One Photo

iltby

I think the texture looks great on this, ILTBY. Is that a white out with mist at Echo Point? If so you've done a great job editing the shot to fit the mood of the day. Your photos are usually so colourful and pop right out at you so I think doing something different challenges you even more. :laugh:

I love it! It's very emotive. I think it'll mean something completely different to everyone.

I know what you mean about not being able to judge photos outside of your comfort zone - I stepped out of my comfort zone this week too and branched into taking portraits of people in character. I think I'm happy with the result but I never know what people will say about portraits. Sometimes when I look at a photo of a friend I love the way they look but they don't!

I really like this photo. Like the way things line up too, well spaced.

Did you edit out the foreground? Love the effect.

Thanks very much :laugh: Nah, didn't edit anything out, just added the texture.

Looks great. What did you use for the textures?

Thanks Helen. Just used one off Flickr- http://www.flickr.com/photos/rephotography/2526565056/

I think the texture looks great on this, ILTBY. Is that a white out with mist at Echo Point? If so you've done a great job editing the shot to fit the mood of the day. Your photos are usually so colourful and pop right out at you so I think doing something different challenges you even more. :rofl:

Thanks Lynda - yeah, it is :rofl: Was literally pure white that day...I was hoping to get some misty shots but you couldn't see a thing.

I love it! It's very emotive. I think it'll mean something completely different to everyone.

I know what you mean about not being able to judge photos outside of your comfort zone - I stepped out of my comfort zone this week too and branched into taking portraits of people in character. I think I'm happy with the result but I never know what people will say about portraits. Sometimes when I look at a photo of a friend I love the way they look but they don't!

Thanks Shell :rofl:

I'd love to see some of those. I think most people tend not to like photos of themselves...they focus on the negatives and you focus on the positives.

this is great! I love the use of texture :rofl:

a little aside, but I used to love going down to Echo Point on a misty day and staring off into nothingness, barely ever a tourist in sight either ;)

Thanks Sam ;) Yeah, it was a really lovely day...still a few tourists about surprisingly, but very peaceful. I love that weather too, it's not cold, it just feels crisp.

--

Thanks very much all, I appreciate it!

Edited by iltby

I'm a bit late but nice work!

I would suggest perhaps a slightly different texture with a more 'uniform' pattern on it so it doesn't take away from the great compositional lines you have in there. At the moment my eyes are drawn to the spots of texture on the concrete at the bottom of the image (but I'm a freak and stuff like that stands out to me.)

I like it. Well done :thumbsup:

Thanks Vicke, much appreciated :thumbsup: I've actually approached a local cafe about hanging some of my work there and they were quite keen so I should get onto that.

Thanks Ash, I tried another one...let me know what you think-

4386285215_e79ca40495.jpg

Probably still a bit too distracting...

Not that I know anything about this stuff, but I prefer the first shot.

Overall it really appeals to my personality as I apart from my pets I love to just be alone and this picture shows someone alone, quiet and reflective. I guess they are calm and at peace which is another way of looking at it. I imagine that person looking out over the edge in wonder at the beauty they see before them.

• 2 weeks later...