Interstate Dog

Keyarna

Hi all, just thought id post this here as obviously someone will have an answer to my question! :thumbsup: I've contacted CCCQ but haven't received a reply yet.

As some of you know am getting a new German Shorthaired pointer pup soon, from Heiderst kennels in SA.

However I live in QLD, so do I need to fill out any transfer/registrations forms etc to be able to show him here? I am a member of the CCCQ, but just not sure how to go about a pup from another state??

Edited by Keyarna

Hi all, just thought id post this here as obviously someone will have an answer to my question! :thumbsup: I've contacted CCCQ but haven't received a reply yet.

As some of you know am getting a new German Shorthaired pointer pup soon, from Heiderst kennels in SA.

However I live in QLD, so do I need to fill out any transfer/registrations forms etc to be able to show him here? I am a member of the CCCQ, but just not sure how to go about a pup from another state??

Provided the breeder transfers the pup's papers into your name, no. He/she will just have a different rego number to locally bred dogs.

My Whippet was bred in Vic - all I needed to show him was rego papers in my name.

You may also find that they will simply post you the registration papers and that you will have to effect the transfer. You will know that this is the case if the registered owner shows up as being the same as the breeder. They will have signed the back of the transfer however.

If this is the case, you complete your details and forward the registration papers to the CCCQ with the prescribed fee. The papers will be sent back to you showing you as the registered owner.

I don't know how Qld works, but if you wish to show the dog in the breeders' name until the registration is transferred, you can ask the breeder to write a letter authorising you to sign entries on their behalf until the transfer is done. Or alternatively, they can send you some signed entry forms.

Quite right ellz BUT you must transfer the dog into your name within 3 months or you won't be able to show the dog after that until it is in your name.....

Thankfully that rule is only in Qld. The rest of Australia isn't quite as archaic now! :D

I actually think that there are exhibitors who want the rule kept....literally some of them follow dogs and catalogues and the day after the dog was due to be transferred are on the phone or email to the CCCQ lodging a formal complaint because the dog was shown - or get them dq'ed by the show manager prior to the show....normally becauise the dog is beating them and it's one way of keeping them out.....LOL

Slightly Off Topic, but along the same lines... :(

I reside in Victoria and have just taken Ownership of a puppy bred in Western Australia and have in my possession the original Pedigree Certificate...

If there are any exhibitors/dog fanciers reading that are a Member of the Western Australian Canine Council, can you please provide me with their Postal Address and the exact Fee for transferring the Puppy into my name. I understand the original Pedigree Certificate and the appropriate Fee must be sent back to the Western Australian Canine Association for the puppy to be transferred into my name?

Thanking everybody in advance, and my apologies to the Author of this thread for 'gatecrashing' your topic... :laugh:

Slightly Off Topic, but along the same lines... :(

I reside in Victoria and have just taken Ownership of a puppy bred in Western Australia and have in my possession the original Pedigree Certificate...

If there are any exhibitors/dog fanciers reading that are a Member of the Western Australian Canine Council, can you please provide me with their Postal Address and the exact Fee for transferring the Puppy into my name. I understand the original Pedigree Certificate and the appropriate Fee must be sent back to the Western Australian Canine Association for the puppy to be transferred into my name?

Thanking everybody in advance, and my apologies to the Author of this thread for 'gatecrashing' your topic... :laugh:

Actually, you can just send it into the VCA with the VCA transfer price and it will be done. I've purchased dogs from interstate over the years and never have I bothered to send registrations back to the state of origin for transfer.