Dog Odour

dBUG

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

is there anyway to get rid of pet odour on carpet?

i got my carpet dry cleaned a week ago and it still smells pretty strong.

i didn't realize this until few mates visited and they said they can smell the pet odour...which was embarrassing :happydance2:

any tips and hint to clean up the carpet?

I have used Electro Dry Carpet Dry Cleaining with their pet neutralising service. It works very well and the pet neutralising costs a small amount extra per room and you have to ask for it specifically.

I had a young kitten who was using her tray but missing and getting some pee on the carpet outside of the tray. I bought her a hooded tray to solve the problem but the carpet dry cleaning worked a treat on the carpet that was already stinky. I have a very sensitive nose and get down, nose to ground to check it out. :thumbsup:

I ordered the Lavender fragrance on Wednesday, it arrived today. Will be trying it out tomorrow as things are a little on the nose after all this rain. :happydance:

16Paws, whats the verdict on the Lavender fragrance? :dancingelephant:

I can only give half a review as it was raining all weekend so I didn't use it as I'd planned to.

When I took the cap off the bottle I was expecting to be hit with fumes (like usual) - pleasantly I couldn't smell much. Even in the concentrated form I found the smell quite subtle. The fragrance was not as 'lavendary' is I thought it would be.

We gave the back patio (concrete) a clean with our high pressure hose and had the odourgo attached. I think the high power hose diluted the spray too much so I need to test it in a more confined area at the correct ratio. To be honest it was difficult to tell if the spray had worked as our dogs stink at the moment (damn rain!). The dogs didn't seem phased by the smell at all and I did not find it irritating or overpowering while using it.

I have a load of 'dog stuff' to wash so I'll be putting some Odourgo in with it. Also going to spray the car backseat when I find my spray bottle.

Thanks for this thread guys, I need to re-order some. 5L doesn't las long with me.... as I go a bit crazy with it. :crossfingers: I use it for everything and, funnily enough, it was a DOLer who recommended it to me a year or more back too in a thread just like this one! :crossfingers:

Thanks for this thread guys, I need to re-order some. 5L doesn't las long with me.... as I go a bit crazy with it. :thumbsup: I use it for everything and, funnily enough, it was a DOLer who recommended it to me a year or more back too in a thread just like this one! :crossfingers:

Anne, I remember the thread. :crossfingers: And it was me who suggested it. Good stuff hey? How did you find the scent?

Thanks for this thread guys, I need to re-order some. 5L doesn't las long with me.... as I go a bit crazy with it. :thumbsup: I use it for everything and, funnily enough, it was a DOLer who recommended it to me a year or more back too in a thread just like this one! :crossfingers:

Anne, I remember the thread. :crossfingers: And it was me who suggested it. Good stuff hey? How did you find the scent?

I actually really liked it. I had talc. I ran out again months ago (that's how quickly I use it up - I have gone through 10L since you recmmended it to me!!) and I have noticed my house has developed a 'smell' so I desperately need some more. It is great stuff. I wash the dogs bedding with it and I use it on the floors, mixing in a spray bottle with water. I am putting the house on the market soon and I really need it again to ensure the place is odour free!

Edited by ~Anne~

Would this stuff work on an outdoor cat enclosure? It stinks a bit of cat pee out there. I also wouldn't mind using it indoors, we have 3 cats and 1 dog all living inside, not to mention my stinky teenager!

I would think with the enclosure that it would be best to use an anzyme based cleaner and then use this after it??

Well I'm a bit excited this afternoon. I received a package in the mail. Lots of bottles of odour go in several scents to try. I was squealing to my friend in the kitchen, who ended up just as excited. ........... funny what females get hyped up about. :rofl: And this is all because of the amount of enquiries odour go has received since this thread started, and people started emailing supplier. :)

I've used odourgo before - I bought the peppermint scent. I love it as an air freshener & also put a dash in with the washing sometimes. Unfortunately i've found it isn't very effective for eliminating very strong odours though (like my OH's shoes :laugh:).

On Cat World they all seem to rave about a product called Odaban. I've recently tried this too, and just cannot stand the smell of it!!!... I bought it to get rid of the smell of cat pee in my soft crate (damn foster kitten!). Odourgo only masked the smell for a short time so I was desperate. Unfortunately Odaban smelt just as bad as the pee IMO, which hasn't faded over time/airing out, so now I have a EXTRA stinky crate!!

I also got some solid blocks, one peppermint and one lavendar. I will use these in my toilet at home to rid any nasty smells.

The scents I have got to try are : Peppermint, Lemon, Natural, Musk, Lavender, and Talc.

I've just changed my bed sheets, and sprayed mattress with the talc. Smells good so far. :laugh: Nice and fresh.

Then I sprayed my bathroom with a bit of peppermint. Smells very fresh.