Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wahoo I am now the proud owner of a solid jump that actually looks like a solid jump :rofl: .

Photos please and how did you make it? I'm considering remaking mine, it's too flimsy so takes me forever to set up :rofl:

In case you are interested I put a link up to some cheap agility equipment in the WA thread, I found it while looking at crates.

Spotted Dog Nationals are in Sydney in a few weeks time so Zig and I are driving up and camping out! The Spotted Dog Millionaire is entered in Novice Obedience, Novice Jumping, Novice Agility and Open Jumping, which all take place on the Saturday morning. I've not entered conformation as I think that's enough to ask of him. There are 195 Dalmatians entered in the Champ Show :rofl: which should be an amazing sight!!!!

I wish the Labrador Retriever nationals would hold obedience and agility, too. It seems all they do is conformation and some retrieving test. Or even if the club would hold normal obedience and agility trials! Other breed clubs tend to, I just never understood why some breed clubs don't. I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation for why, I just don't know it :rofl:

I will watch your videos tonight, can't wait!! :rofl:

I wish Australia had a Chessie club. :love:

RS the thing I noticed most in your obidience runs is how happy Ruby looked! :D

Wahoo I am now the proud owner of a solid jump that actually looks like a solid jump :rofl: .

Photos please and how did you make it? I'm considering remaking mine, it's too flimsy so takes me forever to set up :rofl:

In case you are interested I put a link up to some cheap agility equipment in the WA thread, I found it while looking at crates.

Thanks Candice :D Someone showed us that link a few weeks ago and their 6m tunnels promptly sold out to DOLers! I missed out because I was too slow to make up my mind :rofl: The other stuff looks a bit cheap and nasty for the prices they are charging. I have made some bar jumps so far, and putting my thinking cap on for a tyre jump and chute!

Spotted Dog Nationals are in Sydney in a few weeks time so Zig and I are driving up and camping out! The Spotted Dog Millionaire is entered in Novice Obedience, Novice Jumping, Novice Agility and Open Jumping, which all take place on the Saturday morning. I've not entered conformation as I think that's enough to ask of him. There are 195 Dalmatians entered in the Champ Show :rofl: which should be an amazing sight!!!!

I wish the Labrador Retriever nationals would hold obedience and agility, too. It seems all they do is conformation and some retrieving test. Or even if the club would hold normal obedience and agility trials! Other breed clubs tend to, I just never understood why some breed clubs don't. I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation for why, I just don't know it :rofl:

I wish Australia had a Chessie club. :rofl:

RS the thing I noticed most in your obidience runs is how happy Ruby looked! :D

One of the things I love about Labs - they're always HAPPY :love:

Spotted Dog Nationals are in Sydney in a few weeks time so Zig and I are driving up and camping out! The Spotted Dog Millionaire is entered in Novice Obedience, Novice Jumping, Novice Agility and Open Jumping, which all take place on the Saturday morning. I've not entered conformation as I think that's enough to ask of him. There are 195 Dalmatians entered in the Champ Show :D which should be an amazing sight!!!!

I wish Australia had a Chessie club. :D

RS the thing I noticed most in your obidience runs is how happy Ruby looked! :love:

One of the things I love about Labs - they're always HAPPY :rofl:

Thats what I said to Rubystar today the thing I love about Rubys trial video's is that her tail is up and wagging, Masons is out dead straight when I train him lol :rofl:

Here you go RubyStar - my new solid jump - 400 height which is enough for my kids for training purposes and it fits in my car easily ;). I will paint the board white next weekend.

4496205022_96df44ec06.jpg

4496206438_fb19636dc9.jpg

My two worked great today. Sophie is real close to being trial ready, the only thing is I noticed today after it was mentioned in another thread that she sometimes nudges my hand :thumbsup: , I might have to hold my hand up at waist height. Poor little Banjo was working beautifully then he got a bit weird, I was wondering why then noticed he was doing a poo :):) .

My two worked great today. Sophie is real close to being trial ready, the only thing is I noticed today after it was mentioned in another thread that she sometimes nudges my hand :rofl: , I might have to hold my hand up at waist height. Poor little Banjo was working beautifully then he got a bit weird, I was wondering why then noticed he was doing a poo :rofl: :laugh: .

That'll make them weird every time :laugh:

I told him he can't do it in the ring :laugh: .

I've told Ruby that numerous times.. but twice she didn't listen :rofl:

A wee or poo in the ring, even between exercises, is classed as "misbehaviour" and slugs you 10 points in one hit!!

To redirect this thread to where it should be I am after some training suggestions on a few things. Worked Kenz tonight and she did a lovely novice round but she is starting to fall into the same habit as her bigger sister with deciding RATs are for sticky beaking and not paying attention. We have done plenty of stationary turn work but its not translating into a ring situation. The rest of her work is really very very nice so I would like to somehow get on top of this before it develops into a big problem. I have to suspect I am partly to blame because Ness does it (to a much greater extent though) as well and I was never able to fix it.

Hmmm I dunno I have had Ptolomy, Bedazzledx2 and the Sue guru all look at me in the past at various points when I have tried to fix the issue with Ness. Ness's is slightly different in that when we do a UD seekback and have to do the RAT and halt she is off with the fairies so misses the sit - some of the time. However I have see similairities with what Kenz is doing.

I thought I had me right but now I really do wonder.

We also have a few anticipation issues like to me saying yes to the judge as an acknowledgement that I am ready is Kenz's cue to get up. Eeeek she is very hyper sensitive to body language and I have to do a lot more proofing against that in all three positions but drops in particular.

If people think video might help I could talk nicely to Rivsky on the weekend and see if she can video something for me at the agility trial.

Edited by ness

I do things like RAT and then bolt, leaves a nosy border going 'shit mum is leaving'. Makes them pay attention in case you disappear lol. I don't think it is you. Think it is the flip side of having an alert breed, they do sticky beak.

Kenz is pretty good as the sticky beaking goes. She is probably not sticky beaking as much as I make out but I know where her head position is the rest of the time and I know exactly where I want it on my RAT and its not there and nothing I have tried has got it there yet.