What Is Really In Those Dog Chews ?

brightonrock

Actually im really glad you directed me to the site, im sick of paying for small bags of treats only to go through them in a couple of weeks. The whippies get treats when they go to bed, when i leave them out for a while, training, dog shows, recall reward down at the park/beach (its a wonder they are not obese! :laugh: ) so i use a lot of them. Ive looked a few sites before but the postage was too much when you order 1kg boxes, i only had to pay $19 postage to Perth for 4kg of treats! .

Thanks! :)

In answer to the OP question, ive never questioned whats in raw hide chews but have used them for years. Dont think i want to know frankly! :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually im really glad you directed me to the site, im sick of paying for small bags of treats only to go through them in a couple of weeks. The whippies get treats when they go to bed, when i leave them out for a while, training, dog shows, recall reward down at the park/beach (its a wonder they are not obese! :laugh: ) so i use a lot of them. Ive looked a few sites before but the postage was too much when you order 1kg boxes, i only had to pay $19 postage to Perth for 4kg of treats! .

Thanks! :)

In answer to the OP question, ive never questioned whats in raw hide chews but have used them for years. Dont think i want to know frankly! :(

I've been very happy with the quality and the service Whipit - hope you are too.

My dogs get a treat every day when I leave for work and I use the jerky for training.

I highly recommend the Australian Pet Treat Company. My dog's favourites are the roo tendons and the chicken and tuna jerky.

Oh thanks a lot PF!!! I just spent $100 after going to their site!! :rofl:

They didnt have roo tendons but had lots of other cool stuff, i ordered 4 kg worth of treats!! :rofl: Ssshhhh dont tell hubby ... :rofl:

:thanks: A few of my dogs crazy friends get together to do bulk orders. I never seem to escape from the website for much under $100 either.

Check back frequently.. doesn't seem to take too long for the out of stock stuff to reappear. They usually toss a few samples into a big order too.

I really like the tuna.. so do the dogs!

I am another HUGE fan of this site and can't escape with an order under $100 either! :laugh:

So much variety, the OH and I go mad click click click! I liked the lambs ears, beef jerky, beef tendon and chicken bites! But going to try new stuff this time!

I highly recommend the Australian Pet Treat Company. My dog's favourites are the roo tendons and the chicken and tuna jerky.

Oh thanks a lot PF!!! I just spent $100 after going to their site!! :rofl:

They didnt have roo tendons but had lots of other cool stuff, i ordered 4 kg worth of treats!! :thanks: Ssshhhh dont tell hubby ... :rofl:

Yoooo hoooo Whipit - they have tendons back in stock. :laugh:

Guest belgian.blue
What about the schmako's chew strips you can buy in a box of 10 at the supermarket? Is schmako's australian?

If I give one to poppy the moment it touches her mouth she drops it on the floor and looks at me in disgust. And she will eat anything so thats saying something!

when I last looked at the ingredients it didn't look promising.

My dog ate too many schmackos and died. They are something I won't anywhere near. My current/future dog/s will never know what they taste like.

VERY high in salt. Bad, very bad :o

I wonder what the difference between the bites, cubes and delites on that website is. PF do you happen to know? Are they just different sizes? :o

The chicken bites aren't pure meat.. my dogs didn't like them.

I think the delights are the new semi moist range. My dogs liked those!

Cubes are pure meat.

What about the schmako's chew strips you can buy in a box of 10 at the supermarket? Is schmako's australian?

If I give one to poppy the moment it touches her mouth she drops it on the floor and looks at me in disgust. And she will eat anything so thats saying something!

when I last looked at the ingredients it didn't look promising.

My dog ate too many schmackos and died. They are something I won't anywhere near. My current/future dog/s will never know what they taste like.

VERY high in salt. Bad, very bad :o

Oh that's concerning. How did they know it was the schmackos?

Thanks for the link PF - $45 order here!

PF - I did look very briefly the other night, and decided to leave while my bank balance was still in the black! I could spoend a fortune on there.

I buy some dried beef pizzles that are Woolies brand, they are 100% dried beef pizzle and made in australia. The dogs LOVE them.

I am going back to that sight thought!

Mine get a chew in the morning, when they have to go into the dog run if I am going out for a few hours or something. I use Happy Paws training treats for training and to have for recalls at the beach etc. Easy to carry around in your pocket.

They also get raw bones as well.................they should be fat too!

I wonder what the difference between the bites, cubes and delites on that website is. PF do you happen to know? Are they just different sizes? :o

The chicken bites aren't pure meat.. my dogs didn't like them.

I think the delights are the new semi moist range. My dogs liked those!

Cubes are pure meat.

Ah thanks, that's good to know. I wish they had an ingredients list on the website.

I have also just been shopping :champagne:

However they also have the cheapest Advocate! I was going to need some more in the next month, checked theirs out whilest browsing the treats and they are the lowest price I have found, so ordered that too!

I am also going to check out the other link in the post above - my credit card will be shrieking!

Happy doggies though, and as Rommi has been in season and have been more confined she will be happy to have new yummy treats.