Old Photo's And Scanners

Darkrai

I did a whole heap of 1920s-1950s family photos and slides a few years back. It was not a fun project - extremely time consuming. Running them through the scanner once did no harm.

I would highly recommend that you simply find a pro lab that will do it for you, coz it sucked big weenies after about the 20th photo/slide LOL

If you are going to do it yourself, get online and do your research on how to get the best results - it's not as simple as whacking them in the scanner and pressing the button. You need to make sure to get the settings correct or your scanned image won't be as high as quality as you will need for archiving. If these images are worth doing, they're worth doing right, imho. And it's totally a project I'd only ever want to do once LOL (Even though now that I've done even more research there are things I'd do differently this time around, I ain't gonna do 'em again!)

Camera House do it - do you have one near you? They call it their Shoe-Box service, give them a shoe-box of old photographs and they will scan all of them and put them onto a disc. For a price: it is well worth joining their VIP membership for the discount price if you have a lot of photos.