Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Semeru Bellis CDX has a nice ring to it, you'll get there :eek:

I'm looking forward to when Millie gets her first title, so her Associate registered named doesn't look so lonely ;) Milliemoo CCD will be a good start! (yes, I really did register her as Milliemoo! The other option I was tossing up was Justmillie :cry:)

Speaking of dumbell and surprises, I was doing retrieve over the solid jump with Ruby last week and Millie looked keen. So I gave her a go and blow me down, she did it :p She must have learnt that by watching Ruby :angel: Though when I tell Millie "box", she just stares blankly at me... don't think she's been watching Ruby do that one too closely :(

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<snip> Semeru Bellis CCD CD CDX one day!

;) I can't believe that's Daisy's name, it sounds far too ladylike :cry:

Anyway, don't you mean Ob Ch Semeru Bellis :p :eek::angel:

Was this Southern River training on Thursdays? When Lincoln is a little older and I am doig proper training with him I might just look into this because then I can get agility tips from amypie and obidence tips from RS.

Jeepers, I'm a newb too! :eek: Don't expect any expert tips from me! :p

I always forget the proper way of writing it is to only have the highest/most recent title...... I think it looks better with all the titles after the name though :rofl:

Speaking of dumbell and surprises, I was doing retrieve over the solid jump with Ruby last week and Millie looked keen. So I gave her a go and blow me down, she did it :p She must have learnt that by watching Ruby ;) Though when I tell Millie "box", she just stares blankly at me... don't think she's been watching Ruby do that one too closely :o

I tried throwing Daisy's dumbell over a jump for the first time a few weeks ago and I was shocked she actually retrieved it quite nicely!! It was a solid jump though it was a little agility one with just the bar.... but still, I was pretty chuffed!

<snip> Semeru Bellis CCD CD CDX one day!

:( I can't believe that's Daisy's name, it sounds far too ladylike :o

I wanted it to be Semeru Buttercup (it was the B litter) but the breeder thought it was too naff (I love naff!) so she recommended Semeru Bellis, Bellis is Daisy in Latin :)

Anyway, don't you mean Ob Ch Semeru Bellis :(:angel::(

PMSL in my dreams LOL :cry:

Was this Southern River training on Thursdays? When Lincoln is a little older and I am doig proper training with him I might just look into this because then I can get agility tips from amypie and obidence tips from RS.

Jeepers, I'm a newb too! :p Don't expect any expert tips from me! ;)

Yes but you can give me and Toby excellent tips once we get there. :eek:

I wanted it to be Semeru Buttercup (it was the B litter) but the breeder thought it was too naff (I love naff!) so she recommended Semeru Bellis, Bellis is Daisy in Latin :(

Awww that's awesome!

I liked buttercup too :(

Anyway, don't you mean Ob Ch Semeru Bellis :angel::eek::cry:

PMSL in my dreams LOL :p

Aim high Huski, aim high! ;)

There's nothing 'excellent' about my handling :angel:

There's nothing 'excellent' about my handling :angel:

Yes but you and Kyzer will have run a heap if excellent courses by the time me and Toby are there. :cry:

valleyCBR leave me all alone at Eden Hill then you big meanie :p ;) . The dogs eyes are much better today :eek: so hopefully we can come to training next week.

I always forget the proper way of writing it is to only have the highest/most recent title...... I think it looks better with all the titles after the name though ;)

You get to keep the CCD, just not the CD once you have CDX... something to do with the fact that CCD is an optional class and it's a prerequisite for another class the way Novice and Open are. So if you've got CCD and you get to OC, the dog ends up being OC I'm a star CCD UD plus whatever else you've titled it in!

And Huski, it looks like I'll be debuting in UD at the same trials as you debut in CCD at this stage! :p

LOL Nic we can sit and be nervous wrecks together! Although you are usually pretty cool calm and collected :eek:

Thanks for explaining the titles, way too confusing for a noob like me LOL!

You get to keep the CCD, just not the CD once you have CDX... something to do with the fact that CCD is an optional class and it's a prerequisite for another class the way Novice and Open are. So if you've got CCD and you get to OC, the dog ends up being OC I'm a star CCD UD plus whatever else you've titled it in!

Really?? I haven't seen anyone do this though :eek: Not sure many people who have a UD or OC title would want CCD displayed there though for some reason :p

I got this book today. It's huge! Can't wait to start reading it. :p

http://www.agilityrightfromthestart.com/

Is this from CleanRun? I saw that and was hoping it would have free shipping, wanted to order it too! Do you mind me asking how much it cost you including shipping, and where from? ;)

I got my copy from air dogs for under $50 including postage! :eek: Its a really huge thick book but I like what I have read so far.

I got this book today. It's huge! Can't wait to start reading it. :eek:

Is this from CleanRun? I saw that and was hoping it would have free shipping, wanted to order it too! Do you mind me asking how much it cost you including shipping, and where from? :p

I got mine from Air Dogs but it seems to be missing off their website now so maybe they sold out. It was about $45 with postage.

Is this from CleanRun? I saw that and was hoping it would have free shipping, wanted to order it too! Do you mind me asking how much it cost you including shipping, and where from? :p

I got mine from Air Dogs but it seems to be missing off their website now so maybe they sold out. It was about $45 with postage.

Great minds think alike. ;) I am thinking or re-training Toby using the method and training Lincoln using it, we can work through it togther on Thursdays.

Great minds think alike. ;) I am thinking or re-training Toby using the method and training Lincoln using it, we can work through it togther on Thursdays.

You guys should share your book and loan a copy to me and Amy :angel:

I got this book today. It's huge! Can't wait to start reading it. :p

Is this from CleanRun? I saw that and was hoping it would have free shipping, wanted to order it too! Do you mind me asking how much it cost you including shipping, and where from? ;)

Great minds think alike. :angel: I am thinking or re-training Toby using the method and training Lincoln using it, we can work through it togther on Thursdays.

You guys should share your book and loan a copy to me and Amy :cry:

:eek:

Maybe we SHOULD have DOL training club.

Really?? I haven't seen anyone do this though :laugh: Not sure many people who have a UD or OC title would want CCD displayed there though for some reason :laugh:

Yep, I don't like that it's still there and I know it'll look weird when I add the UD or OC to my dog's name but on her pedigree the CCD is still there despite her now having a CDX as well. I presume it'll stay there now. You can obviously choose not to write it on websites etc but it'll still be there on the official pedigree.