Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know I have to be positive but I don't wish to fail with an audience :laugh:

Awwww, will you at least video it so that WHEN you pass you can show us all!? :)

LOL Ok, My instructor and friends are trying to figure out where my trials are, they better not turn up! :mad:laugh:

Hey K9 pro, while your around, I was looking at your training in drive courses and was thinking that maybe you tell me if it would help with him, on my YouTube channel are vids of him at trials, you can see the difference in attitude/speed.

K9: Hi and sorry I missed this, took a quick look at your videos and can def see problems there, I would need to talk with you on how you do train so I can identify what adifferences my program has to what your doing.

Ideally my Training in drive package builds the motivational engine and handling system that can and will complement sport and working dogs, the real focus is on drive and deploying it over or through distractions which may also be driven by uncertainty or nerves.

Things that previously plague your working routine like your dog being distracted by people, environments, noise or other dogs often dissolve, there are a few people here running this program and doing really well (I am proud to say!)

If you just want to shoot me an email, [email protected] we can chat and see what we can do...

I'm so proud of Mack! I've done maybe 3 or 4 sessions with a phonebook just getting him to put his front feet on it consistently by shaping (a small amount of luring to start with but pure shaping after that). So he's been gradually getting the idea of offering behaviours, so I thought I'd see what he did if I got a cardboard box out today. He sniffed at it once or twice, then stuck his head in it. That quickly progressed to him sitting there beside the box tentatively putting 1 foot into the box while looking at me as if to ask "is this what you want". By the end of the session he was walking into the box and standing in it with all 4 feet! :laugh: I think he's pretty much figured out this shaping thing, you can see him thinking "now how do I get her to give me that toy I want"! I can't wait to teach him a sendaway for UD! :(

I'm so proud of Mack! I've done maybe 3 or 4 sessions with a phonebook just getting him to put his front feet on it consistently by shaping (a small amount of luring to start with but pure shaping after that). So he's been gradually getting the idea of offering behaviours, so I thought I'd see what he did if I got a cardboard box out today. He sniffed at it once or twice, then stuck his head in it. That quickly progressed to him sitting there beside the box tentatively putting 1 foot into the box while looking at me as if to ask "is this what you want". By the end of the session he was walking into the box and standing in it with all 4 feet! :laugh: I think he's pretty much figured out this shaping thing, you can see him thinking "now how do I get her to give me that toy I want"! I can't wait to teach him a sendaway for UD! :(

Very exciting stuff! I love light bulb moments!

I'm so proud of Mack! I've done maybe 3 or 4 sessions with a phonebook just getting him to put his front feet on it consistently by shaping (a small amount of luring to start with but pure shaping after that). So he's been gradually getting the idea of offering behaviours, so I thought I'd see what he did if I got a cardboard box out today. He sniffed at it once or twice, then stuck his head in it. That quickly progressed to him sitting there beside the box tentatively putting 1 foot into the box while looking at me as if to ask "is this what you want". By the end of the session he was walking into the box and standing in it with all 4 feet! :laugh: I think he's pretty much figured out this shaping thing, you can see him thinking "now how do I get her to give me that toy I want"! I can't wait to teach him a sendaway for UD! :thumbsup:

*taps foot* Where is the video!? :eek:

I'm so proud of Mack! I've done maybe 3 or 4 sessions with a phonebook just getting him to put his front feet on it consistently by shaping (a small amount of luring to start with but pure shaping after that). So he's been gradually getting the idea of offering behaviours, so I thought I'd see what he did if I got a cardboard box out today. He sniffed at it once or twice, then stuck his head in it. That quickly progressed to him sitting there beside the box tentatively putting 1 foot into the box while looking at me as if to ask "is this what you want". By the end of the session he was walking into the box and standing in it with all 4 feet! :laugh: I think he's pretty much figured out this shaping thing, you can see him thinking "now how do I get her to give me that toy I want"! I can't wait to teach him a sendaway for UD! :laugh:

*taps foot* Where is the video!? :laugh:

It was too dark to take one... I did think about it though! Maybe next session I'll do a quick video! :rofl:

