How To Get My Dogs Papers?

GABBA

I have been led to believe that here in Tasmania that you can't register your pups unless they are micro chipped.

Now there's a good idea. Maybe it should be implemented all the registering bodies. :)

NO micro chip NO registration.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Oakway - I tell all prospective puppy buyers that the pups are microchipped along with a myriad of other things.

But it's not difficult for the puppy owner to pick up the phone or send an email asking such a simple question?

I have been led to believe that here in Tasmania that you can't register your pups unless they are micro chipped.

Now there's a good idea. Maybe it should be implemented all the registering bodies. :)

Yep, that is the case!

You can lodge the litter application but until you provide the microchip numbers for each individual puppy being registered, they will not issue registration papers.

And they will also NOT accept registration applications if the dam has not been microchipped or if the dog is from one of the states where microchipping is compulsory.

Yes Oakway - I tell all prospective puppy buyers that the pups are microchipped along with a myriad of other things.

But it's not difficult for the puppy owner to pick up the phone or send an email asking such a simple question?

Not difficult at all. A simple just letting you know the pup is doing fine and by the way is it micro chipped.

I also leave my details on as second notification point. At least if the dog is picked up and scanned and the owner is not contactable then they can contact me. Chances are I will either arrange to have the dog collected or alternatively (hopefully) have some means of contacting the owner and then remind them to change their address/phone details with CAR.

Now there's a good idea. Maybe it should be implemented all the registering bodies. :thumbsup:

Yep, that is the case!

You can lodge the litter application but until you provide the microchip numbers for each individual puppy being registered, they will not issue registration papers.

And they will also NOT accept registration applications if the dam has not been microchipped or if the dog is from one of the states where microchipping is compulsory.

ellz,

Does this mean that I will have to get my 5 year old micro chipped before I breed her. Micro chipping was not a thing one did when she was born. As it was purely oppional and she wasn't going anywhere I never had her done.

Now there's a good idea. Maybe it should be implemented all the registering bodies. :thumbsup:

Yep, that is the case!

ellz,

Does this mean that I will have to get my 5 year old micro chipped before I breed her. Micro chipping was not a thing one did when she was born. As it was purely oppional and she wasn't going anywhere I never had her done.

Yes, she'll have to be chipped or you won't be able to register the litter.

Yep, that is the case!

ellz,

Thank you I, will have her done as soon as possible.

I had to get Vanni done so that I could register Alice. Had them both done at the same time by the TCA microchipper ($20 each). Did the 9 Stafford babies then as well. It was hilarious. We barricaded off part of the office, locked the doors and let them loose. Nice little assembly line we had going on the desk at the office. Judy doing the writing, me wrangling puppies, Tull doing the chipping and Kerry doing the holding and scanning. :thumbsup:

Then we wrote Vanni's and Alice's numbers on Alice's rego application and I put that in as well.

Yep, that is the case!

ellz,

Really? Is this the same for QLD?

I have planed alitter in april

Just an update with regards to this microchiping issue. I went and got him m/c today, and i asked the vet why he wouldn't have been m/c and what he also told me that m/c was not (yet) a legal requirement in QLD. He did say that it was going to be, but as of yet, it isn't. So if a vet instructed the breeder that it should not be done yet, it was probably because it wasnt against the law.

I have also looked at a council (within QLD) website, which says;

"Registration and microchipping of dogs is compulsory within the Region, and will be compulsory statewide as of 10 December 2010 under the Animal Management Act 2008. Dogs that are microchipped and desexed are free to register."

So, im not sure, looks as though there are a few conflicting arguments, feel free to comment (on the m/c issue).

As for my dog, hes now m/c'd!

I do remember reading that the SE corner became compulsary 1/7/2009. With other regional councils to follow within a certain timeframe. So it is possible that Roma MAY fall into the "following into line". You may find the information on this link.

LINK

There was talk with the CCCQ about not being able to register litters unless MC number was supplied. It did appear in one of the dogworld mags last year, then they rescinded it. I remember when I did my own litter last year, they said because it was not in force Qld wide, they were not forcing the issue and saying it was a local council issue, not a CCCQ one. (COP OUT??)

It may come back in once it is in force Qld wide (end 2010??). But IMO then they are just as likely to continue to say it is a local council issue and not enforce it too.

The impression I got from the EO of the TCA when I had my puppies microchipped a couple of weeks ago is that within 2 years it will be compulsory for all dogs to be microchipped prior to registration with any ANKC controlling body.

I had to get Vanni done so that I could register Alice. Had them both done at the same time by the TCA microchipper ($20 each). Did the 9 Stafford babies then as well. It was hilarious. We barricaded off part of the office, locked the doors and let them loose. Nice little assembly line we had going on the desk at the office. Judy doing the writing, me wrangling puppies, Tull doing the chipping and Kerry doing the holding and scanning. :thumbsup:

Then we wrote Vanni's and Alice's numbers on Alice's rego application and I put that in as well.

:champagne::cheer: ;) :rofl: And the video is coming when???? :eek::eek::mad

Slight twist too topic but when did it become compulsory to chip in QLD. The reason I ask is I have three dogs here which all came from QLD, and as I live in NSW I had them all chipped here. Will admit that the youngest of the three is now 2 years old.

Just wondering the date it became mandatory in case I get a fourth dog down.

:champagne::cheer: ;) :rofl: And the video is coming when???? :eek::eek::mad

You beat me to it. :D :p :o :o :rofl:

Apparently there was a comment in the December Vic Gazette about putting a barcode on the rego papers instead of writing in the number. This maybe be the first step to having to be chipped before rego.

I think this is a great step forward.

Next is to have a third contact that remains constant : The breeders details.

Yarracoly:

It became compulsory 1 July 2009 to microchip puppies.

I do remember reading that the SE corner became compulsary 1/7/2009. With other regional councils to follow within a certain timeframe. So it is possible that Roma MAY fall into the "following into line". You may find the information on this link.

LINK

When the law first came in, you could not microchip puppies before 8 weeks of age. Now you can microchip puppies earlier with an amendment to legislation coming into effect end November/beginning December 2009.

I had to get Vanni done so that I could register Alice. Had them both done at the same time by the TCA microchipper ($20 each). Did the 9 Stafford babies then as well. It was hilarious. We barricaded off part of the office, locked the doors and let them loose. Nice little assembly line we had going on the desk at the office. Judy doing the writing, me wrangling puppies, Tull doing the chipping and Kerry doing the holding and scanning. :rofl:

:):rofl: :D :( And the video is coming when???? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You beat me to it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Weeeeelllllll...unless the TCA office has a security camera it won't be happening.

You silly gooses you.....how on earth could I possibly take video when I was too busy a) puppy wrangling and b) laughing? :rofl:

Mind you, I should probably mention that I don't see Kerry or Judy now without them asking me how Bad Alice is (and funnier still when I rang the office to get Alice's rego number so that I could enter her in shows I didn't even have to tell Kerry her registered name before he gave it to me! ;) ) and when I dropped in to say hi to the Rajacadoo-doo-doo clan at the showgrounds yesterday, both Kerry and Judy remembered Roger by name! :eek::rofl: