Anyone Thinking Of Buying A Houndbag?

4 Paws

I'm happy with the price but I dont think its acceptable that they were selling products that they do not have. there are problems in gaining stock all the time: transport problems, incorrect shipments etc.

but that does not excuse the fact that they were offering for sale items that they did not have in their possession. to me that is wrong.

if all they had in stock was red dotty and lyla, they should of stated that fact, and not advertised all possible colours only to send out the wrong one to people with no consultation.

its not good public relations, nor is it good business practice.

whilst the price is good, I feel mislead and wouldnt use them again.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't quite work out why a company would sell something at cost then pay the freight?

Therefore loosing money.

What were they going to gain?

Yes I'm a little suspect on their 'story'... some of it doesn't quite make sense or add up.

And yes, they didn't realise they were selling to the DOL crowd - which is a difficult mob to please at the best of times :(

Lol...they probably weren't expecting the buyers to all be in contact with each other :)

:(

didn't they get caught out!

I found out the seller also is associated with an online store (who stopped selling the Bags the same day for the same reason)

They are also a breeder who is a forum member.

It wasn't hard to work it all out either. Google is your friend :(

Doesn't change anything for me... if I'd been told I wouldn't get the colour that was advertised as available, I would have been more than happy (to either cancel or decide if I wanted the colour that was available). But, as the customer paying the money for the product advertised, I wasn't given that option. It was a great price, and I do appreciate that - however that doesn't mean that customer service should lack or it becomes a case of 'get what you're given' - as there was nothing in the ad to indicate that you could not choose the colour you wanted to purchase or that they were to be selected and sent out randomly.

To me, it's just not the way it's done and not the service I expect. But I'm happy with my purchase. So... neutral.

Is there anywhere else we can get these bags I really want one!

Iam getting mine from here Pedigree is 39.95 and standard is about $5 cheaper.

Postage is $10 ( To anywhere i think )

Iam going to get the Dotty one. :(

edited to atual page ( dumbo ) Still getting used to how to use forum

here is actual page

Edited by Sue Brown

Hi Guys, I have been watching this thread with interest. I bought an original hound bag when they first became available, then in July last year my mum bought me one of the new ones, the pink camo one for $49.95 at pets in the city. I have used it so much it is coming apart :( anyway what I cant figure out from this thread is how can someone on ebay have the bags, I am presuming they bought them from the supplier at a really cheap rate but then you wouldnt think selling them at $25 they would hardly be making any money on them??

When mine is really worn out I will get another one. I love mine to bits!! My old one I still use for the beach.

Is there anywhere else we can get these bags I really want one!

Iam getting mine from here Pedigree is 39.95 and standard is about $5 cheaper.

Postage is $10 ( To anywhere i think )

Iam going to get the Dotty one. :(

edited to atual page ( dumbo ) Still getting used to how to use forum

here is actual page

Thanks I checked it out and will probably be ordering one, one question I have though is it big enough for a bottle of water to fit in? Wherever we go I always take water for my dog and I would hate to order the bag and then the water bottle doesnt fit.

The pedigree range would fit a standard 500 or 600ml water bottle quite easily, or even 2 bottles. If you're talking a litre or more in the bigger bottles then probably not.

There's actually quite a bit of room for stuff in there (well considering that I don't need to put poo bags in them :( )

I'm really sorry everyone is having trouble with the seller.I certainly do not know anything about them as a seller,just thought it was such a great buy when I posted the link

A lot of us got them at the great price - thanks for posting it. I got the colour that I wanted (black) within a few days. I've ordered other stuff from them too (a doog - at $30 with $2 postage it was a bargain). It has also arrived promptly.

I'm really sorry everyone is having trouble with the seller.I certainly do not know anything about them as a seller,just thought it was such a great buy when I posted the link

A lot of us got them at the great price - thanks for posting it. I got the colour that I wanted (black) within a few days. I've ordered other stuff from them too (a doog - at $30 with $2 postage it was a bargain). It has also arrived promptly.

No need to apologise... I'm thrilled to have got one for that price. :laugh:

At the pet expo at Caulfield on the weekend the Houndbag people were there selling their bags directly. They had the new ones at 2 for $60 and the old ones at 2 for $30. I bought two of the old ones, funky colours are cool but the old ones look good, price is really good, and the OH would rather have the plain version (otherwise he'll get embarressed). We still got them with the cool reflector strap that doubles as a lead, and the quality looks good. Will let you know how they go, but we're happy :laugh:

No need to apologise... I'm thrilled to have got one for that price. :laugh:

Definatley not your fault, how were you to know