Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Saturday week - eeeeeeeeekk. Last time Ness did Open was this time last year at the Royal and it was a little bit of a diasaster by her standards.

Coco went almost 12 months in between Open trials with her last one being her title and she came out with no training and

anaged a 2nd and a score of 180 something. We then went another three months for another 2nd and 193. Holidays can be good for them and Open is fun.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back from our first CCD trial and we got a pass JUST!

Horrendous weather in Sydney!

He did well on most things but he really did lag in the heeling so definately some more work there!

A friend took some photos but no video.

It might not be a bright spark SFE idea for other dogs, but all I can say is it is currently working for wigglebum Ruby, but we still have a long way to go. In combination with steady feet game, just ask someone to place their hands on the dog. Click straight away for them not moving and treat. If they move after the click, which they probably will, don't fret, the click usually ends the behaviour anyway. Repeat, but increase the time the person just places their hands on them. I am finding Ruby is not even looking at the person touching her, she is too busy staring at me waiting for that click! Progress to person examining. It just seems to be working for us so far in training :rofl: But I do need to be careful about her moving afterwards as she might start doing so in trials. I'll see how this progresses and report back!!

The above courtesy of Ptolomy... hope she doesn't mind me sharing! :thumbsup:

SFE is the only thing Mason can do reasonably well :eek: we have our club comp next weekend and I am nervous, have not had a chance to train this week, been so so busy :(

Thanks guys - a lot of work to do this week without boring him!

Some photos from today, thanks Stormie!

Having a pep talk before going in:

20100904-008.jpg

With the Judge after an exercise:

20100904-096.jpg

Stand for Exam:

20100904-072.jpg

20100904-066.jpg

Sit Stays:

20100904-104.jpg

WOOT WOOT MR Dante!

20100904-131.jpg

20100904-132.jpg

Smooching up to the judge at presentation time:

20100904-137.jpg

20100904-148.jpg

'cause he's a Boof:

20100904-152.jpg

Huge congrats to Sas and Dante! I'm so sad I missed you guys! Our flyball comp was cancelled because of the rain! What a waste! We spent over 8 hours in the car there and back for nothing. I should've entered obedience instead!

Edited by TerraNik

We did it! We got our first UD leg today at our 5th trial in the pouring rain! She dropped in the box on the first sendaway so we lost 6 points there but only lost 1 or 2 points in most other exercises due to sloppiness (poor presents, slow finishes etc etc) but overall I'm happy with her work and know what I need to improve on!! She ended up with 181 and 2nd place, and the video is currently uploading! :love: :p