Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

We did it! We got our first UD leg today at our 5th trial in the pouring rain! She dropped in the box on the first sendaway so we lost 6 points there but only lost 1 or 2 points in most other exercises due to sloppiness (poor presents, slow finishes etc etc) but overall I'm happy with her work and know what I need to improve on!! She ended up with 181 and 2nd place, and the video is currently uploading! :laugh::rofl:

WOOHOOOOOO :love: :p :p

Congratulations! Where were you trialling?

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We did it! We got our first UD leg today at our 5th trial in the pouring rain! She dropped in the box on the first sendaway so we lost 6 points there but only lost 1 or 2 points in most other exercises due to sloppiness (poor presents, slow finishes etc etc) but overall I'm happy with her work and know what I need to improve on!! She ended up with 181 and 2nd place, and the video is currently uploading! :laugh::rofl:

:love: :p :p

Soooooooo happy for you Nic!

WOOHOOOOOO :love: :p :p

Congratulations! Where were you trialling?

In Toowoomba in the rain! LOL How did you go in Grafton?

Not so good. Trial 1 she blew DJ (nothing else wrong), Trial 2 idiot handler who shall remain forever nameless said "heel" at the start of the signals (nothing else wrong) and trial 3 we withdrew after DJ as she couldnt stand stilll from the weight of all the flying, biting things that were swarming in the ring, despite multiple applications of aeroguard.

On the plus side her scent work all weekend was awesome despite on occasions rain, howling gales, 26 degree heat and the local insect populations. On the down side 400 km each way for no quallie is a bit disheartening. I am starting to think we will have one seriously proofed girl by the time we get it all together at least that is what I keep telling myself otherwise things are going to take on a desperate look.

Once again well done Nic, I knew you guys would get there soon!

We did it! We got our first UD leg today at our 5th trial in the pouring rain! She dropped in the box on the first sendaway so we lost 6 points there but only lost 1 or 2 points in most other exercises due to sloppiness (poor presents, slow finishes etc etc) but overall I'm happy with her work and know what I need to improve on!! She ended up with 181 and 2nd place, and the video is currently uploading! :):laugh:

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Here's the linky to our trial from today!

Awesome work!!!! And in the rain too!!!! You must be so bloody proud!

still grinning.... the giant glass of wine may be aiding the size of said grin! :)

bummer Kath, Im sure your first leg won't be far away!!!!

Super well done, Seita - 1 down 2 to go.

And commiserations kathq - but good that you can take positives away. And you have now joined the legion of UD handlers who have spoken in signals :) - take comfort - from my experience, that's a mistake you only make once :laugh: .

Well done for all your passes guys :) Sas that stand for exam pic is hilarious! If I had been the judge I would have been giggling too much to do it, your dog is HUGE! :laugh:

I had possibly the worst training session ever! The new pup will not walk in mud! A grumpier pup you have never seen, She will drop in it but not walk. So embarrassing as she is a border collie! The stand is coming along though. Luckily the class I teach did really well so that made me feel like not quite so much a loser!

HUGE congratulations SAS and Seita :eek: Only sorry I can't watch the video - hmm about time I organized internet access at home me thinks ;)

I can't get naked dsl at my house either (I think you mentioned that was what you are after) so I went for mobile broadband until I can. Very happy with it as it means I can take it on the road with me and my laptop, too :laugh: Came in handy for my Melbourne trip at the airport and hotel room!

Perth people: there is an Obedience Practice Trial on next Sunday (12th) on the lower oval at the K9 for those interested. 10am-2pm.

Would have loved to do it but its my club comp at the same time ( not that I think Mason would be ready for it anyway)

Perth people: there is an Obedience Practice Trial on next Sunday (12th) on the lower oval at the K9 for those interested. 10am-2pm.

Would have loved to do it but its my club comp at the same time ( not that I think Mason would be ready for it anyway)

Bummer! But good luck for your club comp :hug: I think Hannah said it is also a Rally-O mock trial, I might give that a go with Millie seeing I did the seminar with Ruby.

I'm waiting for an agility mock trial! They had quite a few leading up to the Nationals but now that I would actually like to take part in one with Ruby, they don't seem to be having any :)

Edited by RubyStar

I'm feeling all out of whack with training at the moment. Luuka and I were doing really well until we got a new obedience trainer who is ... just not the right fit for us I feel. She means well but she confuses me. She tells me to be firmer with Luuka and then that I'm not praising enough. She also made me completely change how I was teaching Luuka drop. I was bending down and leading her part of the way down with a treat but the trainer said I'm not to bend at all, and I just have to make the signal with my right hand and say 'drop'. So now Luuka just stares at me.

She won't do anything at all without a treat. I'm doing it all wrong :) Like I said to TN last night, I feel like Luuka is a super expensive and complicated piece of technology and I am an ape trying to work it!

Bah.