Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Last night was bitter sweet for me, after our disater at canberra with the dalmation iv spent the last 3 months working on his stays to get them solid again, so last night i went to a mock trial to test the waters and see if all the work i had put in was sucessfull and.... It was i got 2 passes last night i was soo stoked untill somone reminded me that if it was a trial that would have been our tital.

I also got him mesured and he is 430mm / 16.92 in

400 dog :laugh:

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering do you guys put a verbal cue on the hand touch? I don't, I figure the physical cue of holding my hand a certain way for the touch is sufficient and I always thought I might want to use a 'go touch' cue for sending the dog away to touch something or for 2o2o.

I was wondering do you guys put a verbal cue on the hand touch? I don't, I figure the physical cue of holding my hand a certain way for the touch is sufficient and I always thought I might want to use a 'go touch' cue for sending the dog away to touch something or for 2o2o.

Well the hand should be the cue, however if you use the word 'target' you can apply this to anything.

I did some heelwork with Banjo this morning without having food on me and oops :) I've not done enough of that :) . I best be working on that before our first trial :wave: . He did do a lovely hand target into line up postion :( .

I did some heelwork with Banjo this morning without having food on me and oops :) I've not done enough of that :rofl: . I best be working on that before our first trial :eek: . He did do a lovely hand target into line up postion :( .

:) Tiggy - me too - on both counts. Rory has a grade test next Sunday - sort of CCD level almost -so there'll be a fair bit of training this week :wave: . He did manage a stand stay in class yesterday - first time he's got the whole exercise right in that situation - good boy!

Had another good run through yesterday thanks to RubyStar :(

I just think 'RubyStar' as I start off and for some reason I don't freeze up. Quite weird really :)

So did you end up doing the Mock trial thing?? and don't tell me you have taken up drinking like Rubystar :)

So did you end up doing the Mock trial thing?? and don't tell me you have taken up drinking like Rubystar :)

We don't seem to do mock trials here. We have a ring set up at club every Sunday and can do a run through in there. You can train or do it to trial standard. We do group stays as well each week. We are lucky enough to have some top UDX people helping out and a couple of judges.

I have a real trial in a couple of weeks. My first in over 13 years :)

No drinking as training and trial will be in the morning :( I did have to have a couple of drinks to recover from my 'relaxing' off lead walk!

So did you end up doing the Mock trial thing?? and don't tell me you have taken up drinking like Rubystar :laugh:

:D Pot, kettle, etc etc :rofl::eek:

I'm not 100% certain I'll be at training tonight, I really need to study! Don't go eating cake without me :o

Edited by RubyStar

Had another good run through yesterday thanks to RubyStar :laugh:

I just think 'RubyStar' as I start off and for some reason I don't freeze up. Quite weird really :D

So did you end up doing the Mock trial thing?? and don't tell me you have taken up drinking like Rubystar :eek:

:rofl:

Had another good run through yesterday thanks to RubyStar :laugh:

I just think 'RubyStar' as I start off and for some reason I don't freeze up. Quite weird really :D

I'm getting weirded out, now :rofl::eek:

Be afraid. Be very afraid! heehee.

If I could pronounce "Ptolomy" I might have used her instead. But as it is I would have sent the heel pattern thinking about how to say the name. :o