Anyone Thinking Of Buying A Houndbag?

4 Paws

I'm really sorry everyone is having trouble with the seller.I certainly do not know anything about them as a seller,just thought it was such a great buy when I posted the link

No don't be 4Paws - i'm glad you posted. I got the bag in the colour i wanted 12hours after i paid for it. Can't get better than that!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the pet expo at Caulfield on the weekend the Houndbag people were there selling their bags directly. They had the new ones at 2 for $60 and the old ones at 2 for $30. I bought two of the old ones, funky colours are cool but the old ones look good, price is really good, and the OH would rather have the plain version (otherwise he'll get embarressed). We still got them with the cool reflector strap that doubles as a lead, and the quality looks good. Will let you know how they go, but we're happy :eek:

Can you please bring one over when you visit?? I want to see what they look like :crossfingers: I think I want the smaller (old) one, I don't like big chunky bags when walking the dogs.

I'm really sorry everyone is having trouble with the seller.I certainly do not know anything about them as a seller,just thought it was such a great buy when I posted the link

4Paws you are a gem for letting us know! Please do not feel bad, there is no ill feeling toward you at all :crossfingers:

:thumbsup: I got the Green Lyla one as well (after specifically asking for Red Dotty and being told that there was one in stock and I would get it) - then to wait until Monday because more Red Dotty were coming in... and STILL I got the Lyla...

It's not a big deal - but I'm not happy. Why tell people they will get what they ask for when they won't?

If anyone has a Red Dotty and wants to swap for the Lyla I'm more than happy to (and pay both postages)!!! :rofl:

Totally agree with you, I was not happy either and I let the seller know. The reply I got was they pretty much sold what they did not actually have and then they put in another order from the supplier but the supplier found out they were selling them at cost price and cracked it! This was the response I got from the seller..

"We had an issue as the makers of the bags were very annoyed that we were selling these at cost and refused to supply us the bag designs we needed to fill orders and only gave us Lyla's and demanded that we sign a contract to sell these at RRP of $49.99, This left us in a bad position. We will not sign a contract of that demand and are more than happy to offer you a refund on the postage of the returned bag.

These orders were all printed off on the same day and we had limited stock and was waiting for hound bags to deliver the required bags the following day, When they found out how much we were selling these they decided not to provide what we needed and charged us $25.00 per bag and $20.00 freight and the postage cost us and extra $8.00 per bag, so we are out of pocket.

The description for the bags were the red dotty and these were shipped first (5) and then the remaining were placed on back order. Requests for other colors came in later via email and we held these as we were hoping the company would provide the correct bags needed. This did not happen and as a result the sales of these were mucked up.

All you need to do to return it is mark the envelope return to sender and this will come back at no cost to you."

What the seller should have done is contact all of us to ask if we want the Lyla bag or a refund, rather than just send the wrong bags out :)

Hi Guys,

I am the seller of these Houndbags as part of a new marketing advice to gain information about the market place demand, pricing and so on.

We had a few in stock and new that we could order what we need from the wholesaler once the orders were in.

These were sold under cost at our expense.

We received only a few emails re color and tried to get the requested bags to the people who had sent emails.

It all turned pear shape as this forum alerted the makers of this cost and then there was issues with getting the orders filled.

We pride ourselves on quick postage and excellent service and all purchases were emailed re the color and time issue.

This situation was unfortunate and we will no longer carry these bags.. We do have a few of the normal bags left in stock and will be donating these to the RCV for class prizes.

I am very sorry some of you have had a bad experience and we are happy to refund orders.

Please keep an eye out on EBAY as we also have sentinel Spectrum chews for dogs and a very low cost also to get the new chews into the market.

Large dog 6's $67.00

:thumbsup: I got the Green Lyla one as well (after specifically asking for Red Dotty and being told that there was one in stock and I would get it) - then to wait until Monday because more Red Dotty were coming in... and STILL I got the Lyla...

It's not a big deal - but I'm not happy. Why tell people they will get what they ask for when they won't?

If anyone has a Red Dotty and wants to swap for the Lyla I'm more than happy to (and pay both postages)!!! :rofl:

Totally agree with you, I was not happy either and I let the seller know. The reply I got was they pretty much sold what they did not actually have and then they put in another order from the supplier but the supplier found out they were selling them at cost price and cracked it! This was the response I got from the seller..

"We had an issue as the makers of the bags were very annoyed that we were selling these at cost and refused to supply us the bag designs we needed to fill orders and only gave us Lyla's and demanded that we sign a contract to sell these at RRP of $49.99, This left us in a bad position. We will not sign a contract of that demand and are more than happy to offer you a refund on the postage of the returned bag.

These orders were all printed off on the same day and we had limited stock and was waiting for hound bags to deliver the required bags the following day, When they found out how much we were selling these they decided not to provide what we needed and charged us $25.00 per bag and $20.00 freight and the postage cost us and extra $8.00 per bag, so we are out of pocket.

The description for the bags were the red dotty and these were shipped first (5) and then the remaining were placed on back order. Requests for other colors came in later via email and we held these as we were hoping the company would provide the correct bags needed. This did not happen and as a result the sales of these were mucked up.

All you need to do to return it is mark the envelope return to sender and this will come back at no cost to you."

What the seller should have done is contact all of us to ask if we want the Lyla bag or a refund, rather than just send the wrong bags out :)

Hi Guys,

I am the seller of these Houndbags as part of a new marketing advice to gain information about the market place demand, pricing and so on.

