Inside Or Outside?

kiwioz

You are giving your puppy an area to go toilet right like a toileting pad? Toileting in their bed is not normal even if you don't give them a toilet area.

Yes, we do have an area set up where he can go although he has on accasion chewed the pads, rather than use them to pee. I know that toileting in their bed is not normal, however when I discussed it with a few other friends/online aquaintances who had CKCS, they said they had on occasion had the same issue.

He never does it when we are home, does not do it on our bed, couch or anywhere else he sleeps. I think it may not have been because he needed to go, I think he may have been frightened.... our neighbours have a little kid who when she is outside can cause an almighty ruckus. If he is outside, he barks and whines and runs back and forth along the fenceline getting very agitated at the noise. I am wondering whether he is hearing the noise and it frightens him?

As I said, we are not concerned, do not reprimand him for it, he's been vet checked and is happy, content and really making himself at home :hug: I am getting a dog door installed soon and once the new pup (picking up 10 week old CKCS in 2 weeks time) is old enough to go out and in, will let them come in and go out on their own schedule.

Susan