Shiba Inu Owners

margaretka

Hi,

I am looking for other Shiba Inu owners or a club in Queenslalnd. I have 2 Shiba Inu dogs - 4 years old boy Joey and 2.5 years old girl Dashi. They are fantastic dogs and true members of our family. They are grerat with my newborn baby too. We brought Joeay with us from New Zealand and as we were working long hours, we got Dashi to keep Joey a company. Dashi had to be de-sexed as one of the conditions of her sale, but Joey is a full boy and has such a beautiful character, I would love to find someone who would like to breed from him. I'm attaching their pictures.

Thank you

M.

post-33451-1266188080_thumb.jpg

post-33451-1266188154_thumb.jpg

Is he a main registered dog in your name and are you a member of the Canine Council in your state ?

If so you and you believe he is a dog with excellent conformation and a temperament that can contribute to the breed, you can advertise him at stud on the breed pages.

If not, then there's little call for unregistered dogs and I for one do not condone back yard breeding.

Is he a main registered dog in your name and are you a member of the Canine Council in your state ?

If so you and you believe he is a dog with excellent conformation and a temperament that can contribute to the breed, you can advertise him at stud on the breed pages.

If not, then there's little call for unregistered dogs and I for one do not condone back yard breeding.

Yes, he is registered with pedigree and all, but I didn't know I need to be a Canine Council member. Thanks for the advice. :laugh:

Are you showing him coz its more likely people wiill want to use him at stud if hes doing well at showing or hes got a title.I havent been involved in pedigree dogs long but thats the way it seems.But I guess someone might want him coz hes from NZ and carrying different genes but hed still have to be good dog that confirms to the breed standard.

Hi Magaretka,

Welcome to DOL.

There are a number of Shiba owners/ Breeders on this forum, not sure of their whereabouts though :-). I own 2 males and my Ma has one male, being in a small town they get ALOT of attention when we take them out.

Cheers

Catz

Hi Magaretka,

Welcome to DOL.

There are a number of Shiba owners/ Breeders on this forum, not sure of their whereabouts though :-). I own 2 males and my Ma has one male, being in a small town they get ALOT of attention when we take them out.

Cheers

Catz

I know, same here. I still get asked if they are dingos :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Well be getting ours in 6 weeks can't wait

Boy or girl? Enjoy every minute of it! They are unbelievably cute when they are puppies.

theres 2 boys and one girl. we'll decide when we see them.

Boy or girl? Enjoy every minute of it! They are unbelievably cute when they are puppies.

Well get a girl and do non fix her - we can get some puppies later :()))

Well get a girl and do non fix her - we can get some puppies later :cry:)))

Hi Margaretka and welcome to the forum. :)

I suggest you hang around DOL and do a WHOLE lot more reading before you decide if this is the path you want to go down. There are some very knowledgeable people here who can help you and guide you with the right way of doing things.

Well get a girl and do non fix her - we can get some puppies later :cry:)))

Margererka I would strongly advise you don't use this forum to organise back yard breeding - this makes me maaaaaaaaaad.

Welcome Lotto - so exciting to have a puppy on the way! Welcome to the forums! Responsible pet owners are welcomed here with open arms!

Hi M, welcome to DOL.

Your best bet would be to contact the canine council in your state and meet up with a Shiba Inu breeder. They can then give their opinion as to whether your boy is breeding quality. The breeder will be able to pick out things about your dog that you wouldnt necessarily notice and assess his breeding quality.

Backyard breeding is when someone just puts two dogs together to make puppies regardless of whether they meet the breed standard and are breed worthy. So to breed with Lotto's dog, you would need to make sure that both dogs are main registered and worthy of being bred. Doing it any other way is irresponsible. You should never breed just for the sake of puppies regardless of how adorable your dog is.

Paper's doesnt mean that a dog should be bred from.

A dog can be a stunning pet but there is more to it when it comes to breeding. They need to pass the breed health tests and also be a good representation of the breed. Eg, do you know your dogs good points and all his faults?

If you meet up with some Shiba people and they think he could contribute to the breed, then they can help you to find a suitable bitch.

Good luck. They are beautiful dogs!