Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have put up a couple of pics in the "All things Whippet" section of Ollie with his ribbons & cushions :D

& thanks guys, we have started working on Open class now, have to master the Retrieve dumbbell on flat & over hurdle, very slow process but we will get there :)

Great work DiscoDobe! Would love to see video of your little cutie in action!

Thanks! I got a video but its really terrible quality, wil have to get a friend to record us I think! Sent away her obedience register paperwork... she is now "do it or Elsie" hehehe

Great work DiscoDobe! Would love to see video of your little cutie in action!

Thanks! I got a video but its really terrible quality, wil have to get a friend to record us I think! Sent away her obedience register paperwork... she is now "do it or Elsie" hehehe

:rofl: Love it!! :rofl:

Alright we are entered in our first trial for next month, going in rally novice and special beginners obedience... now just need to get 2 minute down stays happening! Very disconcerting doing down stays with a dog that wags her tail through the whole 2 minutes, seems like she's having a suspicious amount of fun LOL must be the naughty terrier inside of her thinking of al the ways she can embaress me :D

Alright we are entered in our first trial for next month, going in rally novice and special beginners obedience... now just need to get 2 minute down stays happening! Very disconcerting doing down stays with a dog that wags her tail through the whole 2 minutes, seems like she's having a suspicious amount of fun LOL must be the naughty terrier inside of her thinking of al the ways she can embaress me :D

I wouldnt worry about the tail wagging during the stays as she stays put for the time allocated :laugh: most terriers I know do that

Good luck with your trial cant wait to here how you both go :D just remember chin up walk in that ring with confidence & your sweetie will do well.

if you go in being all nervous & tense the dog will read your body language & basically play up

But most of all Have Fun participating :laugh:

realizing that you are supefluous - go tracking with your dog, the harness breaks and your dog completes the track at full speed indicating all articles and making all turns..without you attached. And she had an absolute ball doing it..

Probably should have called her off and finished the track with one of the articles I had on me but ....

:laugh: kathq - what fun! Kirra did that to me in a TSD track - she did the last 100 metres or so on her own while I tried to keep up and pick up the lead - and avoid tripping over logs and branches :laugh: - luckily she sstopped when she found the tracklayer :rofl: .

Oh dear. How do you go about training it?

Sue & Waldo :D catch up with us on Tues night at FOO & my partner will help you to learn how to do scent discrimination :D

OK thanks-I missed this week-spent the week with a virus

was wondering where you might have been, hope you feel better now :D

Does anyone have a video of their dog doing the change of position n the CD ring?

Is this position changes. Sit, drop stand?? I have issues with this as well. Sasha has lately decided that she wants to move forward. So annoying when she creeps forward. We can do it on a step, and at home or on the oval but the min we go to school to practice she keeps creeping foward. Any tips?? We have comp day this sunday, we are in primary companion but I don'[t know if I will do comp day this time round. Might just do primary companion for another semester and then go onto secondary companion.

I would like her position changes to be much more cleaner. She use to be ok with it but in this class she just keeps creeping forward.

Does anyone have a video of their dog doing the change of position n the CD ring?

Is this position changes. Sit, drop stand?? I have issues with this as well. Sasha has lately decided that she wants to move forward. So annoying when she creeps forward. We can do it on a step, and at home or on the oval but the min we go to school to practice she keeps creeping foward. Any tips?? We have comp day this sunday, we are in primary companion but I don'[t know if I will do comp day this time round. Might just do primary companion for another semester and then go onto secondary companion.

I would like her position changes to be much more cleaner. She use to be ok with it but in this class she just keeps creeping forward.

One idea is to have a reward plate behind the dog as they creep forward because we so often reward them from hand. I also toss a cube of cheese over their head. This is a video of Zig and I training for change of position - just keeping it light and fun. So fun, in fact, that he anticipates and self rewards at the beginning of the clip :laugh:

I love watching Ruby! :laugh: Such a happy girl in the ring :laugh:

You oughtta see her latest triumph. Looking for the seekback last week, takes off into the next ring to retrieve their dumbell :o:eek: She was mighty pleased with herself :rofl:

Oh god I would have died!! :rofl:

:rofl: She's done worse, and I'm kind of used to her embarrassing me by now :rofl:

The look on not only the woman's face, but her dog's, was priceless! They both stood looking in disbelief :o

Not something I am proud of, or encourage... but really, besides going away and working on dumbells being thrown around us while we work as distraction, what else can I do but laugh? She's a retriever afterall and I had spent that week getting her hyped up about retrieving dummies for her RATG that weekend!