Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

My title certificate was $18 + $2 postage, I opted not to laminate it (I can do it at work for less than $3 :laugh: )

Ewww rain, I hope the weather is better tonight.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My title certificate was $18 + $2 postage, I opted not to laminate it (I can do it at work for less than $3 :laugh: )

Ewww rain, I hope the weather is better tonight.

I am glad I went for laminate. For one, less hassle, I don't have access to a laminating machine. And secondly, it was a tad wet in my letterbox so the laminate ensured the certificate stayed nice :shrug:

And yes, I hope the rain goes away tonight! I have borrowed a dogwalk from an awesome lady and want to give it a whirl tonight!

:happydance2: hmmm I think this takes the cake - I went and did a DWD trial in NSW in December. Kenz managed 3 passes but they had the wrong registration number so I had to post them back for replacement. They posted out a new lot in March or April but they never arrived. We are now end of May and I still haven't seen them :dancingelephant: .

OK, I emailed DogsWest for clarification. Here is the response:

You do need to submit a request for an updated Certificate of Registration if you would like it to display the dogs current titles.

The system currently reads

[registered name C.D.]

The CCD title has been superceded by the CD title, so although both titles are still on the system, only the CD title prints.

I hope this clarifies things a little for you.

So even though my question about it not being shown on the certificate title wasn't really answered, at least this clarified it has been updated on the system and the other thing it clarified, was Seita's statement a while back about CCD still being on the dog's registered name. At least in WA's case, the CCD is superceded by the CD like one would think :dancingelephant:

You return them in Vic too. Costs about $12. And they send a certificate to the breeder as well.
Ok I lied. It is $15. But you do get your certificate, pedigree changed and a certificate gets sent to the breeder.

WOW that's cheap!!! It's $21 here in QLD and if you want a breeders certificate it's an extra $10! If it's a champion title then the cost is $31 but includes a breeders certificate!

OK, I emailed DogsWest for clarification. Here is the response:
You do need to submit a request for an updated Certificate of Registration if you would like it to display the dogs current titles.

The system currently reads

[registered name C.D.]

The CCD title has been superceded by the CD title, so although both titles are still on the system, only the CD title prints.

I hope this clarifies things a little for you.

So even though my question about it not being shown on the certificate title wasn't really answered, at least this clarified it has been updated on the system and the other thing it clarified, was Seita's statement a while back about CCD still being on the dog's registered name. At least in WA's case, the CCD is superceded by the CD like one would think ;)

That's weird! Maybe different states do things differently. I just got Ella's champion title certificate today and it clearly says the dog "Bojak Crystal Bliss CCD CDX" has been awarded the title of... etc and her pedigree now says Ch Bojak Crystal Bliss CCD CDX. I wonder how many other states are the same as QLD or WA? What I said about the CCD title staying is definitely correct for QLD but I would have thought that stuff would be the same everywhere!

I've been reading through the thread over the past couple of days in the hope to get inspired from my training slump. I've recently lost motivation for training my young dog in just about everything!! It's worked a bit, as I introduced scent discrim work to Polo last night after reading about it early in this thread ;) He was his usual enthusiastic self and loves to carry metal, so he was fetching up the metal article no worries. It was pretty much luck when there were two out to whether he brought back the correct one, which I suspected. He's a retrieving fool, which I think makes this exercise a little harder at the start! But, we'll keep playing and hopefully get there!! I'm slowly introducing UD work to him, having started with the box at training too and now that I've finally got the Open COP's going, I'm reducing the verbals on those too.

Now if I could just get some motivation to train him in agility, which is a sport I love and put a lot of work into my Vizslas early on, but have never had the same desire with Polo. It might be because he's less physically suited for the sport, but boy does he make up for that in enthusiasm ;) Then there's retrieving which is overwhelming me a little bit at the moment with the thought that we have to go and play with the bog boys now in All Age!!! Soooo much work to do before either of us are ready for that. I know he's capable, not so sure about me :rofl:

That's weird! Maybe different states do things differently. I just got Ella's champion title certificate today and it clearly says the dog "Bojak Crystal Bliss CCD CDX" has been awarded the title of... etc and her pedigree now says Ch Bojak Crystal Bliss CCD CDX. I wonder how many other states are the same as QLD or WA? What I said about the CCD title staying is definitely correct for QLD but I would have thought that stuff would be the same everywhere!

ACT drops CCD too. Interestingly they don't drop the lower retrieving titles, which I've been told is for the same reason that QLD keeps the CCD title. You don't have to have applied for the previous title to gain the higher one. So even though Polo gained his CCD title, his pedigree only reads Topnotch Lord CDX NRD RRD.

I've been reading through the thread over the past couple of days in the hope to get inspired from my training slump. I've recently lost motivation for training my young dog in just about everything!! It's worked a bit, as I introduced scent discrim

As much as I hate needles, sometimes I think we could all do with an injection of motivation ;)

Let us know if we can help ;)

Hey FHRP, I have really lost motivation too this year and especially with the current pup. What I am really enjoying is going for walks, off lead walks by the river, taking the dogs to cafes. I am still going to obedience and herding but am really enjoying not being super serious. I read here and feel a bit guilty sometimes. Yesterday I had a crap training session because I really didn't want to be doing it. I don't care if my 5 month old pup doesn't heel! She loose lead walks beautifully but she doesn't have to look like she can pass CCD right now.

Relax and enjoy your dogs!

ACT drops CCD too. Interestingly they don't drop the lower retrieving titles, which I've been told is for the same reason that QLD keeps the CCD title. You don't have to have applied for the previous title to gain the higher one. So even though Polo gained his CCD title, his pedigree only reads Topnotch Lord CDX NRD RRD.

So the NRD doesn't get dropped in the ACT? What about other states?

So the NRD doesn't get dropped in the ACT? What about other states?

If you've applied for it previously, then nope it stays. I'm pretty sure NSW doesn't drop it either. I don't know how it works with the new QND title, but suspect it's the same, as it's not a title you have to apply for to progress.

Hey FHRP, I have really lost motivation too this year and especially with the current pup. What I am really enjoying is going for walks, off lead walks by the river, taking the dogs to cafes. I am still going to obedience and herding but am really enjoying not being super serious. I read here and feel a bit guilty sometimes. Yesterday I had a crap training session because I really didn't want to be doing it. I don't care if my 5 month old pup doesn't heel! She loose lead walks beautifully but she doesn't have to look like she can pass CCD right now.

Relax and enjoy your dogs!

Thanks JulesP :rofl: I must admit, with all the training and competitions I do with my boys, my greatest joy is a lovely big walk in the forest/bush/beach and seeing the boys enjoying themselves. Obviously I do enjoy training and competing too ;) I guess I feel a bit guilty at times that my young boys potential is being 'wasted', but then I remind myself that he doesn't know that! He has a great life and doesn't care about titles are competitions. Although he does enjoy working, which is nice ;)

My favourite thing is walking my dogs to. Love to do long walks along the river etc. I've lost motivation for obedience at the moment and I'm not sure if I'll pick it up again but have just started agility with Banjo and we're loving it but still it's just a fun hobby I do with my dog, can't beat them long walks :stupid: .

I try to give Ziggy free runs in the forrest every day (45 min to an hour) unless we're trialling. I enjoy the exercise (and it's good for my back) but it seems to help him learn better if he gets a chance to really stretch out - he goes completely nuts :stupid: in terms of zoomies and sprinting - and sniff and pee as much as wants to. His enthusiasm to train seems to increase exponentially when he's doing a lot of exercise.....perhaps it's the combined benefits of fitness and relaxation???