Leica Snobs

Kirislin

My panasonic fz50 has a leica lense, and before that i had the fz20 same lense. Is that what you are talking about. They do take the most excellent photos, but the ones I have got are not and slr so the lense is fixed. Before I got my Nikon I contemplated a Panasonic SLR, but decided I had wanted a nikon for so long I just had to go with Nikon. When I did my photo course the teacher said the Leica lenses are one of the best you can get. My older uncles Photographers from way back and still using film cameras have cameras with leica lenses and they say they are the bees knees!!

My little sony cybershot has a leica lens :laugh:

I used to own a leica.........way back when............. lord it was a thing of beauty- almost antique, but was a wonderful thing. Was my grandpa's- he gave it to me for my 21st.

Some low life stole it from our house- bet they tossed it when they saw it was old :banghead::laugh: :laugh: :banghead:

Pretty much any photo on the web can look fabulous so you likely won't be able to tell anyway.

Leica is awesome stuff and those who use it can be nice & snobby about their superiority :laugh: but in real life those I've met who are Leica fans are just like regular folk (who are convinced nothing can touch their chosen tool LOL).

My Dad (who turns 78 today) is a total Leica man. He spent a chunk of his student days in Germany and was a geography academic so had good reason to fall in love with them, and also had a few as tools of the trade. He now has a secret compartment in his bookcase - hidden from view - with a series of Leicas, dating back to 1950s/60s. He rarely takes any photos now, just caresses all his cameras, talks to me and OH for hours about the technical superiority of them ... and lives vicariously through camera mags and books.

He isn't on line though (and refuses to be) so is missing out on alot of info and Leica lovin' but sometimes stalks the few stores that carry the 'speshull' ones.

edited: to replace 'OHs' with 'OH' :laugh:

Edited by mrs tornsocks