Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

In the canine news there's a mistake with the Midland obedience trial - AM should read UDX & CCD and PM UDX & NOVICE. Otherewise the AM has two novice classes and no ccd and the PM has two ccd classes and no novice :thumbsup: .

Edited by Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From my understanding, if you get your 3 passes before the closing date, you need to contact the trial secretary and be moved up if you don't wish to scratch your dog, as you can't enter a trial of a class you have your 3 passes in unless the closing date has passed. If closing date has passed and you have your 3 passes, you can run that class and use it as a freebie round :thumbsup:

Thanks RS. Are you doing Midland Obidience Trial? If so I will come and watch because its nice and close to home. :thumbsup:

When is that one Valley, I would also like to watch.

Saturday June 5th, it has an AM and PM trial. :thumbsup:

Thanks I would love to go watch, will see if I can pop over after tracking that day.

From my understanding, if you get your 3 passes before the closing date, you need to contact the trial secretary and be moved up if you don't wish to scratch your dog, as you can't enter a trial of a class you have your 3 passes in unless the closing date has passed. If closing date has passed and you have your 3 passes, you can run that class and use it as a freebie round :thumbsup:

Thanks RS. Are you doing Midland Obidience Trial? If so I will come and watch because its nice and close to home. :thumbsup:

When is that one Valley, I would also like to watch.

Saturday June 5th, it has an AM and PM trial. :laugh:

Thanks I would love to go watch, will see if I can pop over after tracking that day.

It's so close for us Eastern suburbs people! :thumbsup:

It's so close for us Eastern suburbs people! :)

10 minute drive for me :) .

I think its about 15 or 20 for me but I am not exactly where sure where the Midland club train so if someone could post street names that would be awesome :(

19th June DH Agility/Jumping 20th June DH Obidience

What clubs are these? ie. are they going to be at K9? :)

Nope agility is at Lumen Christi and obidience is at Carine.

Are you sure? Our club calender for Northern Suburbs says that the agility is at Northern Suburbs? Let me go double check...

10 minute drive for me :) .

I think its about 15 or 20 for me but I am not exactly where sure where the Midland club train so if someone could post street names that would be awesome :(

Its at Jackmann (?) Oval, opposite Midland brick.

Are you sure? Our club calender for Northern Suburbs says that the agility is at Northern Suburbs? Let me go double check...

I think she's talking about a different weekend MM, the Northern Suburbs agility trial is on the 6th?

10 minute drive for me :rofl: .

I think its about 15 or 20 for me but I am not exactly where sure where the Midland club train so if someone could post street names that would be awesome :)

Its at Jackmann (?) Oval, opposite Midland brick.

Jack Mann Oval :(LINKY TO GOOGLE MAPS

I think she's talking about a different weekend MM, the Northern Suburbs agility trial is on the 6th?

Ahh I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick lol! I will probably be helping in some way at the agility on the 6th if they look for helpers, we dont have class because of the trial so I may just go watch/or help.

June 5 is the midland double obed trial and June 6 is Northern suburbs double agility trial :)

Ness I just had a look at this one and the 7th is a public holiday too and there is an obedience trial at K9, so a DH obed trial Saturday, a DH agility trial Sunday, then another obed trial Monday :rofl:

June 5 is the midland double obed trial and June 6 is Northern suburbs double agility trial :rofl:

Ness I just had a look at this one and the 7th is a public holiday too and there is an obedience trial at K9, so a DH obed trial Saturday, a DH agility trial Sunday, then another obed trial Monday :rofl:

Hmm maybe RS will get to start her agility handling earlier then she thought. :)

Video from tonight's training session, quite a few distractions around, excuse the background music - someone was practicing some DWD :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ZcNZGS72o

Loads of terrible handling errors, Daisy had a sniff and I really need to work on my paces, but this is the first lengthier called heel round we have done in quite some time (weeks and weeks) and I am really pleased with how Daisy is coming along. We only started adding in that style of LAT to our heel work over the weekend so we are still working on getting them 100% but for a dog who even a week ago couldn't do them and had very limited back end awareness I am quite pleased with how she is going with them.

I also did a fair bit of work tonight with no food or treat pouch on me and it did not make a tiny bit of difference :)

Video from tonight's training session, quite a few distractions around, excuse the background music - someone was practicing some DWD :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ZcNZGS72o

Loads of terrible handling errors, Daisy had a sniff and I really need to work on my paces, but this is the first lengthier called heel round we have done in quite some time (weeks and weeks) and I am really pleased with how Daisy is coming along. We only started adding in that style of LAT to our heel work over the weekend so we are still working on getting them 100% but for a dog who even a week ago couldn't do them and had very limited back end awareness I am quite pleased with how she is going with them.

I also did a fair bit of work tonight with no food or treat pouch on me and it did not make a tiny bit of difference :)

Looked good! You might want to think about slightly increasing the speed of your slow pace as Daisy kept thinking you were going to stop!! Very Cute! :-)

Also loved how happy Chook was to see you at the end there! :D

Hahaha LOL Seita yeah Chook gets quite enthusiastic when he thinks he is going to be getting pats and/or food!

Really need to work on my paces :) but I am glad I video'd the round tonight as it is giving me lots to rewatch and note the things I need to work on.