Josie's ' I Need Feedback ' Thread

iltby

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice set!

#3 for me is the standout. Lovely use of depth of field and the focus on kittehs nose is just right! The framing is spot on, imho, well done!! :laugh:

Edited by kja

I like the idea in the first one, but the crop doesnt work for some reason. I am distracted by the section forward of the eye...it doesnt balance-but i cant explain why. LOOOVE the water droplets. MY daughter just looked over my shoulder at the yellow 'bug' and said whoooooooooa...shes a hard critic...lol...I love that bug shot also

Art is DEFINITELY in the eye of the beholder :laugh:

The last two are my favourites :laugh:. Just gorgeous stuff . Nice colour- D O F suits my eye :laugh: The only thing is the lack of detail, or the amount of brightness in the blade of grass the yellow moth is sitting on..... :laugh: and it would have been perfect to have caught his wingtip.

I just LOVE his fuzzy face!! That is so beautifully caught !

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated!

I tried tweaking a few, but I think I'll just leave Misty's eye...I agree, it doesn't work, I'm not sure why.

4400941154_1ab6636b6a.jpg

4400174833_5ab81c7214.jpg

4400174137_5413e5f7bc.jpg

This is another of Misty I took, I think I might prefer this one, I'm not sure-

4402114162_c0c3d18cbd.jpg

And just for you Perseph-

4402119434_0dbf8179d7.jpg

It was hard to get a good angle because he was in a very awkward spot and the ground was wet :laugh:

the moth is beautiful. I like them all but then I always like your photos Iltby. Do you use a tripod, I've never been able to get such clear sharp pics with my macro, and I dont think it's the lens, it's me, I just cant hold it steady enough for the real close up shots.

Thanks guys :happydance:

Nah I don't Linda, I tend to just hold my breath and rest on my knee...I find that keeps me steady as possible. Like you, I shake a lot so a fast shutter speed helps a lot, too. But there's nothing wrong with using your tripod if it makes life easier. If you don't, try holding your breath...I find it very helpful.

Aaah perhaps it's youth then sigh. I am just not that steady anymore. I was given a tripod today though, but I am not sure how to use it. The bloke who gave it to me doesn't know either, a bloke at his work was chucking it out and he grabbed it for me which was kind of him.

Haha, no, it's definitely not the youth...my hands shake all the time and my balance is shocking due to the ME. Honestly it's just the things I mentioned above, along with taking 10+ shots until I get the right, non-blurred shot.

Maybe post a pic of the tripod and we could lend a hand?

• 4 weeks later...

Wind flowers are awesome, love photographing them :eek:

I think the orange one is a type of poppy.

I think it's a bit of a bark on his nose :eek: I didn't want to flick it off and lose my model.

Wow I think they are all fantastic, love the nature ones and the cat ones even the close up eye.

:)

oh oh me, I want to give feedback (because I'm such a pro with photography :( )

I really like the first photo, the texture of the fur nicely compliments the patterns of the eyeball.