Patterdale Terrier

Whipitgood

SO much cuteness! It was a ballsy little thing but so friendly and outgoing! At first i thought it was a terrier x staffy! :grouphug: But then i saw he had a 3/4 tail dock, so realised he must have been some sort of "breed". He played with my 3 whippets for ages down at the beach. I want one! I noticed they are not on the breed pages so mustnt be recognised here? Bugger! His owners were english so must have imported him over with them.

I met one late last year and although I've never seen one in the flesh before I asked her if it was a Patterdale. She was very surprised that I knew. I took some photos of it but none were very good, it was so lively I couldn't get an in focus pic. It was a gorgeous little dog.

Edited by Kirislin

Hi Krislin,

Um, very late 50's early 60's in London :D He was VERY special!

Blackielondon1960.jpg

Waiting for dad to get home!! :D

He would guard everything, esp. my pram and me, so mum (like all good poms!) would leave me out the front getting freshair! with Blackie guarding the pram, he was totally reliable and could e very scary!! as a guard dog, even though small. No one messed with him, inc. other dogs. If you were his 'family ' though (inc the cats, tortoise etc.) he was utterly and completely a pussycat. :)

Oh one is with dad, one is with my dad's mum, my Nanny.

He lived until 20! but had to be PTS. :cry: