Question About Joining Dogsqueensland

FranVT

That is so helpful! Thanks heaps :laugh:

I daresay I'll just bring Luuka along to Mackay and the Sunshine Coast then see how things are going with me and the ex (we are getting along fine it's just that we're trying to do the 'space' thing atm ;) ) after that.

If I'm thinking of showing Atlas do I need to put his name on the membership form for DQ or do I just put the dogs I specifically own on that form and nominate the dogs I'm showing on show entry forms?

As long as Atlas is registered to DQ- and has a rego number then you can just enter him using a show entry form but the registered owner- will have to sign it for you. You can show Atlas on the day though- any registered member can.

You just need to register the dogs that you want in your name, and same deal- just enter them using an entry form.

You can use this site to do your entry forms and just print them out www.showmanager.com.au Plus it keeps track of entries, results and everything else too! You can use it on a trial basis with 1 dog, or register for 15 dollars for 5 dogs. I love it! :laugh:

OMG - I never even knew about that show manager site. You mean I've been handwriting entries for nothing!?!?!?!?!? @!#$@#

You can use this site to do your entry forms and just print them out www.showmanager.com.au Plus it keeps track of entries, results and everything else too! You can use it on a trial basis with 1 dog, or register for 15 dollars for 5 dogs. I love it! :laugh:

OMG - I never even knew about that show manager site. You mean I've been handwriting entries for nothing!?!?!?!?!? @!#$@#

Oh Conztruct you haven't been handwriting have you?! That takes FOREVER!!! :sleep: Welcome to the world of technology- you'll never look back! :laugh: Another excuse to come and show at Mackay now hey?? :sleep::)

Edited by supremecy

I will be at the Sunshine Coast show, you are welcome to hang out in my gazebo (in exchange for Luuka cuddles of course :laugh:).

Where do people normally stay? Do you guys just camp? CR*P I'm gonna need to get a show suit!

I camp where possible.

And you don't have to get a suit - I wear a pair of black dress pants and a nice top.

Cooool thanks Miss B! I have a relative on the Sunshine Coast that I can probably stay with, she's my aunt, her hubby is an ENT surgeon so they have a big house in the Buderim ruralish area, which is really close to Beerwah if I'm not wrong? I'll flick her an email to check if I can stay there.

Of course you can have Luuka cuddles! I will warn you though, she's not the cuddliest of pups, she has many important things to do don't you know?! She will accept unlimited tummy scratches though :laugh:

Guys what's the difference between a Championship Show and an Open Show? I would save my questions for the local show on the 5/6 March but I need to enter Luuka today for Mackay. I hate the search function on here you still have to search whole threads for answers!

Guys what's the difference between a Championship Show and an Open Show? I would save my questions for the local show on the 5/6 March but I need to enter Luuka today for Mackay. I hate the search function on here you still have to search whole threads for answers!

At an open show there's no points given for championship titles. The judges are learning too and it used to be more relaxed, now some people get quite wound up about it. Sometimes they don't judge in show awards, just to group level. Some offer a lot fewer classes. Apart from that, everything's works the same. Championship show, points on offer for titles, judges more experienced and generally a bit more serious for more people.

Open shows are a good place to learn, to practice and to get some ring confidence for handler and puppy.

Another question, on the show dates table what do the letters after the club names mean? KC I take to be Kennel Club but what's AG? I can't seem to find a legend for any of it. Not exactly a new-member friendly website.

AG is Agricultural or Show Society

I've entered all the open and champ shows I can between now and Easter because I'm heading down to Sydney for the beagle specialty and I want as much ring experience as possible for myself and Abby.

I was thinking of doing the Sunshine Coast Kennel Club show as it's the weekend before Sydney, but I'm still not sure.