Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Thanks bedazzledx2! Yes I too see it as a pointless exercise updating the certificate of registration when you are continually striving for another title! That's why I haven't, I am aiming higher :thumbsup: I can see where it might be important say if you are breeding, and you want the titles up to date so puppy buyers can see it. But for my sterilized dog where noone is going to see her rego but me, waste of money!! Thank goodness applying for the title is enough for it to be valid!! :laugh:

ETA: So any litters that Brooklyn has sired, wouldn't have their sire listed on the pups pedigree with all the fancy titles he now has? :eek:

Edited by RubyStar

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you will find when you apply for the next one, all the previous titles will be on the title certificate.

Reading your reply a bit more carefully this time! Quoting your last sentence, this is how I got confused and prompted my original post - I thought that, too. However, Ruby's doesn't have any of her titles on her CD title certificate. I would have thought the bare minimum would have said CCD, if not CD. But it's just her bare registered name on the certificate! :thumbsup:

Edited by RubyStar

OK dummy question time! Hope someone can help!

I sent off for Ruby's CD Title Application on Monday, and received her certificate in the mail today (awesome speedy service by Dogswest I have to say! :thumbsup:) I didn't opt to have her updated certificate of registration sent to me (as it means sending in her original and extra costs), as my understanding was formerly applying for the title means she officially has the title now. But now something in me is telling me that to officially have the title, I need to get her certificate of registration updated and swapped over. Do I or don't I? Reason I am now thinking I haven't done it properly is because her title certificate doesn't have CCD written next to it, from when I last sent off for her CCD (nor CD from this time). I thought updating the registration paper was just for show and your own records, but on their records it has changed. Is this not the case? Hope someone can explain it to me! :laugh:

How interesting! In QLD you have to return the rego papers and they get updated automatically. You don't pay more or less for that it's just what happens. If you forget the rego papers they don't process your application until they get them. I am also impressed at how quickly you got your title certificate back! I sent my Aust Champion title application off for Ella on Monday last week and still haven't recieved the papers or the title certificate back... the cheque has been banked though so I know they got it!

Yes but WA charges less the some of the other states :thumbsup: . SA is the same we have no choice in the matter. You are suppose to return your pedigree and they will update it. Although the numpty that I am didn't realize as with an associate dog they provide a new one without you returning the old one. When I applied for Kenz's title I included a photocopy as I would have done with Ness only to receive no updated one in return. Then I rang and they said oh your suppose to include the original :laugh: .

Oh yes as his titles are part of his registered name so they go on the puppy's papers.

Thanks bedazzledx2! Yes I too see it as a pointless exercise updating the certificate of registration when you are continually striving for another title! That's why I haven't, I am aiming higher :laugh: I can see where it might be important say if you are breeding, and you want the titles up to date so puppy buyers can see it. But for my sterilized dog where noone is going to see her rego but me, waste of money!! Thank goodness applying for the title is enough for it to be valid!! :shrug:

ETA: So any litters that Brooklyn has sired, wouldn't have their sire listed on the pups pedigree with all the fancy titles he now has? :(

Does it say something like "the dog Ruby CCD number is awarded the title of Companion Dog"? Haven't got mine to hand but usually the last title gained is attatched to the dogs name.

you will find when you apply for the next one, all the previous titles will be on the title certificate.

Reading your reply a bit more carefully this time! Quoting your last sentence, this is how I got confused and prompted my original post - I thought that, too. However, Ruby's doesn't have any of her titles on her CD title certificate. I would have thought the bare minimum would have said CCD, if not CD. But it's just her bare registered name on the certificate! :laugh:

Wow! Thats good. I think we pay around $20 for a breeders certificate on top of our title certificates! You have to send a copy of your registration papers but they don't get updated.

You return them in Vic too. Costs about $12. And they send a certificate to the breeder as well.

Wow! Thats good. I think we pay around $20 for a breeders certificate on top of our title certificates! You have to send a copy of your registration papers but they don't get updated.
You return them in Vic too. Costs about $12. And they send a certificate to the breeder as well.

Oh, so if you have to pay $20 for the new cert of registration, I guess that makes the costs about the same - except that we don't have any option :laugh:.

And JulesP - we get the Breeders Certificate too - but the office sends it back to us with the title, then we have to send it to the breeder.

RS - most of the States (maybe all) now work on a shared database (NSW origin I think), so the sire/dam information should be what's on the database currently.

Does it say something like "the dog Ruby CCD number is awarded the title of Companion Dog"? Haven't got mine to hand but usually the last title gained is attatched to the dogs name.

Nope. It has her registered name up the top (minus any titles), along with her sire and dam's name, breeder's name and owner's name, much like her registration does. Then underneath it says this dog is awarded the title of Companion Dog. I don't have it to hand right now, but nowhere can I remember it having a title appended to her registered name. Her CCD certificate was the same.

Ok I lied. It is $15. But you do get your certificate, pedigree changed and a certificate gets sent to the breeder.

Is that the entire price to get your next title?

I paid $18 for the title certificate (+ $3 to have it laminated :shrug:) but then it's another $22.40 to get the registration updated :( At least I think I'm looking at the fees list correctly :laugh:

Bedazzled and I trained in the rain last night and guess what.........

WE ALL GOT WET :(:laugh:

I couldn't have been happier last night that Wed is my night off :shrug: I was going to do some things in the backyard but thought nah, stuff it :D