Backwardness In The Cc Circles

sandgrubber

I've recently spent some time on the US (AKC) site relating coordinating the officialdom of the pedigree dog community and was struck by the fact that US breeders can register litters, transfer ownership, etc. online. No more having to write membership numbers and registration numbers twice on the same damn piece of paper . . . no worry about getting your forms sent back to you with a find and a delay because you copied a 0000 as 000 when writing out the numbers.

Why isn't the Australian scene keeping up? I'm sure someone would be happy to sell us the software for a fraction of what it costs to handle the paperwork.

You can now register litters, transfer dogs and renew membership/judges online, Dogs NSW announced this last month.

ummm yeah and hasn't that been fun, took me two phone calls, one email just to register on line :D

Instructions for NSW were sent out in the mail with my renewal. Email wasn't on the data base and had to be added, despite being confirmed on my renewal for the last however many years.

I put in my details exactly as per my card, using the capital letters and all, big failure that was.

Another call to the CC only to find that my card details, were not what they had on the data base.

I'm not sure if I want to venture past viewing the journal, as it's easier to buy a stamp and mail things off ;)

Dogs Vic members have not been able to login into the members section for close to 2 years now!!

Oh what a bummer :eek: Oh well it worked well back in 2006 :D That was the last time I tried to access the members section. It makes you wonder doesn't it, if it worked four years ago why doesn't it work now and why on earth can't they fix it? Two years is ridiculous!

sandgrubber, you are in WA - so even if the rest of the country gets online facilities (which it seems most do, even if they don't work), we will still Wait Awhile before we do anything similar...

Ya. But bitch that I am I can still bitch about it :D . As for not working at first . . . that's normal. Remember the lines all the way around the supermarket when they first introduced bar code scanning? But supermarket customers don't tolerate incompetence cause they loose customers when the lines get too long. The CC's are monopolies.

I just finished registering a litter co bred with my friend in Canada and all online....this was tricky as the sire of the litter is co owned with myself and another friend as well...thank goodness for online registrations! In a day (because of time zones and some small corrections as it was her first time doing this) we had litter registered, pups all individually registered and in less than two weeks I got my pups papers in the mail here in Victoria!

Gotta love the online stuff....wish we could do that here.....also would love to see more online entry's happening and get rid of twenty million bits of paper!!

oooh I hope this happends in QLD soon... but 3 weeks is a long time to wait for the registrations to arrive.... we get ours back in a week ! Does the online registration give you the number of the pup straight away? that would be good.. although, i guess they have to check the names hey?

oooh I hope this happends in QLD soon... but 3 weeks is a long time to wait for the registrations to arrive.... we get ours back in a week ! Does the online registration give you the number of the pup straight away? that would be good.. although, i guess they have to check the names hey?

from a geek perspective, checking names should be a 20 second proposition if they set the system up right. Usually they don't set the system up right initially, but if the powers that be invest in digitizing the historical record, it gets better over time, and eventually the 20 second proposition should become something that causes a momentary delay when you submit a name.

from a geek perspective, checking names should be a 20 second proposition if they set the system up right. Usually they don't set the system up right initially, but if the powers that be invest in digitizing the historical record, it gets better over time, and eventually the 20 second proposition should become something that causes a momentary delay when you submit a name.

Wow, this is all quite exciting really if it all comes about :)