Angel Eyes. It Works.

:hug: Cant believe it, after only 5 days of use.

This is the stuff from USA for tear staining.

My white boy had this staining, despite having the eye ducts checked & flushed at the vets.

It has stopped completely already. Miracle. One is always skeptical but I am so impressed.

The main ingredient is sweet potato, followed by rice, so quite safe.

:hug: Cant believe it, after only 5 days of use.

This is the stuff from USA for tear staining.

My white boy had this staining, despite having the eye ducts checked & flushed at the vets.

It has stopped completely already. Miracle. One is always skeptical but I am so impressed.

The main ingredient is sweet potato, followed by rice, so quite safe.

I know another that swears by the product. It is expensive but it appears to work.

I would still be questioning the cause of excess tears.

Are there any distichia or ectopic cillia? It is rare that there is no cause is found for excess tears. Occasionally they can have "lazy" tear ducts. I would still avoid daily doses of chook antibiotics. (It kills the bacteria that cause the staining).

Perhaps a trip to an ophthalmologist might be worthwhile?

(Sorry to be an Angel Eyes cynic.. :cry: )

My Great Dane has tear staining and anything he licks stains in the same way.....he's just gone onto the Vets All Natural Diet, I think we're 4 weeks into an 8 week trial and no new staining and existing staining is fading away.

I think it's great there is a product like Angel eyes but I think it's important to look at the inner workings of the dog as well.

Don't worry Elfin, I'm another cynic.

Many people with breeds that are prone to eye staining give their dogs fish antibiotics (usually in the drinking water). Apparently it changes the PH levels or something.

Personally, I don't think there is smoke without fire and eye discharge generally means that there is something else going on with the eye.

I'd rather treat the cause and completely remove the symptoms......but that's just me! :D

I have only ever had 1 dog with serious eye staining, but I put that down to the abrupt angle of his stop and placement of his eyes and I guess he had tear duct issues.

However I had another dog who never had any issues suddenly come up with bad eye staining. Nothing had changed (diet, products) and there were no physical reason for it - his eyes didn't tear up anymore than usual and he had just passed his ACES eye exam which would have picked up eyelash or duct issues. 1 bottle of Angel Eyes and the staining was cleared up. It also helped with the facial staining which had started at the same time.

He had 1 course and the staining abated, obviously there was nothing deeper going on otherwise it would not have worked, or the staining would have come back once the course was over. The staining was more than likely caused by yeast or other microorganism which the Angel Eyes got back under control.

It was recommended to me to give the dogs a run on probiotics (yoghurt etc) after using Angel Eyes as there is the small dose of antibiotics in them.

I have used the stuff and it really does work for those dogs without obvious reasons for staining.

I tried the Angel Eyes and yes, it did get rid of my bulldogs tear stains, but it is so expensive to give to a 25kg dog! I have just switched Wendell to Vet's All Natural due to his tummy rash/allergies and within a week not only has his rash improved dramatically, his tear stains are looking better and they don't smell either! And Wendell was on super premium kibble prior to the switch.

If antibiotics work then there's an underlying immune system issue.

Do folk really want their dogs to develop resistance to antibiotics through constant low dosage?

You don't keep the dog on the stuff for a prolonged time, and the amount of antibiotics in the mixture is quite small - my dog was on it and still developed a bowel problem that needed a course of antibiotics (I stopped the Angel Eyes at this point). I questioned why my dog developed the issue when it was on this stuff and it was explained that it was a negligible amount.

If my dog had an underlying immune issue, why did the eye & mouth staining not return when the Angel Eyes stopped? He's been off it for 6 months and you can see how the coat has grown in white. If your dog gets an infection elsewhere in their body, do you immediately believe it's an immune system issue?

If antibiotics work then there's an underlying immune system issue.

Do folk really want their dogs to develop resistance to antibiotics through constant low dosage?

You don't keep the dog on the stuff for a prolonged time, and the amount of antibiotics in the mixture is quite small - my dog was on it and still developed a bowel problem that needed a course of antibiotics (I stopped the Angel Eyes at this point). I questioned why my dog developed the issue when it was on this stuff and it was explained that it was a negligible amount.

If my dog had an underlying immune issue, why did the eye & mouth staining not return when the Angel Eyes stopped? He's been off it for 6 months and you can see how the coat has grown in white. If your dog gets an infection elsewhere in their body, do you immediately believe it's an immune system issue?

Perhaps because an underlying immune system issue (emerging bowel problem) was resolved?

Diet, stress, mouth and gum issues and a range of other factors can contribute to eye staining (not to mention eye issues). One holistic vet I saw said that in most of the cases she sees, a head or neck related issue is present.

What the antibiotics do is inhibit the growth of excess bacteria on the skin. That's what's causing the stain. They don't dry up the excess moisture. You're masking the problem by getting rid of the bacteria, not treating it.

Edited by poodlefan

Interesting topic, when you say a head or neck related issue, can you give examples.

Ear infections and mites.

Tooth and gum disease. Eye stains can be sign a dog's teeth need a good scale.

Teething in a young dog.

Blocked tear ducts.

Corneal ulcers

Flea infestations in the head/neck region.

Allergies.

Head/eye structure.

Edited by poodlefan

Thanks, I was thinking you meant something that needed adjustment by a chiro. Hopefully any vet would check the eye very thoroughly if a dog presented with staining under the eyes. I had a foster with very severe staining and the vet reckoned there was nothing wrong with the eyes - ears and teeth were fine. It does often go hand in hand with allergies.

Thanks, I was thinking you meant something that needed adjustment by a chiro. Hopefully any vet would check the eye very thoroughly if a dog presented with staining under the eyes. I had a foster with very severe staining and the vet reckoned there was nothing wrong with the eyes - ears and teeth were fine. It does often go hand in hand with allergies.

Stress is another trigger Fru Fru.. probably relevant for your foster.