Need Help Again

iltby

Hi all, me again.

Went on a big photo trip yesterday and took 160 photos...4 of which I edited. Just feel really uninspired by all of them, I dunno why. I was hoping to get some feedback or some suggestions on what I could do to them!

4438407222_538b01aba3.jpg

4437629811_9a8db7038f.jpg

4438947733_3bb86b7879.jpg

And just cause I can, a gorgeous Staffy I ran into on Katoomba street-

4437631981_9aff9951d4.jpg

TIA :(

First one, nice crop, cool.

Second is my pick, great focus and bokeh, nice. :laugh:

Third least fav, just doesn't draw me into stay to look. Perhaps if you went more horizontal and got more environment it might work better. Different angle too, get down to the hoses eye level? Try B&W?

Fourth the collar is distracting me, but love the expression.

My fav is the lizard shot, love the depth in the picture. The third picture just seems to be an an odd angle, it doesnt present the subject well. The forth shot, the staffy has nice expression but the collar is very bright and gets in the way. I would have tried to edit the collar out/ especially under the chin where it disteacts the most. I love your photography, my views are basic, not skilled.

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys.

Serena, I think I tried B&W but it sort of made the picture dull. Bad lighting or something I think.

The 4th was mostly just a snapshot of a gorgeous dog :laugh:

I took so many horse shots that day but only 1 or 2 were nice. They're pretty hard to take when they're just standing around.

Thanks very much again :laugh:

I ventured down there again today...thought I'd post the results here rather than create another thread. Still nothing brilliant but I had fun wandering around the Australian Heritage Centre.

4453361999_f163704cf4.jpg

4454140242_1ec79922c5.jpg

4454139720_e1492f5419.jpg

(how friggin' scary are those eyes?)

4454139166_7fc71db9ff.jpg

(these two horses were having a little spat because the male was stealing the mare's food. This male horse was seriously the most stunning horse I've ever come across. He was absolutely HUGE and just gorgeous. Obviously had the run of the place)

4454138184_1f7d2f671d.jpg

(really wish I'd gotten a better shot of these ones running)

4453359475_c7c8da6afd.jpg

Edited by iltby™

That's a Chough bird. I love the ruby eyes (I call them ruby, not red as it makes him appear a little less '28 Days Later') I've never seen one but that is what it is. Great shot of him.

eta: I like the way you've allowed him space - he looks like he was about to take off. With birds, some of the signs they are about to take off are they will stretch or poo and then off they go.

Edited by Ripley

The one of the two fighting horses is wonderful! The bird is striking!

:)

Thanks Perseph :thumbsup: Wish I'd gotten a sharper shot but it was all over very quickly.

That's a Chough bird. I love the ruby eyes (I call them ruby, not red as it makes him appear a little less '28 Days Later') I've never seen one but that is what it is. Great shot of him.

eta: I like the way you've allowed him space - he looks like he was about to take off. With birds, some of the signs they are about to take off are they will stretch or poo and then off they go.

Thanks for that Lynda, we'd figured it was a crow.

He was actually feasting from a huge pile of dung and we interrupted him.

The bird one is good ILTBY.

It's fine to have a period where your work doesn't inspire you - it's all part of the journey.

Cheers Annie!