Itching After Clipping

giraffez

We all must have a different definition of 'quite some fur'

I'm another who would never use a 30 on the body, there is just no need.

how often do you trim him?

With the 10 blade, every 6 weeks, with the 30 about 9-10 weeks.

I found a photo of him a while ago :laugh: . That was the first time I used a 30 on the body. It actually doesn't look to bad on him... it doesn't take very long before his fur grow out and i don't think it is skunk looking - i dunno, what do you think?

Edit: I also just noticed that my icon in my profile is also like a day after a 30 clip... my icon photo is more recent than the one i uploaded

post-23357-1267519177_thumb.jpg

Edited by giraffez

He is supposed to have fur, he is a Schnauzer, I don't quite get why you want him to look so skun.

A #10 is certainly as short as I would go, most that I do I use a #7 and they certainly don't suffer here in the Qld climate.

We do #7 in winter but not summer coat grows faster .#7 for most leave it too long unless clients are coming back 5/6 weeks

We generally use a #7 for backs in winter or some people like a #5 (I hate it personally) and mostly we do #10 in summer but we do have multiple ones who have #15 who love it! coats are fine and havent grown back badly and they have had that done for years. I think the pic ofhim looks sleek.

As far as groins we use a #10 or #15 whichever is most needed.

on a last note... thats one hell of a handsome schnauzer :happydance:

We generally use a #7 for backs in winter or some people like a #5 (I hate it personally) and mostly we do #10 in summer but we do have multiple ones who have #15 who love it! coats are fine and havent grown back badly and they have had that done for years. I think the pic ofhim looks sleek.

As far as groins we use a #10 or #15 whichever is most needed.

on a last note... thats one hell of a handsome schnauzer :laugh:

haha thanks, he will be thrilled!

I think its more personal preference, as long as it doesn't irritate him or cause him harm, it really doesn't matter as I don't use him as a show dog. Winter is coming, i think there is only 1 or 2 more shaves before i am going to let him get all scruffy looking so the fur keeps him warm. :thumbsup: Thanks all.