Chicken Necks For Puppies

JaxD

Hi everyone

I have a 9 week old Jack Russell puppy who LOVES his chicken necks. I bash them with a rolling pin before giving them to him but he's finishing them so quickly, I wondered when I can give them to him 'whole' and if it'll take him a bit longer? It's not as if he gulps the whole thing down, he does rip and chew it but its gone in a few minutes..

Thanks for any advice..

If you are worried at all, I would continue to bash them. Unfortunately, they don't agree with my dog, but I've heard a horror story or two about choking on chicken necks. It probably wouldn't happen, but if I were feeding them, I would bash them.

If he can eat a bashed chicken neck so efficiently personally I'd buy chicken wings instead. They're an odd shape so the chance of choking is less than necks. You may have to take some of the skin off to start with, it's quite fatty and doesn't agree with all dogs.

One of my dogs is 9 weeks old and her chicken necks are no longer smashed. She is also given chicken wings which she loves. We do still hold the end of the necks so that she can't swollen them whole though.

If you are worried at all, I would continue to bash them. Unfortunately, they don't agree with my dog, but I've heard a horror story or two about choking on chicken necks. It probably wouldn't happen, but if I were feeding them, I would bash them.

Yes, a beagle breeder we know unfortunately lost a puppy at around 13 or 14 weeks a couple of years ago when eating a whole neck. Bad luck but it does happen.

If he can eat a bashed chicken neck so efficiently personally I'd buy chicken wings instead. They're an odd shape so the chance of choking is less than necks. You may have to take some of the skin off to start with, it's quite fatty and doesn't agree with all dogs.

I agree with Sandra :(