In Our Local Paper

juice

I'm glad teh dog is back home. Does anybody know if council followed proper procedure as set out in ss33+ of the CAA? If not then there is surely a huge case to answer? The only reason I ask is that by those reports it sounds like they just rocked up and took the dog with no NOI or chance to object.

I would say not, as the owner appeared not to have known about the option of breed assessment , under the act.

Mr Coulter needs to lodge a formal complaint with Council, the DLG's Companion Animals and his local member

I'm glad teh dog is back home. Does anybody know if council followed proper procedure as set out in ss33+ of the CAA? If not then there is surely a huge case to answer? The only reason I ask is that by those reports it sounds like they just rocked up and took the dog with no NOI or chance to object.

Mr Coulter was forced blackmailed Into 1- de sexing his dog, regardless of him being 13yrs old which could have run Into complications. And 2 - Building an enclosure, or else his dog would not be returned to him.... before the dog was even assessed.

As It Is now that was all a waste of time and money which the pensioner clearly didn't have. Not to mention the heartache and distress this has put them both through! :)

This Is certainly a case of Bullying tactics :laugh:

I only hope Mr Coulter takes this further, but more than likely he's just happy to have Royce back home and won't pursue It

Mr Coulter was forced blackmailed Into 1- de sexing his dog, regardless of him being 13yrs old which could have run Into complications. And 2 - Building an enclosure, or else his dog would not be returned to him.... before the dog was even assessed.

As It Is now that was all a waste of time and money which the pensioner clearly didn't have. Not to mention the heartache and distress this has put them both through! :)

This Is certainly a case of Bullying tactics :rofl:

I only hope Mr Coulter takes this further, but more than likely he's just happy to have Royce back home and won't pursue It

I hope he takes it further too... it's absolutely disgraceful behaviour.

I also hope he seeks some kind of compensation for the costs he's incurred, and also the emotional trauma of thinking he was going to lose his best friend.

What's gone wrong... how can this happen in Australia? Those involved should be totally ASHAMED of themselves. I'm absolutely appalled.

Guest Willow

A puppy client of mine has a 14 weeks old Staffy x mastiff..he was approached by a random woman in the street & told he needed to declare it a dangerous dog & get "one of them dangerous dog collars on it"

He came to class almost in tears :rofl:

People are so ignorant!!!