We had a few in stock and new that we could order what we need from the wholesaler once the orders were in.

We received only a few emails re color and tried to get the requested bags to the people who had sent emails.

It all turned pear shape as this forum alerted the makers of this cost and then there was issues with getting the orders filled.

We pride ourselves on quick postage and excellent service and all purchases were emailed re the color and time issue.

This situation was unfortunate and we will no longer carry these bags.. We do have a few of the normal bags left in stock and will be donating these to the RCV for class prizes.

I am very sorry some of you have had a bad experience and we are happy to refund orders.

Please keep an eye out on EBAY as we also have sentinel Spectrum chews for dogs and a very low cost also to get the new chews into the market.

Large dog 6's $67.00

Why don't you sell all your Products at cost? with free Postage!

Iam sure we would all love that.

Hi Guys,

Large dog 6's $67.00

Whilst I appreciate you coming onto her to explain, I still dont think selling merchandise that you dont have in your possession is the right thing to do. Problems with suppliers are often unavoidable which is why actually having the items you are advertising is important to prevent people from feeling let down and mislead.

Saying that, I think lessons have been learnt all round and I wish you luck with your ebay business and hope it brings you success.

Edited by bertandsally

Don't be sorry. I'm so happy you posted it.

When I ordered, I had no idea there was a colour choice :thumbsup: . I got a black one and couldn't be happier :)

Thanks for the post. I'm happy with mine :rofl:

Just a point to note..( after reading all these posts again )

If the makers of this product are worried about the price they are being sold for ( under RRP )

Then why did they go out and sell the product at an expo for near enough to cost! :thumbsup:

Seems to me double standards.

Perhaps they should make up their minds as to what their business is all about.

Maybe I'm stupid, but why does it matter to the makers of the product how much a supplier sells items for??? As long as they are still getting their money???

It could decrease the value of the product.

Other retailers may also choose not to stock the range - if people are selling an item super cheap and there is little-to-no-margin some suppliers may not bother (so the manufacturer looses sales).

There are a lot of businesses out there that will not supply goods to an "ebay" business.

So does this mean people who ordered and have not received their bag are not going to receieve it? If this is the case I should have already been refunded and will be annoyed if I have to chase these people for my money back. :rolleyes: I ordered last Wednesday, have emailed the seller.

Hi Guys,

Large dog 6's $67.00

At the pet expo at Caulfield on the weekend the Houndbag people were there selling their bags directly. They had the new ones at 2 for $60 and the old ones at 2 for $30. I bought two of the old ones, funky colours are cool but the old ones look good, price is really good, and the OH would rather have the plain version (otherwise he'll get embarressed). We still got them with the cool reflector strap that doubles as a lead, and the quality looks good. Will let you know how they go, but we're happy :rofl:

Can you please bring one over when you visit?? I want to see what they look like :rolleyes: I think I want the smaller (old) one, I don't like big chunky bags when walking the dogs.

Will do so :eek:

HI, I got mine (but through Houndbags direct) but was hoping someone could help me re: the strap... I am having a serious blond moment! I know it sounds stupid but I just can't work it out! :rolleyes: :rofl::eek:

I have the long strap 'lead' and the shorter handle 'collar', the bag itself has two female plastic buckle clips either side. I don't know what goes where / where to attach what etc to make the long over-the-shoulder strap/handle.

The long strap lead has a metal spring clip on the end but I don't have a metal ring anywhere to clip onto to.The short strap collar part has a male and female plastic buckle either end ie. to clip into each other to make the collar. I can use the male end to clip inside one side of the actual bag but I don't have another matching clip to use on the other side, nor is there a metal ring to use the spring clip.

Does this make sense... I am completely lost.

I have tried to email Houndbags several times, all without reply. I have even tried to google images of the bag so I can somehow work it out but all pictures only show one side of the bag or any closeups of how to attach the strap to both sides.

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase, I truly need help. I love these bags but at the moment can only use it if I carry it by the top handle which really its't practically when trying to walk dogs at the same time :o

So does this mean people who ordered and have not received their bag are not going to receieve it? If this is the case I should have already been refunded and will be annoyed if I have to chase these people for my money back. :rolleyes: I ordered last Wednesday, have emailed the seller.

I do hope you receive yours 16paws :rofl:

Get Whippet, not sure I can help you... mine definitely had a metal ring and the plastic clasp to put it all together... can you send a photo of yours?

Get Whippet, not sure I can help you... mine definitely had a metal ring and the plastic clasp to put it all together... can you send a photo of yours?

Thankyou, any help would be muchly appreciated even if just to learn my bag is different or made incorrectly. Just took some photos.. hope they all make sense? I feel so embarrassed I can't even work out a bag strap :rolleyes:

bag001c.jpgbag003c.jpgbag004c.jpg

Err- miine is different to yours! I only have the standard houndbag not pedigree but I've got the plastic clasp on one side of the bag and a metal D ring on the other side for the snap lock! Mine's not the pedigree so I cant be sure but that just doesnt look right!

I would say that is a fault and it hasnt been noticed and it just slipped through the system. I have the same one and one of the old version, and they are very different. Hang on one sec and Ill post a picture.

OMG, thankyou so much. OK, a bit disappointed that I got a faulty bag but I am so relieved at the same time... I thought I was going insane, I was even crying at myself at one stage because I couldn't work it out!

Now that I know it's an actual fault (and just not me), I'll shoot off another email to Houndbag today.

Cheers everyone, I should've come to DOL sooner :rolleyes: