Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food

We fed the US made product for 9 years until it was pulled from the Australian market in 2008. We have weaned 4 litters of puppies onto the US made Lamb and Rice Puppy, out of those litters we have kept four.

Nutro is now made here and whilst we haven't raised a litter on the Australian product we are feeding Nutro on a 1/3rd 2/3rds basis, to our seven dogs and have not had any issues.

My puppy went through a bag of this, she was having trouble keeping weight on with both Advance and Eagle Pack but the Nutro got her into really good shape. I didn't mind it at all. It was the pale green bag with a beagle on the front form memory.

Nutro rules! i bought a massive bag of the American one and neither of my dogs would touch it (much to my dismay - that stuff was EXPENSIVE!), but Tucker eats the Aussie lamb & rice now and absolutely loves it. Bam eats Eagle Pack Holistic because she voms when she eats anything else.

T has had some skin issues in the past, but the Nutro is slowly but surely clearing all that up. It's wonderful! i'm so glad i can feed premium again. :) i dunnae if you have a PETStock near you, but we have a Nutro rep come in all the time and give us samples to pass out to customers, so pop in to one (or any big pet store, i guess? i know our rep does Best Friends too) and grab a couple of bags if you've not tried it on your dogs before.

Nutro rules! i bought a massive bag of the American one and neither of my dogs would touch it (much to my dismay - that stuff was EXPENSIVE!), but Tucker eats the Aussie lamb & rice now and absolutely loves it. Bam eats Eagle Pack Holistic because she voms when she eats anything else.

T has had some skin issues in the past, but the Nutro is slowly but surely clearing all that up. It's wonderful! i'm so glad i can feed premium again. :) i dunnae if you have a PETStock near you, but we have a Nutro rep come in all the time and give us samples to pass out to customers, so pop in to one (or any big pet store, i guess? i know our rep does Best Friends too) and grab a couple of bags if you've not tried it on your dogs before.

I agree. Nutro Rules. It is great for dogs with allergies, produces a nice shiny coat etc. I have just started feeding to my kelpie, but in NZ we used to feed it to our GSDs with great results. We also fed it to dogs in the kennels where I worked and it often made a difference to some of the dogs staying long term. A lot of our customers changed over to it. It may seem expensive but you dont have to feed a lot per day if you stick to the guidelines.

I like Natures Gift tinned food. The puppy one has 70% chicken (no offal), rice and veggies. That is it. If you are feeding a good dry food don't think that you need all the stuff that the Nutro one has in it. Nature's Gift is also the only doggie tinned food I don't mind opening, lol. I tried Advance & Eagle Pack and found them a bit mushy. I imagine the NG will be stacks cheaper than the Nutro too.

I haven't tried the canned food, but the Nutro lamb and rice suits my dogs very well. When we couldn't get it here anymore I switched them to Orijen and when that was withdrawn I tried Artemis, but it didn't work for my dogs.

As far as canned foods go I think Natures Gift is the only brand worth buying apart from Ziwipeak which I find way too expensive.

My dogs are on it at the moment and I am very happy with it.

Mistral my, male Sammie, is almost impossible to keep a decent weight (his father is exactly the same :thumbsup: ) and Nutro has been fantastic for that.

It's also done wonderful things for my Lab, he looks better then he ever has.

Hi BBB,

Logan is now totally swapped over to Nutro, Chicken and Rice for Large Breed Puppies. A friend who has a few dogs with various issues changed to Nutro after alot of research, and her dogs are doing so well!

Because of this we decided to try Nutro....fortunately Logan likes it...not hoing into it as I expected a pup might, but maybe that's just him anyway. The vet suggested a very small amount of non salt chicken stock slightly warmed (just to release the flavours) poured to very slightly soften the kibble. That made a big difference and in the past few days I have almost cut the stock out.

When I went into my non pet selling shop I asked for a sample pack whch they gave me happily. Also, there is a money back guarantee so if Humphrey does not like it nothing lost. I know you'd prefer the can so I'm not sure how they sample that. I did ring the company and they were very helpful over the phone.

Just wanted to say I'm greatful for this discussion, we've just put Chestnut onto Nutro Chicken and Rice, was concerned at some reviews online but they turned out to be reviews of the american product. We've only tried two products, California Natural and Nutro, I prefer Nutro becuase it is australian made and I can purchase it stores other than pets paradise. As for nutritional value I think they're both good products, not too sure, it's all so complicated. chestnut produces better poos on Nutro (soft but well formed) than on California Natural. Other than that Chestnut seems to like them both. Thinking of trying the Innova but agian, can only get it at Pet's paradise, grr.

I like Natures Gift tinned food. The puppy one has 70% chicken (no offal), rice and veggies. That is it. If you are feeding a good dry food don't think that you need all the stuff that the Nutro one has in it. Nature's Gift is also the only doggie tinned food I don't mind opening, lol. I tried Advance & Eagle Pack and found them a bit mushy. I imagine the NG will be stacks cheaper than the Nutro too.

Natures Gift is the only tinned food i will use,the dogs love it.was given to the post whelping bitches till they decided not to be so fussy!!