Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both my kids were healthy enough to go to training for the first time in ages last night! Lincoln is starting to learn how to heel by getting rewarded for 1 or 2 steps at attention :laugh::cry: . And Toby did a little bit of distance work over jumps with lots of motivation and speed!

My club is cancelling obedience classes due to lack of interest and instructors :cry: . The agility has a big turnout but the obedience class was only 5 or less people. I can still go and obedience train on my own though but it's nice to train with other people sometimes.

We could try meet up and train together Tiggy as I am not going to take Mason to class every sunday anymore, an hour is just way too full on for him, and you and I dont live that far apart.

Ah shit Jules well I am screwed then. Thanks for the heads up on that.

You'd be stuffed under pretty much any Qld judge then! I haven't trialled under a single one yet that won't ping you for looking at your dog!

Cider's duration session from this arvo. HMM its still a work in progress. I forgave the jumping up as she missed out on a run yesterday and outside circles need some work

Aww look at her go!

Nawww look at her go!! You know what I love about hers (and the other red kids) heeling? The way their head is stretched so far up to look at you, that it's a flat line from their chin right down to their feet :laugh: Very nice!!! :cry:

Yep me too, perhaps Tollers have extra bendy necks? :laugh:

Anyone got trials coming up?

No agility trial this weekend - actually feeling quite relieved! Think both the dog and I need a little break! He can have the weekend off and hopefully have renewed enthusiasm for the double header on the 11th.

We had Linda Bennett down here to judge Seita and she didn't ping me for what I was doing.

Fair enough, I haven't trialled under Linda before, she's a really lovely lady though. I've been pinged by a few judges up here for looking at my dog back in CCD and CD... I got out of the habit quick smart after that! I do know a few judges who probably will overlook someone looking at their dog if it's working really well but I think most judges up here are of the same opinion about watching your dog.

It always intrigues me when there are such big differences between judging styles across the different states. I like trialling under interstate judges just for something different... you never know what they are going to do cos you have no idea about their judging styles! I'm trialling under NSW judges tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it! :cry:

My club is cancelling obedience classes due to lack of interest and instructors :cry: . The agility has a big turnout but the obedience class was only 5 or less people. I can still go and obedience train on my own though but it's nice to train with other people sometimes.

You're joining Midland though, right? Is this Eden Hill you're talking about cancelling obedience classes?

Both my kids were healthy enough to go to training for the first time in ages last night! Lincoln is starting to learn how to heel by getting rewarded for 1 or 2 steps at attention :wave::cry: . And Toby did a little bit of distance work over jumps with lots of motivation and speed!

:laugh::laugh:

We had Linda Bennett down here to judge Seita and she didn't ping me for what I was doing.

How much are you looking at your dog? I agree with the judges, you shouldn't be looking at your dog while heeling, it's an extra cue. I've seen some give a dog a glare when they don't sit or something, double signal right there :cry:

Edit: If I feel I've lost my dog big time on a turn or figure 8, I will look for her, but I've already lost points for that so my care factor is :laugh: I'd rather know if she's run out of the ring instead of keep walking :laugh:

Edited by RubyStar

My club is cancelling obedience classes due to lack of interest and instructors :rofl: . The agility has a big turnout but the obedience class was only 5 or less people. I can still go and obedience train on my own though but it's nice to train with other people sometimes.

We could try meet up and train together Tiggy as I am not going to take Mason to class every sunday anymore, an hour is just way too full on for him, and you and I dont live that far apart.

Sounds good. Have any ideas for a venue?

You're joining Midland though, right? Is this Eden Hill you're talking about cancelling obedience classes?

Yes Eden Hill is cancelling the obedience although they might be having Rally-O. I do want to join Midland again but I really want to be in their trialing class so will need to do some more work first.

Both my kids were healthy enough to go to training for the first time in ages last night! Lincoln is starting to learn how to heel by getting rewarded for 1 or 2 steps at attention :):mad . And Toby did a little bit of distance work over jumps with lots of motivation and speed!

:mad:mad

I was going to come but it's been so cold :rofl: . Did they tell you about cancelling the obedience classes?

Cider looked lovely Ptolomy :mad

Thank you. :mad

So where do we head from here - hmm probably another week or two of duration and try and build up the time a bit more and then i will reintroduce positions. Her stand can be a bit hit and miss and I have found if I leave her on a recall and go back and reward her for waiting she tends to not want to move at all (red dog mentality is .....do you really really realy want me to come cos last time I sat here I got a big fat treat :mad ).

It will be interesting to see if when Strauss comes if Ciders training falls in a BIG hole :)

Tiggy I am not sure, maybe we could find somewhere halfway between you and me, any ideas? I train Mason at the park over the road from me mostly, I only work 3 mornings a week at the moment so I am sure we could fit it in, I will be going to agility from next week on a wednesday night if we pass the assessment.

Ptolomy I am having a 'special lesson' tomorrow lol :)

Edited by Mas1981

Ptolomy I am having a 'special lesson' tomorrow lol :eek:

Make the most of it as your special lesson person is going O/S shortly :mad

Yip he told me...thats why he wanted to get together before he leaves.

Tiggy I am not sure, maybe we could find somewhere halfway between you and me, any ideas? I train Mason at the park over the road from me mostly, I only work 3 mornings a week at the moment so I am sure we could fit it in, I will be going to agility from next week on a wednesday night if we pass the assessment.

Ptolomy I am having a 'special lesson' tomorrow lol :rofl:

Half way between Tiggys and MM... my house? :eek::laugh:

We could do somewhere in Midland though (yes I am including myself)

Tiggy they did do an annoucment at class which was particularly effective as only 3 people turned up for obidience. I think a little Eastern Surburbs club between me, you and MM is probably the way to go! :mad