Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:o Duh! Wrong day - didn't realise Bairnsdale was on as well, keep thinking it would be nice if the agility trials were Sat/Sun but now I understand why! ;)

Thanks and good luck to you too murve - hope the weather is ok for us, looks like Gippy is going to cop it over the next few days :eek:

:o Duh! Wrong day - didn't realise Bairnsdale was on as well, keep thinking it would be nice if the agility trials were Sat/Sun but now I understand why! ;)

Thanks and good luck to you too murve - hope the weather is ok for us, looks like Gippy is going to cop it over the next few days :eek:

Yes I do hope the weather is good for us, I know Orlando (being a Whippet ) will work in the wet :thumbsup: , as long as it is not to wet during the week & nice over the long weekend, plus we have to load a water tank on Sat morn out at Bengworden :( at the family farm. One good thing we are leaving it there till after the trial & hitch up the trailer on the way home to Pakie :laugh:

Good luck murve! I think I get more nervous in the days leading up to a trial than the day itself.

I was just informed yesterday that one of the tollers that lives in my street is superstar Cider's brother! I guess you would say he is good friends with my two dogs, except that he's too interested in sticks to really pay much attention to them :laugh:

Oh Wuffles is that Zaffo? I have seen photos of the sticks this guy collects and he is a champion stick collector if ever I saw one :thumbsup:

He looks a lot like Cider - give him a pat/cuddle from us :D

Good luck murve! I think I get more nervous in the days leading up to a trial than the day itself.

I was just informed yesterday that one of the tollers that lives in my street is superstar Cider's brother! I guess you would say he is good friends with my two dogs, except that he's too interested in sticks to really pay much attention to them :laugh:

thanks Wuffles :D we will do our best, Yes the nerves are fluttering :( they always do days before a trial

Its been wet here the last couple of days, while the rain is light mist we train outside, either in the backyard or out the front, when it is heavy we have been training in the kitchen/dining room & the hall way :(

My neighbours must think I am nuts but what the hell, training needs to be done :) ( I live in a court, so we dont have much traffic to deal with)

Oh Wuffles is that Zaffo? I have seen photos of the sticks this guy collects and he is a champion stick collector if ever I saw one :thumbsup:

He looks a lot like Cider - give him a pat/cuddle from us :D

Sure is! One day on our morning walk he found a 1.5m fence paling and carried that the whole way. He was upset, though, that no-one would throw it for him. I will give him a pat/cuddle for you, although I usually try to avert eye contact to avoid having a slobbery stick slammed into my shins :rofl:

thanks Wuffles :D we will do our best, Yes the nerves are fluttering :( they always do days before a trial

Its been wet here the last couple of days, while the rain is light mist we train outside, either in the backyard or out the front, when it is heavy we have been training in the kitchen/dining room & the hall way :(

My neighbours must think I am nuts but what the hell, training needs to be done :) ( I live in a court, so we dont have much traffic to deal with)

Training in winter sucks. Not wet here at the moment, but freezing and DARK. I am doing as much training as possible in the house and trying to get the local oval but hating the pitch blackness.

your not wrong about winter sucks :laugh: we do have some light, very overcast though,

Just hope it clears up by the weekend :( the weather idiots reccond it will, well at least I know Orlando will work so I wont scratch him, I know some people will even if there has been a little rain ( sooks):) :)

The cold and dark sucks, but my biggest motivation killer is training by myself :laugh: Think I need to advertise for a dedicated UD training partner or else I am never going to pull my finger out!! I've got basics on all UD exercises (except directed jumping, but we did start the send to the box part ages ago, really need to add distance), and just really need to finetune the others big time! Only getting by on the basics isn't going to cut it for the trial ring laugh.gif

Girls were doing well on SD using the same scented article. Pulled out a brand new set of metals and they went WOAH!! Nup, don't know this game anymore :o So I worked through the beginning stages with Millie again and she got it. Got to do the same for Ruby.

Directed retrieve is coming along, but the full distance sometimes causes them to deviate to glove #2 at the last second if sending for 1 or 3 embarrass.gif

Millie's signals heelwork has been put into practice for a while now. She is so sensitive to signals that it hasn't been hard at all with her. Ruby on the other hand, will need exaggerated signals for a while longer as she's so much better at verbals. Nothing like kids being complete opposites in signals vs verbals to test you!! smile.gif

Hi Tollersowned :D I gather you are doing CCD

you will be fine

I was going to enter this one but decided not to enter just incase we fluke it this weekend with doing 3 trials :o

ya I know I'm nuts doing full on trials in 1 weekend

Well I've taken the plunge and entered Jovi in our first obedience trial! We are doing Hastings at the end of this month, it's definately going to be an experience!

If you want some help give me ahoy :) doing some trial training

you will be fine

I was going to enter this one but decided not to enter just incase we fluke it this weekend with doing 3 trials :o

I learned pretty quickly to enter trials even though we "could" pass before then :laugh: If I hadn't done so, we still wouldn't have our CCD...

The very first CCD trial I entered was the Melb Royal in 09 :eek:, I look back & think " Why the hell did I do that for".

Oh what a day its rained persistent, the judge was surprised my boy dropped in the wet, he didnt think it would be done, we didnt get a pass mark but was placed 3rd for the boys :D

Did some training earlier with Orlando, this boy is starting to surprise me, we did sit stay 5min, I couldn't believe it 2min of that was out of sight :cooldance::dancingelephant: he was still where I left him, mind you there was Chicken necks on the bench, ooohhh so tempting for him to go bench surfing :D (yes chickens still on bench none missing)

Considering we are only doing CCD level

you will be fine

Yup CCD, I initially wanted to just go straight into Novice but with my nerves probably best starting off in an easier class :o

you will be fine

Yup CCD, I initially wanted to just go straight into Novice but with my nerves probably best starting off in an easier class :o

Yep probably good to do CCD first, best for your nerves :D

hi Jess how is the weather in Gippsland???

I have to move Orlando & the trigger to another house this morning till after the trials, our Bitch came into season last night :eek: :eek: If I don't move him, he is going to totally blow this weekend of trials

hi Jess how is the weather in Gippsland???

I have to move Orlando & the trigger to another house this morning till after the trials, our Bitch came into season last night :eek: :eek: If I don't move him, he is going to totally blow this weekend of trials

Told it's not too bad by a work colleague today - forecast still looks ok, I heard there was some flooding down in the far East but doesn't like it's affected Bairnsdale - more Cann River area.

I don't head off til tomorrow morning - hopefully will miss the mad long weekend traffic through the city :eek:

Good luck for tomorrow - hopefully your boy leaves his "boy brain" at home ;)

If you've got time Monday, come say hello - I run two black dogs, one is Lab x the other is a BC x kelpie with very pricked ears. :D