Question About Joining Dogsqueensland

FranVT

Okay so I'm finally joining up, I want to know - exactly what do I have to pay for? The schedule of fees says "joining fee" and "single" - do I have to pay both those? I don't understand :D I tried to call them but it just rang out. Do I just then nominate a dog on the form? She is already registered with them so I don't have to pay for her registration do I?

Sorry, these are probably the silliest questions but I am really confused :laugh:

I would also like to go to the Mackay show on the 13th of March and the Sunshine Coast show on the 27th, any DOLers available to take me under their wings? :o I don't think my membership will go through in time though especially for the Mackay one so maybe I'll just spectate.

Oh wow that is awesome Erin! I might ring them, the Mackay entry closes on Friday.

Pointers Rule: If I get my reg. in time, is there any chance you have room for Luuka and I in your gazebo? :laugh: If not it's totally fine I can find a spot somewhere, I've never shown before only been to 1 show as an observer.

Oh wow that is awesome Erin! I might ring them, the Mackay entry closes on Friday.

Pointers Rule: If I get my reg. in time, is there any chance you have room for Luuka and I in your gazebo? :laugh: If not it's totally fine I can find a spot somewhere, I've never shown before only been to 1 show as an observer.

No worries, we usually set up with the Irvings (I believe you know them)

No worries, we usually set up with the Irvings (I believe you know them)

OHHhhhh that is PERFECT! Love the Irvings :o Had the best chat with Mr Irving last Tuesday night. That is really great thanks so much!

Fran I'll be at the Mackay Shows in March! Yay! So glad you will be too! Get my number off Craig and we can meet up there! You are also more than welcome to come and visit my feral Devil child- but my well behaved Chaos will be there too!

Edited by supremecy

Ohhhh sh*t... maybe I should bring Atlas and show him? The ex is fine with it... Nah I'll just show 1 dog while I'm getting used to it. I'd love to meet you! I will get your number from Craig actually I must catch up with him for a beer soon ;)

TeamSnag I have a big music event on that weekend :laugh: I would have loved to come! But I've arranged 8 bands to play at my local pub so I need to go and kick their butts on and off the stage, damn punks! :D

I will definitely come to the next Bundy one though that's a perfectly reasonable driving distance especially if the shows start in the arvo.

My problem with bringing them both is that he can be a little hard to handle (not aggression wise, though he is a bit funny with other large male entire dogs, just excitement wise) and her lead training's not perfect so I think it would be quite stressful to have them both at my very first show! Plus having to lug around 2 steel crates .... :laugh:

Where do people normally stay? Do you guys just camp? CR*P I'm gonna need to get a show suit!

My problem with bringing them both is that he can be a little hard to handle (not aggression wise, though he is a bit funny with other large male entire dogs, just excitement wise) and her lead training's not perfect so I think it would be quite stressful to have them both at my very first show! Plus having to lug around 2 steel crates .... :D

Where do people normally stay? Do you guys just camp? CR*P I'm gonna need to get a show suit!

I always camp so then Adam and I can both drink... :laugh: I can volunteer Adam to carry the crates around! He's pretty useful for that! ;) The trick is you have to get him carting stuff around before be buggers off to golf! ;) If you change your mind and want to bring 2 shoot me an email/message and I will help you out!

Another question, on the show dates table what do the letters after the club names mean? KC I take to be Kennel Club but what's AG? I can't seem to find a legend for any of it. Not exactly a new-member friendly website.

My problem with bringing them both is that he can be a little hard to handle (not aggression wise, though he is a bit funny with other large male entire dogs, just excitement wise) and her lead training's not perfect so I think it would be quite stressful to have them both at my very first show! Plus having to lug around 2 steel crates .... :D

I always camp so then Adam and I can both drink... :laugh: I can volunteer Adam to carry the crates around! He's pretty useful for that! ;) The trick is you have to get him carting stuff around before be buggers off to golf! ;) If you change your mind and want to bring 2 shoot me an email/message and I will help you out!

I will let you know! I'll have a think about it and a chat to the ex. If I'm thinking of showing Atlas do I need to put his name on the membership form for DQ or do I just put the dogs I specifically own on that form and nominate the dogs I'm showing on show entry forms?

If I'm thinking of showing Atlas do I need to put his name on the membership form for DQ or do I just put the dogs I specifically own on that form and nominate the dogs I'm showing on show entry forms?

As long as Atlas is registered to DQ- and has a rego number then you can just enter him using a show entry form but the registered owner- will have to sign it for you. You can show Atlas on the day though- any registered member can.

You just need to register the dogs that you want in your name, and same deal- just enter them using an entry form.

You can use this site to do your entry forms and just print them out www.showmanager.com.au Plus it keeps track of entries, results and everything else too! You can use it on a trial basis with 1 dog, or register for 15 dollars for 5 dogs. I love it! :laugh:

Edited by supremecy