Ignorant Boarding Kennels

sandgrubber

Just had a couple arrive at my door asking if I could board their dog, a miniature bull terrier bitch puppy. They had just been turned away by another kennel on the grounds that they don't accept 'restricted breeds'.

Amazing that any dog professional could be so ignorant! The girl had all the hallmarks of a well bred bull terrier . . . no mistaking what she is.

There has been a bully doing the rounds of kennels & being turned away due to various experiences by other kennel owners.

may not be the same dog .

They knocked on our door last week & wont go into detail about the issues & then went next door not sure what happened after that.

they had been in another kennel prior & picked up that morning.

many kennels wont take Bullies due to there destruction issues & other feel they dont have the facilities to house them correctly depending on how well they have been raised.

We board alot & all are great dog but we had one that ate everything & anything given a chance

I know a doggy daycare or two that have insurance limitations on breeds. They cannot accept certain 'fighting' heritage breeds

that or the owners of the place truly are idiots

I don't have an issue with that actually - the doggy daycare type facitities I am aware of are no place for an adult "fighting"heritage dog. No doubt there are some great ones, but the ones I've seen are more like a free for all with untrained little yappers all over the place :thumbsup:

You'd be surprised what is considered fighting breed

bedlington terrier

boston terrier

kerry blue

mastiff

dogue de bordeaux

manchester terrier

all banned from our local doggy day centre

If it truly is an insurance limitation then I can see why they refuse them.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if you did- something would happen- and they'd be the ones to sue!