Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Its a shame you cant get over our way PA, for a day :(, we could help you with Scooter, as you know having Paps & we are training them for Obed Trials :D yes it is fun going from knee high to ankle size :laugh:

With SFE try standing in front of Scoot withh food & get some one too walk from your right or left side to him, while you are giving him food & telling him he is a good boy repeating Stand, Stay , get the person to run their hands down his back, (they are not to speak), then they walk backwards a few steps. you praise him up big time. :D

I am looking at coming over your way maybe around early next month, we could meet up. PM me :D

Edited by murve

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well - me and Lottie had a go in our first Novice obedience last night, and not only did she come out with a lovely pass, but also came in with a 1st place!! :D :thumbsup: I'm soooo proud of my girl!! I seriously thought we wouldn't even get CCD, but to get a lovely novice pass, I just can't wipe the smile off my face!!

She got full marks in her SFE, recall, and her dumbbell retrieve (which was GORGEOUS!!!), and lost 10points in the heelwork - all due ot my dodgy handling, and her not wanting to drop, I really need to fix that, considering i've broken it!!!

I was so excited to see that on facebook Beth! Lottie is such a star!

I am trying to start teaching hudson some more obedience like tricks. Obvisouly we are starting right from the start, stand, sit + drop and a kind of heel. Because he has been learning sit now, he is sitting whenever he is trying to be good and we are losing the stand a little. Fortunately he has still been standing well in the show ring, but we need to work on the difference between stand and sit at home/training.

Well - me and Lottie had a go in our first Novice obedience last night, and not only did she come out with a lovely pass, but also came in with a 1st place!! :D :thumbsup: I'm soooo proud of my girl!! I seriously thought we wouldn't even get CCD, but to get a lovely novice pass, I just can't wipe the smile off my face!!

She got full marks in her SFE, recall, and her dumbbell retrieve (which was GORGEOUS!!!), and lost 10points in the heelwork - all due ot my dodgy handling, and her not wanting to drop, I really need to fix that, considering i've broken it!!!

Way to go girls :cheer::clap: big congrates to both of you's

we are hitting the Novice ring on Melb Cup Day for the first time since getting CCD title :crossfingers:

Thank you everyone :D still so super proud of her!!!

Her leg is ok, Ptolomy - I took her into the vet (waste of money and time, sigh) but anyway, luckily it was just a bad skin cut, and didn't need stitches at the moment, we're hoping it just heals itself!!! I'm just such a worry wort that I had to take her in to get it checked, just to double check that there was no real damage, and she obviously isn't in too much pain, as she was just sprinting around with a bottle in her mouth when she went out for a toilet break!!

I think we are all worry worts Beth. One of my kids cut her leg and had stitches recently and then developed an infection, just in time for the Royal Show. She is still on antibiotics, and today I found one of the ? internal stitches has surfaced, so i removed that, so hopefully we wont have any more problems.

Congrats Beth and I hope Lottie's leg heals! Saw the photos on facebook, youch! :(

Hope your girl clears up too, Ptolomy!

These dogs really do make us worry sometimes. But it's better than not having them there to worry over in the first place :)

Was so excited for you Beth!!! Well done!!

I did a training session all off lead today and broke it up into bits of training and bits of jumping around being silly. He was such a puppy tonight :rofl: He goes a little wide on the left about turns but we can tweak that up pretty quick! Finished with a cuddle on the ground and then a game of fetch. Was a good afternoon with my no.1! lol

043.jpg

RV & MG just like here, dosent matter which Pap I am working Orlando tries to push in & take over :laugh: their posie & gives me the look "mum, mum, my turn please mum to practice our obed" :rofl:

I do find after I work the Paps Orlando gives 110% :D

the pic of you RV is very cute & well done on SFE keep up the practice :D :thumbsup: