• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got this book today. It's huge! Can't wait to start reading it. :laugh:

http://www.agilityrightfromthestart.com/

Is this from CleanRun? I saw that and was hoping it would have free shipping, wanted to order it too! Do you mind me asking how much it cost you including shipping, and where from? :laugh:

I got mine from Air Dogs but it seems to be missing off their website now so maybe they sold out. It was about $45 with postage.

Great minds think alike. :laugh: I am thinking or re-training Toby using the method and training Lincoln using it, we can work through it togther on Thursdays.

You guys should share your book and loan a copy to me and Amy :laugh:

I would also like to see it :laugh:

Valley I like the idea of a training club

Really pleased with Daisy tonight :laugh:

Took her for a walk after work and we got down to the local sports oval and it was packed full of about 100 kids and adults - the kids were playing hockey. So we had an impromptu training session and she was on fire :laugh: there were SO many distractions, almost a dozen different groups of kids playing hockey, people and kids running around every where, a sausage sizzle etc etc. A few kids ran up to talk to us and they were patting Daisy and trying to hug her etc and she was completely ignoring them and just kept sitting in heel position trying to listen to me. The kids had a bit of food and were trying to give her commands and she completely ignored them then as well! But she was also more than willing to show off when I asked her to work and some of the parents asked if I was a professional trainer :laugh:

She was such a good girl and did EXCELLENT work, I even got a couple of the kids standing in as figure eight posts and also threw the treat bag on the floor and she was heeling around it like it wasn't even there.

Edited by huski

Really pleased with Daisy tonight :laugh:

Took her for a walk after work and we got down to the local sports oval and it was packed full of about 100 kids and adults - the kids were playing hockey. So we had an impromptu training session and she was on fire :laugh: there were SO many distractions, almost a dozen different groups of kids playing hockey, people and kids running around every where, a sausage sizzle etc etc. A few kids ran up to talk to us and they were patting Daisy and trying to hug her etc and she was completely ignoring them and just kept sitting in heel position trying to listen to me. The kids had a bit of food and were trying to give her commands and she completely ignored them then as well! But she was also more than willing to show off when I asked her to work and some of the parents asked if I was a professional trainer :laugh:

She was such a good girl and did EXCELLENT work, I even got a couple of the kids standing in as figure eight posts and also threw the treat bag on the floor and she was heeling around it like it wasn't even there.

Way to go Daisy :laugh: I will cry with happiness when Mason can perform like that amid loads of distractions!!

From the blue book....page 5 "Only the Highest Obedience Title awarded to the dog will be used after the name of the dog." So you lose any and all of the preceding titles including UD after attaining O Ch. Thank goodness!!! Its bad enough with all the agility titles let alone superseded obedience titles!

You get to keep the CCD, just not the CD once you have CDX... something to do with the fact that CCD is an optional class and it's a prerequisite for another class the way Novice and Open are. So if you've got CCD and you get to OC, the dog ends up being OC I'm a star CCD UD plus whatever else you've titled it in!

Really?? I haven't seen anyone do this though :thumbsup: Not sure many people who have a UD or OC title would want CCD displayed there though for some reason :thanks:

Yep, I don't like that it's still there and I know it'll look weird when I add the UD or OC to my dog's name but on her pedigree the CCD is still there despite her now having a CDX as well. I presume it'll stay there now. You can obviously choose not to write it on websites etc but it'll still be there on the official pedigree.

Really pleased with Daisy tonight :thumbsup:

Took her for a walk after work and we got down to the local sports oval and it was packed full of about 100 kids and adults - the kids were playing hockey. So we had an impromptu training session and she was on fire :thanks: there were SO many distractions, almost a dozen different groups of kids playing hockey, people and kids running around every where, a sausage sizzle etc etc. A few kids ran up to talk to us and they were patting Daisy and trying to hug her etc and she was completely ignoring them and just kept sitting in heel position trying to listen to me. The kids had a bit of food and were trying to give her commands and she completely ignored them then as well! But she was also more than willing to show off when I asked her to work and some of the parents asked if I was a professional trainer :(

Way to go Daisy!!!!

From the blue book....page 5 "Only the Highest Obedience Title awarded to the dog will be used after the name of the dog." So you lose any and all of the preceding titles including UD after attaining O Ch. Thank goodness!!! Its bad enough with all the agility titles let alone superseded obedience titles!
You get to keep the CCD, just not the CD once you have CDX... something to do with the fact that CCD is an optional class and it's a prerequisite for another class the way Novice and Open are. So if you've got CCD and you get to OC, the dog ends up being OC I'm a star CCD UD plus whatever else you've titled it in!

Really?? I haven't seen anyone do this though :eek: Not sure many people who have a UD or OC title would want CCD displayed there though for some reason :D

Yep, I don't like that it's still there and I know it'll look weird when I add the UD or OC to my dog's name but on her pedigree the CCD is still there despite her now having a CDX as well. I presume it'll stay there now. You can obviously choose not to write it on websites etc but it'll still be there on the official pedigree.

