Help! Ants Are Getting To My Dogs Food

Cheyd

Help please!

We feed Merlin in the laundry and unfortunately we have an ant problem. Any food left in the bowl or on the ground is quickly set upon by lots of ants. I am reluctant to use too much spray on the ground as I dont want it to get into his food

Even if I leave a handfull of kibble out for him to eat, they will attack that also, its not just his fresh food

I have purchased a ant-proof bowl but to be honest its useless, the water channel is too small and the water evaporates too quickly

Can anyone recommend some way of preventing the ants from reaching Merlins food please?

I was thinking there might be some sort of surface that ants arent able to cross or maybe a better designed food bowl, this is so frustrating ggggrrrrr

Help please!

We feed Merlin in the laundry and unfortunately we have an ant problem. Any food left in the bowl or on the ground is quickly set upon by lots of ants. I am reluctant to use too much spray on the ground as I dont want it to get into his food

Even if I leave a handfull of kibble out for him to eat, they will attack that also, its not just his fresh food

I have purchased a ant-proof bowl but to be honest its useless, the water channel is too small and the water evaporates too quickly

Can anyone recommend some way of preventing the ants from reaching Merlins food please?

I was thinking there might be some sort of surface that ants arent able to cross or maybe a better designed food bowl, this is so frustrating ggggrrrrr

I bought a Chip & Dip plate to combat an ant problem for my cats food and it seemed to work a treat. Just fill the chip part with water and put food/kibble in the dip part. easypeasy! :o

:smashpc: Brilliant idea - thanks and so simple

I was thinking I would have to make something up myself but I will go looking for one of these :D

One way to get rid of the ants without using sprays etc, is to sprinkle some corn flour around where they are(preferably where your dogs can't get to it) they then carry this back to their nest and the whole nest will eat it, can't digest it & therefor end up dieing :o

Thanks for the idea, but will go looking for a chip'n'dip plate or something similar

Help please!

We have the same problem, bones are mostly eaten on a mat inside, even then the ants find them sometimes. I found the water bowl the best way just turned out the tupperware cuboard until I found a couple of bowls that fit, but must say I like the idea of the chip n dip bowl, should be able to get them pretty cheap in the 2 dollar shops! :cry: