizsla Sh Ch/Aus Ch Hungargunn Bear Itn Mind (Yogi), has been banned from showing at, judging or attending any KC licensed event for a year for threatening and intimidating a judge. At a disciplinary hearing at the Kennel Club today, Mr Armstrong admitted distressing Rachel Herbert after the open dog class at Welsh Kennel Club last year when he won the RCC with Yogi. He told her she would not judge again, that she had cost Mr Armstrong BIS and that she would pay for it.

The Disciplinary Sub-Committee heard there had been a complaint against Mr Armstrong - whose wife Kathryn co-owns Yogi – relating to his behaviour towards a judge after being awarded the RCC at Three Counties in 2005, for which he received a warning.

Opinions???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinions???

I know nothing about this case so can't comment on it specifically.

Speaking generally as someone involved in show admin, it's nice to see a KC taking this kind of thing seriously. It happens here, and while most judges are ballsy enough to deal with post-show bullshit, it still needs to be dealt with firmly by the controls providing they have sufficient evidence to go on. Someone who tries to bully a judge isn't going to hesitate to attempt to bully a fellow exhibitor, club official or administrator.

Being a secretary I often see what happens after a show. There is bugger all point going up to a judge after the fact and being pushy about the fact that they dumped Gr Ch Kafoops Foobar or whatever. Firstly, the judge gets a catalogue, and secondly, get over it.

Mr Armstrong admitted distressing Rachel Herbert after the open dog class at Welsh Kennel Club last year when he won the RCC with Yogi.

Great this kind of behaviour is being dealt with, I wonder why it take so long to get an outcome?

or attending any KC licensed event

This is a good addition. I know of someone in Australia who has been suspended but still attends shows with her dogs and hangs around getting someone to show them. In my opinion she shouldn't even be AT a showground.

or attending any KC licensed event

This is a good addition. I know of someone in Australia who has been suspended but still attends shows with her dogs and hangs around getting someone to show them. In my opinion she shouldn't even be AT a showground.

If it is in QLD they should not be at the grounds or their dogs shown.

Opinions???

I know nothing about this case so can't comment on it specifically.

Speaking generally as someone involved in show admin, it's nice to see a KC taking this kind of thing seriously. It happens here, and while most judges are ballsy enough to deal with post-show bullshit, it still needs to be dealt with firmly by the controls providing they have sufficient evidence to go on. Someone who tries to bully a judge isn't going to hesitate to attempt to bully a fellow exhibitor, club official or administrator.

Being a secretary I often see what happens after a show. There is bugger all point going up to a judge after the fact and being pushy about the fact that they dumped Gr Ch Kafoops Foobar or whatever. Firstly, the judge gets a catalogue, and secondly, get over it.

:laugh: agree

(stop posting what I am thinking SSM, or I will become one of those people who only ever posts "me too" :rofl: )

Interesting though that the KC didnt manage to discuss the case until just after Crufts had finished .... Friends in high places maybe? Or an amazingly lucky co-incidence.

Love too that he knew already that he was going to win BIS (if he got through breed and group). I wonder if the General Specials judge was investigated too?

throw accusations around all you like at the co-owners husband.....but don't try and take away a record winning dogs great success. This dog deserved to win, and he won on his own merit. Keep in mind he has won 18 BIS, and is a magnificent dog in all aspects of the breed, he is as close to perfect as you will get in a Vizsla so don't start slanging off about this beautiful dog and the judge that placed him BIS at Crufts 2010 because of a case against his co-owners husband

I'm sure the judge herself would not like to read such allegations.....

Nobody posting here came on the thread to congratulate or praise such a wonderful win so please don't start slagging off about it now, I haven't a problem with the topic but don't bring Yogi's great win into it, btw for those that don't know Yogi won BIG at Crufts last year as well, and is the biggest winning BIS winner ever in the UK

I am pretty sure no one is slagging off at the dog but rather the very arrogant handler.

No matter how great a dog is it can always be beat by other dogs. Every dog has it's day or time span and that doesn't last forever. This dog has had an amazing run and they should be grateful for that.

I am pretty sure no one is slagging off at the dog but rather the very arrogant handler.

No matter how great a dog is it can always be beat by other dogs. Every dog has it's day or time span and that doesn't last forever. This dog has had an amazing run and they should be grateful for that.

umm he isn't the handler, and who should be grateful to whom??????

umm he isn't the handler, and who should be grateful to whom??????

It's rhetoric

:laugh: agree

(stop posting what I am thinking SSM, or I will become one of those people who only ever posts "me too" :) )

Interesting though that the KC didnt manage to discuss the case until just after Crufts had finished .... Friends in high places maybe? Or an amazingly lucky co-incidence.

Love too that he knew already that he was going to win BIS (if he got through breed and group). I wonder if the General Specials judge was investigated too?

What are you implying with this statement?Sorry,but I am a little bewildered as to why such a comment would be made.

throw accusations around all you like at the co-owners husband.....but don't try and take away a record winning dogs great success. This dog deserved to win, and he won on his own merit. Keep in mind he has won 18 BIS, and is a magnificent dog in all aspects of the breed, he is as close to perfect as you will get in a Vizsla so don't start slanging off about this beautiful dog and the judge that placed him BIS at Crufts 2010 because of a case against his co-owners husband

Nobody posting here came on the thread to congratulate or praise such a wonderful win so please don't start slagging off about it now, I haven't a problem with the topic but don't bring Yogi's great win into it, btw for those that don't know Yogi won BIG at Crufts last year as well, and is the biggest winning BIS winner ever in the UK

I am not seeing anyone slagging the dog or its winning record.

No exhibitor, no matter how good the dog, should publicly assume they have a right to be put through to General Specials. That's a matter of sportsmanship, not conformation. It has nothing to do with the dog.

I am not seeing anyone slagging the dog or its winning record.

No exhibitor, no matter how good the dog, should publicly assume they have a right to be put through to General Specials. That's a matter of sportsmanship, not conformation. It has nothing to do with the dog.

of course it has nothing to do with the dog, so why all the innuendo, talk about the man but leave everything else out of it

Based on the facts presented here I don't think there would be any reason to investigate the GS judge. The GS judge may have put the dog up for BIS before, so the exhibitor might reasonably assume that they could do so again. There's nothing corrupt in that. It's just unsporting of the exhibitor (or anyone else) to drag that judge into it by implying that their upcoming BIS decision is already made.

Edited to change "would" to "could"

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie