Free Photoshop Actions

Ashanali

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ashanali (I think). Pioneer Women's blog somehow led to "Lost in Customs" (huge credits to Smugmug, bless him) which led to another HDR tutorial and back to Lynne Glazer who is awesome, so three hours later it's too late to cook anything.

Lynne Glazer's website - she also has a good blog there with some thoughts on copyright issues.

http://www.photo.lynnesite.com - portfolio worth a few minutes.

I reallywant to learn about all of this stuff cos daughter is getting married and although having a photographer I would love to take some pics and do something special for her and have it framed :-)

As a wedding photographer, my best advice is to leave the camera at home, relax, have a great day and enjoy yourself. :)

Alternatively, find out if the photographer is staying for the full reception. If they aren't (because most won't) - make that your time to pull out the camera and take all the photos of the dancing and the people at the reception and make that into something special for her. Reception photos can be interesting when a few people have had drinkees...

I reallywant to learn about all of this stuff cos daughter is getting married and although having a photographer I would love to take some pics and do something special for her and have it framed :-)

As a wedding photographer, my best advice is to leave the camera at home, relax, have a great day and enjoy yourself. :champagne:

Alternatively, find out if the photographer is staying for the full reception. If they aren't (because most won't) - make that your time to pull out the camera and take all the photos of the dancing and the people at the reception and make that into something special for her. Reception photos can be interesting when a few people have had drinkees...

Photographer is for ceremony only

I'm sorry to hijack, but PooMother, I would so highly recommend that you extend your photographer's coverage. The ceremony is the smallest - visually - part of the wedding. Having a pro around will capture all of those moments that happen through the whole day. And I'm sharing this not as a tog but as a bride who misses having shots she was looking forward to.

one of the major reasons I bit the bullet and became a wedding tog is because BOTH of my wedding photographers were dismal and I wanted to make sure that didn't happen to others. My favourite shots aren't from the ceremony, they're from the "action" before and after the ceremony - all the expressions of family and friends, interactions with them, shots of the happy couple and/or other players in scenes of the wedding day. All of those things make looking through the photos a real joy. That's both from my own and from those I shoot.

If I had mine to do again, I'd make sure that my tog got both bride & groom getting ready (so many neglect the groom as usually he's like "I don't care about photos" but his interaction with his boys can often be great, not to mention extremely rare!), the ceremony, the "formals" and then a little bit at the reception. I wouldn't have the tog stay for the whole thing, but if I had any special things planned I'd have her stay for those (my tog completely fubard my dad's speech and I'll never forgive him for that...or about a million other things he cocked up or plain missed).

one of the major reasons I bit the bullet and became a wedding tog is because BOTH of my wedding photographers were dismal and I wanted to make sure that didn't happen to others. My favourite shots aren't from the ceremony, they're from the "action" before and after the ceremony - all the expressions of family and friends, interactions with them, shots of the happy couple and/or other players in scenes of the wedding day. All of those things make looking through the photos a real joy. That's both from my own and from those I shoot.

If I had mine to do again, I'd make sure that my tog got both bride & groom getting ready (so many neglect the groom as usually he's like "I don't care about photos" but his interaction with his boys can often be great, not to mention extremely rare!), the ceremony, the "formals" and then a little bit at the reception. I wouldn't have the tog stay for the whole thing, but if I had any special things planned I'd have her stay for those (my tog completely fubard my dad's speech and I'll never forgive him for that...or about a million other things he cocked up or plain missed).

WOW! So similar! My first wedding the photography was BAD. I had no idea how bad as I wasn't fully in the industry back then.

Second time around, we got exactly who and what we wanted. Couldn't be happier :laugh:

and yes, boys getting ready shots included... It was Alex in a kilt so there was alot of hijinx. :laugh: SO SO SO glad for an awesome second wedding with photography.

My wedding photos were the pits. It was just before pros went digital and was on film. The guy didn't even do any editing. There are rainspots on my dress, on OH's suit and because I was nervous leading up to it and because we got married in the Daintree in FNQ, it was high humidity and I developed a big pimple on my cheek, which he didn't edit out. You can really see it too, it was a big one :) I know I paid for a package with Silky Oaks Lodge which included photographer, cake and flowers, but a friend could have taken just as good shots with a tripod and flash gun.

At least I have the negatives though, I might get them scanned and PS them myself.

eta: I was asked to take pics of a friend's baby recently but I said no, pay a professional. There are enough amatuers out there doing crappy portrait shots, they don't need another one. I'll stick to what I enjoy and what I'm more confident in, which is wildlife and places. Anything else I'm out of my comfort zone.

Edited by Ripley