Unbelievable!

I was just looking in the Gumtree pet section which is always not a good idea, however....

I just couldn't believe what I saw. A little dog found running around departures at Sydney Airport in the rain. The people have kept him. If anyone has any good ideas about this little one, I will pass it on to these people.

Very sad :thumbsup:

Link

Edited by FlyingFurball

2 springer spaniels escaped on landing from UK at Bris airport a couple of years ago ;) :eek:

One was caught, the other poor thing was found later in the surrounding scrub, died from a tick :laugh::rock: The family was absolutely distraught. Shocking beginning to their Aust. lives. :p

An older kitten was found in Cairns' airport terminal, a couple of years ago. Folk from Melbourne on their way to holiday in Port Douglas found him. Sweet, feisty little bloke. Signs were put up around Cairns & no one claimed him, so the Melbourne folk flew him down to their mother's home in Melbourne.

Meantime, a young man & his wife who lived just outside Cairns wondered where their puss had disappeared to.

Someone told them about the signs up re the found kitten. It was theirs! Quite distinct markings.

But how the heck did the kitten get to the airport? Young man's job took him to delivering things to the airport. Best guess was that puss stowed away in the car somehow....& got out at the airport. Local newspaper took up the story & the Melbourne people, still up at Port Douglas, accepted the evidence it was the couple's puddycat. Airline offered to fly puss back from Melbourne for free. Which they did.

We heard the story first-hand from the young wife's parents....a retired couple who live 3 doors down.

I hope there's a happy ending for this little dog. And here's hoping lots more people microchip their pets!

Edited by mita

Sydney Dogs and Cats Home is very much hit and miss in regard to their rehoming.

They publicly cling to the no-kill reputation from the past, but that is for publicity and fund raising.

The cannot be classed as no-kill now, with the number PTS and them using RSPCA to do temperament testing.

They keep some for long periods but others don't get much of a chance.There is no set formula used.

Few older ones are given the chance for a new home nor ones with issues, health or behavioural.

With them expanding to service more and more councils, they don't have the space to keep all of their dogs for lengthy periods.They are not a large facility, with limited cage space.

They also don't normally work with rescue except if rescue pay the full adoption fee, but even then that doesnt always guarantee rescue will be permitted to take the dog.They often say they want the dog to go to a new home straight off and not into foster care.They don't run a foster programme either, although there are a couple in foster care.They are an exception not the norm.Maybe this little one will be one of the lucky ones,either catch a staff members eye and deemed a favourite or they may actually agree for a rescue group to adopt it.But don't be fooled by what they put on their web site.

They are just words, nothing else.

Edited by sterlingsilver