Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

I've thought about getting my girls a cool coat each, but I honestly don't think that will help their motivation to work in the heat. I will possibly scratch the girls in any trials that are too hot for them.

In summer the trials are only at night, then they move the trials to day time when it gets cooler, but in my opinion, it should move to day trials at least a month later than they currently do now, because it's still often quite hot this time of year still! I reckon May should be the beginning of day trials at the minimum!

It was as hot as yesterday, i felt quite bad for the people entered in the club trial because there wasnt much shade on that open space, they put up 2 umbrella's but they didnt do much. I watched the one class ( not sure which one it was) and most of the dogs were dark colours and you could see them battling. Heaps of dogs also broke their stays.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the link, I may just order the girls one and see how they go :laugh:

There I go, spending more $$ on the dogs when my own personal wishlist gets bigger and bigger :D :thumbsup: Mums always put their kids first, I know :thumbsup:

I know what u mean Rubystar, Mason gets the most in this house!!

I think there is a section there that tells you how to measure, I am unsure if I should get one now because what if Mason grows by next summer :thumbsup:

Edited so say, no they only tell u how to measure for a collar??? Would also like to know what size I would need, anyway I must get to work now..... wish I didnt have to but someone needs to pay for Masons accessories :eek:

Edited by Masons_mom

It took me a while to work out where to find more info - If you click on the word Shammy Cool (11) on the left hand side of the homepage it will bring up the measuring information.

My coat is for Lexi so I got a small. Bedazzled got a medium for Brookie and I would get this size for your kids.

Ah you must've read my mind Ptolomy, I was on the Cool Champions site looking at cool coats last night! Price scared me off though, one Kyzer's size was about $70, they are $40 on that site you posted.

I was going to order one for Trixie too but she is 45cms and the XS is 34cm and the S is 53 CM, might leave it for now, she doesn't need one that badly.

Does anyone know how long they take to arrive? Do you already have yours Ptolomy?

It took me a while to work out where to find more info - If you click on the word Shammy Cool (11) on the left hand side of the homepage it will bring up the measuring information.

My coat is for Lexi so I got a small. Bedazzled got a medium for Brookie and I would get this size for your kids.

If Katies girls take a medium i think Mason would be the next size up?

Has anybody seen this before? Any thoughts or comments?

Had a look at this last week and thought it was interesting. Amber (4 month old BC) is at the very start of her training and is tending to walk very wide or sideways in front of me. She isn't after treats but wants to look at me. Thought this method might work well with her so I gave it a go. Got some very nice work. Tried it also with one of my older dogs who also likes to be wider and not straight. He also came in nice and close after a few backwards goes. He was a bit harder to keep in the heel position going backwards, he wanted to heel on the right for some reason. He has been doing agility so is comfortable on both sides.

Dunno why but I am feeling the urge to try different methods with Amber! Maybe because the other 2 dogs are pretty young and I want to do something new.

So ta Ptolomy :thumbsup:

That was really interesting ptolomy- can imagine it working quite well so now i will have to give it a try.

Does anyone in here do doggie dancing with their dogs? I am having my first lesson next week so hopefully i will update in here as we progress. I am having a private lesson to see if the dogs are suitable and i like it and then will go from there!

RubyStar when I was getting my scone :( I overheard a lady saying how beautiful Millie was working :thumbsup: .

:laugh: Are you sure they meant my dog? I wanna know who said that now :rofl: Millie was so hot the poor sod, I really had to keep the treats flowing to keep her motivation up. Very proud of her SFE, though, I keep asking her when she's going to teach her sister Ruby how to do it :(

Due to the heat, there was no way I was going to ask Ruby to do any heelwork, so we just did the Open exercises minus the heelwork. After missing the cue on her first DOR because she got distracted by what could have possibly been remnants of food on the ground, we repeated the exercise and she did a very nice, speedy DOR :laugh:

Saw your dogs in the ring, not sure which dog is which, but the second one you had in the ring worked lovely ;)

It was pretty warm especially for Banjo. Sophie was the second dog, she's the orange one :mad .

Can someone please help me.

Late last year we were doing the 'Slow Dane' Challenge in the Dane thread and it was for the Pivot Heel, we were doing ok when the deadline drew but was not able to get Dante swinging his rear around properly or side stepping back then.

We've had a little break and this was the return:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAxNzc8lgmw

Problem....or is it? When I click he moves out of position....now I guess I'm clicking him for what he just did so maybe it's not a problem?

From watching the video can anyone give me any critque of what I may not be doing right....now keep in mind this is a Dane so we work at a slightly slower pace otherwise they can get confused and then frustrated LOL

I've got no advice Sas as getting Daisy to have better back end awareness is something I am working on at the moment, I just wanted to say that I am envious of Dante's ability to swing his backend in! Daisy is really bad at this! :thumbsup:

I've got no advice Sas as getting Daisy to have better back end awareness is something I am working on at the moment, I just wanted to say that I am envious of Dante's ability to swing his backend in! Daisy is really bad at this! :thumbsup:

I can't even tell you how long it has taken to get this far, I have been very envious of the working dogs out there :laugh: When we started it was as though he didn't realise he had back legs :laugh: