What Camera To Get

Daisys Mum

Hi :D

Wasnt sure whether to start thread here but anyway :

I have a Canon 1000D but at the moment i am looking around for a compact camera.... In August i am going to the UK for 5 weeks and was thinking that instead of taking my camera/camera bag + Lens i would look around for a compact camera.

I dont want to spend a fortune but i want a camera that has 10+ MP and optical zoom... so i am looking up to the $200 mark :D

Any recommendations for a camera that takes excellent photos at a reasonable price would be great :rofl: or do you think i should just take my Canon?

I am not brand biased :rofl:

I love my baby Canon 1200SD IS. Total opposite of my dslr. The 1200 has no manual features, is super tiny & lightweight and just perfect for my go everywhere all the time camera. You can check out my personal blog as most of the images from Oct, Nov and December are with it.

I ordered mine from the US and it was here in like 6 days. It was FAR cheaper even with shipping from the US than anything I found in Australia.

Not sure if you want to go that stripped down but for your budget it should be a contender.

Oh, and step away from the MPs - they are NOT an indicator of a good camera :thumbsup: Some of the best compacts right now have the current models with lower MPs but better sensors. It's better to have fewer on a better or same size sensor than more crammed in there.

Edited by kja