Applied Dog Behaviour Books

Kynan

Has anyone read the Handbooks of Applied Dog Behaviour and Training (Volumes 1, 2, 3) by Steven Lindsay and are they any good? They look very interesting and I would really like to buy them but just want to make sure that it is worth paying all that money for them.

They are scientifically based and excellent reference books. Not the sort for light reading in bed at night time, LOL. Depends on what background you have in understanding/knowledge of dogs and dog behaviour as to whether these are for you just yet. But if you're into heavier reading, well worthwhile having in your library.

They are scientifically based and excellent reference books. Not the sort for light reading in bed at night time, LOL. Depends on what background you have in understanding/knowledge of dogs and dog behaviour as to whether these are for you just yet. But if you're into heavier reading, well worthwhile having in your library.

Thanks Erny! Yep I am looking for some heavier reading :vomit: I am fascinated by dog psychology and behaviour just for my own personal interest. Not planning on a career change just yet :o Though I did look at doing the NDTF course but couldn't do the electives I wanted to do externally so decided it wasn't worth it. Do courses use these volumes as references?

Thanks Erny! Yep I am looking for some heavier reading :rasberry: I am fascinated by dog psychology and behaviour just for my own personal interest. Not planning on a career change just yet :thumbsup: Though I did look at doing the NDTF course but couldn't do the electives I wanted to do externally so decided it wasn't worth it. Do courses use these volumes as references?

you do know he's doing a 1 off seminar in Sydney dont you?

Kynan, I have read the three volumes of Steve Lindsay's books, I got them through Amazon CA and found them extremely heavy reading and as Erny said, not the type of book you would read before bed :eek:

The content is excellent and I would love to attend his seminar in Sydney but alas we will have just arrived home from an Urban Search & Rescue National Workshop in New Zealand. I know a Vic Police Dog Handler who is going up, we were discussing his books some time ago and I was disappointed that the dates clashed.

Enjoy, it's worth the purchase

Cheers,

Julie

You live in NSW and not going? :):(

Not by choice!! I have a young toddler and a tight budget, I'd certainly go if it was at all possible! How much does it cost? I couldn't find a figure anywhere.

Might have to settle for the books, they sound great!

For anyone who does not have access to his books and who would like a "preview", you can do a search through Google Books. There is actually a surprising amount of this material published on-line through Google Books.

For anyone who does not have access to his books and who would like a "preview", you can do a search through Google Books. There is actually a surprising amount of this material published on-line through Google Books.

Aidan isn't this where I usually come in and give you a telling off? :laugh::laugh:

Sorry about the last time I really was having an off day :(

Aidan isn't this where I usually come in and give you a telling off? :laugh::laugh:

Sorry about the last time I really was having an off day :)

Hahaha, right on cue!