They don't count CCD in that equation cos it's an option class. I just double checked Ella's papers and she definitely still has the CCD on there plus the CDX and I've just been doing the catalogues for my clubs upcoming trial and there are a few people with dogs that have CCD UD after their names. I'm pretty certain that they decided that CCD didn't count the way other other titles do due to it being an optional class and not a prerequisite like the rest of the classes. Happy to be proved wrong but it's still on Ella's pedigree with her CDX so I think it's there to stay!

This morning's training session was excellent :thumbsup:

We went to the farmers markets at New Farm park and it was PACKED - people squeezed in together every where, food stalls every where, people and kids eating, lots of other dogs etc. Daisy was a very good girl, I'd get her into heel position while I was standing outside the market stalls and she was giving me 100% focus. We sat on the grass to eat some brekky and then I did a training session, Daisy worked like a pro for a bit of bread roll :thanks: There were people every where and dogs running around and she was such a good girl especially after our big training session last night :eek:

What about UDX when you have your OC? I'm guessing the UDX is there to stay as that one too is optional.

If what Seita says about CCD is true, perhaps I will skip CCD with Millie and go straight to Novice. I don't like that it could be there to stay! Seems a bit silly.

Edit: Your quote from the blue book says about highest titles AFTER the name, so wouldn't that mean you keep UD (or UDX) as well as the OC? :eek:

Edited by RubyStar

LOL MM, I think you'd be disappointed with my average training skills :eek:

I've noticed something lately when I've been training Daisy. If we go somewhere with loads of distractions, where she gets hyped up/aroused/excited by all the noises/smells/things going on, I generally get way better work out of her than if I go somewhere quiet with minimum distractions. I don't know if it's because the higher level of distraction helps rev her up and gives me all that energy/excitement to harness or what. Does anyone experience anything similar??

I've noticed something lately when I've been training Daisy. If we go somewhere with loads of distractions, where she gets hyped up/aroused/excited by all the noises/smells/things going on, I generally get way better work out of her than if I go somewhere quiet with minimum distractions. I don't know if it's because the higher level of distraction helps rev her up and gives me all that energy/excitement to harness or what. Does anyone experience anything similar??

Certainly do!

It is your reward history. High distraction = lots of rewards. :eek:

I'd say yes too, at home Kyzer is pretty slack but at training he is a lot more revved up. As Caffy says I'd say it's reward history, he gets heaps more treats at training!

Certainly do!

It is your reward history. High distraction = lots of rewards. :eek:

Ah thanks Caffy!

I was also wondering if it could have anything to do with being in a high level of distraction being highly arousing (especially for a beagle who loves to scent) and therefore she enjoys having an outlet to express that energy? I also notice she gives me really nice drivey heel work if I let her have a quick play with another dog and then call her back to me when she's still hyped up.

What about UDX when you have your OC? I'm guessing the UDX is there to stay as that one too is optional.

If what Seita says about CCD is true, perhaps I will skip CCD with Millie and go straight to Novice. I don't like that it could be there to stay! Seems a bit silly.

Edit: Your quote from the blue book says about highest titles AFTER the name, so wouldn't that mean you keep UD (or UDX) as well as the OC? :cry:

Yes UDX stays there cos you don't need to have UD or OC to compete in it. And I believe that UD stays after the name once you get OC but this one I'm not 100% sure on.

I know that I won't be doing CCD with my next dog but only because I can't see the point of doing the class for an experienced trialler, I did it with Ella cos I'd been out of the trial ring for about 5 years and I hadn't trained a young dog in like 8 years so I was out of practice. I really don't give a stuff what the pedigree name says and really who cares if it says CCD next to UD?? :eek: It just says that you did CCD at the start instead of skipping straight to CD. :mad

Unfortunately at the moment you do. I would hope (but not holding my breath) that the next rule change will see UDX being made available for all to compete in but right now you can't until you have UD (not O Ch though)

Edit: Your quote from the blue book says about highest titles AFTER the name, so wouldn't that mean you keep UD (or UDX) as well as the OC? :cry:

Yes UDX stays there cos you don't need to have UD or OC to compete in it. And I believe that UD stays after the name once you get OC but this one I'm not 100% sure on.

I know that I won't be doing CCD with my next dog but only because I can't see the point of doing the class for an experienced trialler, I did it with Ella cos I'd been out of the trial ring for about 5 years and I hadn't trained a young dog in like 8 years so I was out of practice. I really don't give a stuff what the pedigree name says and really who cares if it says CCD next to UD?? :eek: It just says that you did CCD at the start instead of skipping straight to CD. :mad

You don't have to send in your paperwork for our CCD if you don't want to :thumbsup: I nearly didn't for my HT but then thought bugger it I want the certificate.

Have an interesting problem with my pup. She is super submissive about food. No idea why. No human has given her a hard time about it but ask her to wait for her dinner and she is on her back squirming. This is also translating into her wait/stays. If I am not super careful she is on her back. I am just trying to be super cheerful and tell her how good she is and not asking for too long. She isn't super submissive in other areas so it is weird. I normally do TOT but haven't with her as I don't like the distress. Any ideas?