Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another thought.... do you break it down in training? Three jumps and a reward, or front cross throw the reward in the direction of travel, start line stay..return and reward? Many clubs tend to put up courses and we all merrily do the course and forget about breaking it down and rewarding the in between bits. Lots of us reward contacts but very often the handling stuff goes by the wayside as we go up in the classes and start trailing. Greg Derrett put it best..."we all turn into crappy trainers when we hit the ring" how true!

Well on Tuesdays we do the sequences up the end, sometimes we do half the numbers first then all the numbers (if you know what I mean). If the dog is having an issue with something we will break it down, my instructor is Sue H and she gives some fantastic advice. Thursday nights I generally work on more individual things, we usually have a little novice course set up and I also put up a jump grid / box and practice on that.

Thankfully they are better behaved now... but that psycho Millie, I dunno, might have to find her a new home soon :o (not really :p)

Hmm maybe Millie and Beans both need to go on the rehome list.

Did anybody hear me screaming like a fishwife last night trying to get Beans to come back from chasing ducks through the pond on the bottom oval at K9 and across the car park........

Poor Bedazzled saw just how good our recalls are NOT :shrug:

I will have Beans :rofl: Mason was mostly good last night but ran off with his friend after she had run up to us 5x ....... at least he comes back when I call him.

Damn you Clean Run. Free shipping on a new book "The Focused Puppy". I might have to buy it, ready for my next puppy :winner: While I'm at it, I spy 2 other things on the free shipping list I might just snatch up :)

Edited by RubyStar

Damn you Clean Run. Free shipping on a new book "The Focused Puppy". I might have to buy it, ready for my next puppy ;) While I'm at it, I spy 2 other things on the free shipping list I might just snatch up :o

You just had to do that didn't you RS (and you're no better, Amypie :D ) - you knew we would go there :)

(2 slip leads and a Get Wet Duck toy later .......!) :)

ET fic typo, and inlude Amypie in the blame list LOL

Edited by Tassie

Is resisting the temptation to go look neh neh neh RS and Amypie - I got better self control the either of you :D :) .

ETA. And as for you Tassie - shame on you letting them suck you into buying more ;) :o:)

Edited by ness

Is resisting the temptation to go look neh neh neh RS and Amypie - I got better self control the either of you :confused::laugh: .

I read RS's post and just automatically went there. :o I have it bad obviously....but since I have already splurged on umbrella bags and someone tells me I need an ORBEE BALL now :) that's enough for this week! :o :D

You just had to do that didn't you RS (and you're no better, Amypie :rofl: ) - you knew we would go there :rofl:

(2 slip leads and a Get Wet Duck toy later .......!) :D

ET fic typo, and inlude Amypie in the blame list LOL

:laugh: But hey, I'm sure you needed those things ;)

I didn't buy yet, trying to scam money for my birthday instead so I can go and buy guilt free :D

I read RS's post and just automatically went there. :eek: I have it bad obviously....but since I have already splurged on umbrella bags and someone tells me I need an ORBEE BALL now :mad that's enough for this week! :laugh::rofl:

Good girl! :p

Edited by RubyStar

RosieFT got one of the ball on the rope things the other day if you mean this one

Here is the lead: LINK

Yep that's the ball, thought I might try it instead of the i-squeak as Millie's reward for training 2x2. But I'm not that confident it will work, because it doesn't squeak :rofl: It would just make throwing the toy easier as I find I've had a few misthrows of the ball with Ruby's weave training, like a few oops throws where I throw it just as she pops out of the very last weave :laugh::rofl:

I've been VERY strong on the lead front. Think I will just keep using the slip leads I bought for retrieving for agility. They do the job :eek:

Edited by RubyStar

I've been VERY strong on the lead front. Think I will just keep using the slip leads I bought for retrieving for agility. They do the job :laugh:

Glad someone has :eek:

I bought two and a collar as well :laugh:

I ave the fuzzy ear ball, my dogs aren't all that crazy about it actually :rofl: in Trixie's case, Raccoon tail trumps all :rofl:

Stop it you guys some of us recently changed jobs and have to wait 3 weeks for the next pay!! :rofl: I am going to do some training out at parks this weekedna dn may even print out the rally signs (woah!)plus it will be the first time in ages that I can train in daylight.