I'm so proud of Mack! I've done maybe 3 or 4 sessions with a phonebook just getting him to put his front feet on it consistently by shaping (a small amount of luring to start with but pure shaping after that). So he's been gradually getting the idea of offering behaviours, so I thought I'd see what he did if I got a cardboard box out today. He sniffed at it once or twice, then stuck his head in it. That quickly progressed to him sitting there beside the box tentatively putting 1 foot into the box while looking at me as if to ask "is this what you want". By the end of the session he was walking into the box and standing in it with all 4 feet! :laugh: I think he's pretty much figured out this shaping thing, you can see him thinking "now how do I get her to give me that toy I want"! I can't wait to teach him a sendaway for UD! :rofl:

*taps foot* Where is the video!? :laugh:

It was too dark to take one... I did think about it though! Maybe next session I'll do a quick video! :)

:laugh:

Ok did some more shaping with a box and also some rear end awareness training with Mack this afternoon and just for you Terranik I took some videos!

playing around with shaping:

Some rear end awareness training:

After this one I flicked the basket up the other way to see what he'd do, he just put his front feet in the basket and stood there watching me! Next time I do some shaping I'll try and get him to offer some other behaviours!

Hi everyone... I am doing some rear end awareness with Ava, and she will turn clockwise on the phonebook like a speed demon :shrug: However, I can't get her to do anti-clockwise for the life of me! Any suggestions?

I think most dogs have that stiff side, I know mine do. I'm training it one step click-treat, then two steps etc. It'll just take longer than the good side.

Seita do you do agility with your dogs? I'm only asking because I'm being nosy :shrug: . Mack is a cutie by the way :D .

nope, just obedience at the moment. I used to do agility with my previous dogs but haven't got time to train it with my current dogs.

Hi everyone... I am doing some rear end awareness with Ava, and she will turn clockwise on the phonebook like a speed demon :shrug: However, I can't get her to do anti-clockwise for the life of me! Any suggestions?

I think most dogs have that stiff side, I know mine do. I'm training it one step click-treat, then two steps etc. It'll just take longer than the good side.

Thanks Tiggy, I can't get her to move even one foot anticlockwise at the moment :rofl: I keep watching to click for the tiniest movement but it never happens or she sits :D I will keep persisting, it's like riding a bike, I know once she gets the tiniest movement she'll be doing it in no time!

Hi everyone... I am doing some rear end awareness with Ava, and she will turn clockwise on the phonebook like a speed demon :laugh: However, I can't get her to do anti-clockwise for the life of me! Any suggestions?

Thanks Tiggy, I can't get her to move even one foot anticlockwise at the moment :rofl: I keep watching to click for the tiniest movement but it never happens or she sits :laugh: I will keep persisting, it's like riding a bike, I know once she gets the tiniest movement she'll be doing it in no time!

My Sophie is the same ;) reminds me I haven't done rear end awareness stuff for a while

I thought i'd pop in to say (well i'm always reading and watching the links of your gorgeous dogs) that i'm starting on our journey of drive training :laugh::laugh::rofl: I'm soooooo excited - I have high hopes for Lottie with obedience, I find it soooo fun/great working with her, but because i'm new to dog ownership etc I just need help understanding how to get the best out of herself and me!!!!!!

Watch this space for videos of us training!!! She's such a great little dog and really puts in so much effort, I just love her to bits!!!!!

Sorry, just had to share (and it's all thanks to Huski and BC4ME - they were so kind to me and really helped me along at training - I really appreciated that both of you!!!!!). With what they explained to me, and the massive difference in Lotties training I had to look into it more.....

Well it's blowing an absolute gale up here in Brissy and I thought that it was a perfect opportunity to practice some scent work (especially seekback) seeing as at our last trial Ella had trouble finding her seekback due to the crazy winds we had that day. She certainly had to work hard to find it but she found it in less than a 90 seconds! Compared to her 5 minutes and then still not finding it at the last attempt in wind like this!

Oh and I think I've finally fixed our scent discrimination problems, she is no longer dropping articles multiple times! She seems a lot more confident and if she gets a whiff of the right one she picks it up and brings it straight back! :confused: Now I just need to introduce other people's scents to the other articles again and we're all set for our next shot at the UD trial rings! :(